“Disappointing” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Waveland
Carrollton, Texas
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

The motel is HORRIBLE! Outside is better looking than inside. Dirty, outdated, rundown, room was like a sweat house! I nicely complained about four times that evening with no success. The room we were given had the air conditioner kicked in, all dented with no screen cover. Cobb webb's hanging from ceiling, hard towels and filthy rug. Not to mention cigarette burns in the bedding in a non smoking room! Must be a party place! Would not recommend for children even though water park on premises. You would think if you book a room in the motel you would have discounted tickets to park, NOT. When checking out the next morning I was told by the manager she could not discount me anything for room because I did not book through the motel direct. She said booking through priceline or booking.com was too bad. No Refund! She promised a coupon sent in mail to our house. Nothing! DO NOT STAY HERE! Kinda creepy.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank carol s
COASTGM, Guest Relations Manager at Coast Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Since your stay, we have addressed front desk staff issues in order to better explain our waterpark packages and have hired more suitable front desk staff. We have also addressed issues with room amenities, such as the beds in this specific room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

I recently stayed at the Coast Inn for 2 nights with a group of friends and family. We just needed a place to sleep and were not planning to spend much time in our rooms. The location of the hotel was the main reason we chose this one, as we were planning to attend an event at Hollywood Casino. For the price ($80 per night) we were not expecting anything special. Boy, were our expectations met-and then some! My room was on the bottom floor facing the water park. The room was full of mold growing on the lamp shades, walls, and ceilings. The AC ran hot, and the room was very humid at all times (I'm from Louisiana, so I am used to humid environments. Trust me, this room felt uncomforitably damp and sticky). The carpets were sticky and stained our feet black from walking on them. The room smelled like soured milk and cigarette smoke. The dresser drawers wreaked of soured milk also. The water in the toilet and bathtub was yellow/brown. The telephone in our room looked filthy, was missing buttons, and had no chord to connect the receiver to the phone. Most of the furniture was damaged or broken. The beds were actually pretty comfortable, but what we found under them was very scary. It was obvious that no one had cleaned under the beds in awhile, as we found lots of dirt, old food, etc... but the nastiest thing of all was the used tampon! Needless to say, my friends and I were thoroughly disgusted to discover this rogue dirty tampon. We couldn't help but ponder what horrifying set of events led to the tampon ending up under our bed. We were just glad that we were on our way to check out of the Coast Inn when we discovered the used tampon.
The other people we knew that were also staying at the Coast Inn with us had similar experiences regardless of what floor their rooms were located on. However, there was one room upstairs that was much nicer than everyone else's. It was cleaner, not as humid or smelly, and just looked less used and worn in general. The condition of that room was what we all expected to get for the price we paid, and we would've been satisfied with our stay if we had all received a room like that. Of course, we're not sure how many decent rooms there are in that hotel, but I'd be willing to guess, not too many.
On a positive note, the staff seemed friendly enough. They were willing to move a member of our group to a different room when she complained about the condition of the original one, but the second room wasn't much better.
I have posted pictures with this review of the used tampon under our bed, the stained black feet my husband got just from walking on the carpet in our room, the mold on a lamp shade next to our bed, and the scary looking telephone on the bedside table.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank JLee143
We're sorry to hear about your experience here at the Coast Inn, as this is not what we want any of our guests to experience while staying with us. This sort of experience is something out of the ordinary and we can assure you that our housekeeping staff has since been retrained, with some being replaced. We have also addressed many of your maintenance concerns and are working toward replacing any well-used furniture in our rooms.

Travelers are raving about these Waveland hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

Needs to be updated a LOT!!! No coffee maker in room which sucked bc there's a frig & microwave so I expected coffee pot too, but besides that bummer the furniture has seen better days! Bedspreads have burn holes and you KNOW they hardly ever wash those so they get tossed on ground imediately anyway! Lol... the sheets smelled clean however there were a couple stains. I could smell bleach so I was fine with it, but they need to get new bedding for every room. And they need to paint, scrub the ceramic bathroom floor, shampoo the carpets, and definetly supply a better ice bucket..it was a thin plastic thing with no lid...wtf??? I'm not trying to be picky it's just that they say it was renovated after Katrina, but everything looks old & beat up in the rooms. Don't even have a vent in the bathroom and if you knew my husband then you'd know why it's a MUST!!! Haha...but other than all that it was "do-able"! For the LOW price I'd go there again...just for their Waterpark! Which is nice, my son LOVED IT!!! So knowing that the waterpark alone is bringing in business then I think they should do some upgrading & extensive cleaning! Esp since the park is not Free with room, it's extra, so use my $$ & go buy some new bedding & an ice bucket WITH A LID!!! Oh and a Coffee pot! Lol...I give it an Average rating bc I've seen worse and it is much nicer than the Key West Inn right down the road! But I'm used to nice places with down comforters & WASHABLE duvet covers & granite bathrooms with large tubs...so yes I'm spoiled but my spoiled butt would stay here again just so my kid can have a waterpark right out the room! ;-)

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank starangie
Covington, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

We made reservations in advance for one night with 2 rooms (one bed was broke the other rooms mattress had a huge hole in it . The reservations were screwed up when we arrived .The information that was described in there $99.00 water park special was not what we received . The management at the water park handle the situation so unprofessionally I was embarrassed for her. I sure hope she's no ones grandmother .

Room Tip: Bring your kids further up the road .
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank emma400085
Richton, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

I stayed here on the spur of the moment with my 2 granddaughter's due to its location. The hotel staff was very helpful & friendly. The room could use some upgrades. The first room we were assigned had a broken security lock so I had to change rooms. Both rooms smelled a little "dank" even though they were no smoking rooms. They do have pillow top mattresses but they are wore out. Hotel has a water park in its front parking lot so that was fun. My rental rate included 2 tickets for the water park so that worked out great as I had my 2 granddaughters with me & I received $5 off my ticket purchase. I liked the location, the water park, & the staff. Dislike: the rooms as they need a complete upgrade all the way down to the furniture & carpet & toiletries that are supplied to guest.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank msradwoman
We are glad you had an overall nice stay with us. We are working toward upgrades to various aspects of the rooms and property in general, which we feel will address your concerns.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

My family went for July 4th holiday on a one night stay. We had a great room in front so we were able to see the waterpark. We got there at noon and went into the waterpark until our room was ready at 3pm. The Hotel staff was nice. The staff at the waterpark was very friendly. The waterpark was extremely clean and very affordable. What I liked the most is it was small enough that I could stay in the lazy river and still watch my 9yr old daughter and see her where ever she was in the park. The park is awesome for tiny ones up to teens. The two waterslides were fun and my favorite was the lazy river. The discount rates are around 4pm so it got really busy at that time but before that time there were not many people. I do plan to go back again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank rbas44055
lexington,nc.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2011

the staff was great,helpful,friendly,went out of there way to make me feel at home instead of on the road.the rooms where nice and roomy.very clean.if you needed anything all you had to do was ask .the location is great,everything is close by.i wouldn't stay anywhere but the coast inn if your visiting the area.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank twodogsba
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waveland
Super 8 Bay St. Louis
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Diamondhead
Wingate by Wyndham Gulfport

Been to Coast Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!