All reviews the pub sunday carvery decent price cauliflower cheese night stay long weekend nice atmosphere venison surprised how lovely roast potatoes ales countryman starters dog cornwall camping
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Last visited this pub 7 years ago. It was busy and we had a good meal so decided to try it again for our wedding anniversary. While the food we had was of a good standard the interior of the pub left a lot to be desired. The walls were shabby, the door to the toilets was loose, the ladies loo was revolting. I had to go and ask someone to clean it. The flush handle on the toilet came off when my son flushed - I had to put it back on. No hot or cold markers on the taps - not good when with a young child. Water pressure so low a mere dribble came out of the taps. Back in the restaurant my son dropped a fork on the floor and when I picked it up I put my hand in a giant cobweb! The waitress was friendly but too hasty, removing plates before we had all finished. Shame really as we enjoyed the meal itself. Just feel like this pub could be so much better than it is with some tlc and a good clean.

Date of stay: June 2012
Reviewed April 17, 2012

My husband little girl and I had sunday lunch here this month , and it was the worst dinner we have eaten for a long time , It reminded me of school dinners but a lot worse very disappointing. We are local so won,t be going there again.

Date of stay: April 2012
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Having managed to arrive at the nearby otter sanctuary on a day it was closed we went to this pub to eat and re-think our day. We were very pleasantly surprised to find a reasonable range of veggie options. I plumped for a relatively boring option of veggie burger, chips and salad, they had had a number of interesting veggie dishes, including some using quorn. It was only a burger in a bun, but there was plenty of side salad and chips. My companions had similar pub style meals and enjoyed them. Well cooked, and plenty of it. A bonus for the meat eaters, they use some locally produced meat.

Date of stay: March 2012
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Stopped over for a one night stay ,its got so much going for it just needs some money spent on Freshing it up very tired in places . Fishy Friday was well worth the money very tasty .Overall cheap room so you get what you pay for

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Ive eaten here on and off for years as I live locally. The food is always just about average and the service is unpredictable. Its just one of those pubs that you forget is there...nothing about it to make you want to visit really. It does become very busy in the summer months and seems popular with families with young children. Unless you like mediocre food and enjoy being annoyed by other people's unruly children, I wouldnt bother.

Date of stay: October 2011