3,009 results
All reviewsgold strikem lifechicago steakhouseatrium cafeamericana buffetmississippi riverget awayseafood buffetgreat tripnon smokingslot machinespoker roomtable gamesgreat roomjamcasinopickles
Reviewed August 11, 2009

Hello my name is Ricky Folsom me and my wife Sharon stay at the Gold Strike Casino   Hotel when we were there in July we loved it we are looking forward to coming back we have learn that sometimes that you will give free nights stay we would love to come back right away if you could give us a two night stay thank you very much Ricky and Sharon Folsom.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank rickyandsharon
Reviewed August 1, 2009

Should've known when we went to check in at noon and a room "wasn't available." Finally checked in an hour later and the room was great. In the meantime had checked out the Atrium Cafe and was sorely disappointed. Everywhere you go in this hotel REEKS of smoke, including the restaurants. Was in town for a wedding. Came back from the reception and were told that "valet was full" by a rude employee. In my opinion, when I stay at a hotel like this, valet is included in the room. I was told it was "complimentary" however, we all know the price of valet is included in your room. Was given no compensation for the loss of valet services. Will NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN. Advise you to stay away. Staff unfriendly and unwilling to truly deal with shortcomings on their part.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Mary L
Reviewed August 1, 2009

We stayed at the Goldstrike Casino & Hotel in Robinsonville, MS on July 25, 2009 when we were down from Memphis to see the Black Crowes at Bluesville in the casino next door. I booked the room the same day I bought the tickets, and was glad as everything was totally sold out the day of the concert. I had read some of the reviews and really didn’t know what to expect. I booked through Expedia and called the day of our trip and asked if I could have a room on a high floor. Debra in reservations said she couldn’t guarantee but would make a note. When we checked in I told the front desk girl that I had put in a request (through Expedia I had already requested a King smoking room). We were on the 26th floor and had an amazing view of the other casinos and the Mississippi River, very cool high ceilings, big windows. This was a redecorated room from the older photos I had seen on their website, with a sleek art deco chair, furniture, and king bed with padded headboard). There was a flat screen TV on the wall and the big bathroom was very nice with granite and nice spa toiletries, and plenty of towels. They do give you some bottled water (tap water has a bad taste). There is a hairdryer and the safe is in the closet wall. We drank some champagne that we put in the silver ice bucket, and set off to eat. We went to the buffet instead of the Steakhouse due to not really having a lot of time before our event. They have all types of food and you can have free chardonnay or merlot. They had white zinfandel too. The prime rib was too well done for me, but I like it rare, and the whole lobster was not very good, but there was so much other really good stuff, like mussels and shrimp fra Diablo, fried frog legs (and I am not normally that into them, but they were great!), crab cakes, garlic fried bay scallops, salad bar. They have a pasta cooked to order station that we meant to try but got too full, yummy desserts. Our server was really on top of filling our wine glasses, so we tipped him well. The lobby and spa areas are elegant and upscale. There are two separate large hot tubs and an indoor pool, we just didn’t have time to use them, though you do have to pay a “resort fee” of $5 anyway, but the nice covered parking garage made up for that (you don’t have to walk through the casino to get in and out of the hotel). Everyone was very friendly and helpful. They have a brunch buffet in the morning, but we ordered room service because we were still enjoying our fabulous room. Room service took FOREVER and there was an 11:00 check out, so I was worried. When it finally came, our server said they should have told us it would be an hour when we called, so she called the manager from our room and got them to extend our checkout to 1 p.m. so we could eat breakfast without having to rush. Room service is expensive but they do bring a breakfast table and set it up for you with all the trimmings. We had eggs benedict, hash browns, and mimosas. The mimosas were $8, but we each had a whole little carafe, about two large serving each. The drinks were good, not skimpy on the champagne, and plenty of hollandaise sauce on the eggs, tender Canadian bacon. Our whole experience was great, from check in to check out. It is nice to go somewhere that the employees do seem glad you are there. I never told them, but this little trip was my birthday present and the Goldstrike made it perfect even though they never knew. A great outing from here is the Tunica River Park, with beautiful nature trails along the Mississippi and a really informative and fun museum.

1  Thank Mexilady
Reviewed July 18, 2009

We had not stayed at Gold Strike for several years. I had been in Tunica last month with my sister & attempted to make reservations for a July stay at that time. Our adult son was coming with us & a month before our visit we asked for adjoining rooms & were told they could not guarantee that. Why not--with over a month's notice? After a 10 hour car trip, we arrived to find long lines at the checkin desk. We waited 30 minutes only to be told we would have to come back in 30 minutes if we wanted rooms that were CLOSE--not adjoining, not even the same floor, just close. We immediately got into another line, knowing that it would take 30 minutes more to get to the checkin person. This agent (Thelma) told us that if we were willing to wait 90 minutes to checkin, she would block out adjoining rooms for us. We went ahead & gambled & were pleased to find her true to her word & we were given adjoining rooms. All this time our bellman (Marquez) was looking after our luggage & probably wondering if we would ever get a room. We had not stayed at Gold Strike in several years & were pleasantly surprised at how nicely the rooms had been redone. We went to the Atrium for a snack. Food was very good, but pretty expensive & we paid more for our "snack" than we had paid for a full meal on the road to Tunica. We found it was much better to walk to the Horseshoe next door for their buffet. They seemed to run about a dollar more for each buffet, but never was a dollar better spent. They have a huge variety of food--some of the best we have ever seen. We had saved half of a cake we had bought at the Atrium for our anniversary. Unfortunately, the maid decided to throw this away. There had been a few dollars under the cake box & she took this as well. My husband was quite incensed over this as he had tipped a maid in the hall for extra towels before we left for the day. I am assuming the maid who serviced our room was a different maid & indeed, our extra towels disappeared when she hung them neatly & provided no others. We talked to several other guests in the casino that reported the same delays on getting their reserved rooms. Apparently it does not pay to plan ahead on reservations. Our bellman checking out was Bah & he was extremely nice & efficient & friendly. If all employees were more like Bah & Marquez, we would certainly want to return. We expressed our concerns to the desk person on checkout. She seemed suprised by our bad experience, but apparently had no power to do anything to remedy it.

1  Thank Barbara F
Reviewed July 17, 2009

We were pleasantly surprised at the Gold Strike as this was our first visit to Tunica. We are used to the hotels in Vegas so our expectations were not high for a casino in Tunica. The room is very modern and we really liked the flat panel tv's and comfy bed. The room was very spacious. The hotel staff is very accomodating and friendly and our stay was during a holiday weekend and the place was packed.

We enjoyed the casino but were left disappointed with the food. We would not recommend the buffet. We had it on Friday night and it was steak and lobster and for the price it was awful. There were not many vegetables to choose from and everything was either cold or tasted like it was reheated or had been setting their awhile. Keep in mind we ate at 5:00 so it was not very late. We ate at Burger City and it was good but very limited items on the menu and pricey. We will opt next time to go to another hotel for our meals.

The hotel does have Wi-fi for $13/day and it was very fast and well worth the price.

1  Thank Amy V