“Enjoyable”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Jacksonville, Florida
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

The rooms are clean and neat. There was plenty of hot water for showers. Hallways are exceptionally quiet with plush carpet so you aren't disturbed at night. Everyone on staff was friendly and helpful. Ask for a room high up. The sunrise and sunsets are spectacular.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up. The view is spectacular.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (606)
  • Korean first
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We stayed two nights at Gold Strike. We requested two queen beds because we were traveling with two children. The room seemed updated. It was very clean and fresh. The front desk was very professional and friendly. In addition, I had to call the front desk a few times. They were always accommodating. Room service was also great and friendly. Our children had activities planned in a nearby city. There would not have been too much for them to do. My husband and I had a fabulous time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hillside, Illinois
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Hotel, Casino and Staff are 5 Star! Gold Strike goes out of their way to make your trip enjoyable. Large variety of restaurants to choose from, comfortable and spacious rooms, great bands playing in the different stages and staff the is willing to go out of their way to make your stay as pleasant as possible. I would highly recommend a trip to Gold Strike

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I was very disappointed with the Gold Strike Hotel. I reserved 2 rooms & requested connecting rooms. I spoke with the hotel twice to reiterate my request. Both times I was informed that the hotel would try to grant my request but there were no guarantees. I understood. Upon check in, I was informed that there were no connecting rooms available. In fact one of the connecting rooms I reserved had just been given to someone else. The rooms would be across the hall from each other. Strike ONE.
Check in was at 4 p.m. Only 1 room was ready. The second room was ready at 4:45. Strike TWO.
The pool was extremely small for a hotel that large. A sign posted stated maximum capacity was 15. We went to the pool after dinner to discover that there were at least 25 children in the pool. The children were running & jumping into the pool. It was an unsafe situation. No one from the Gold Strike Hotel was there to regulate or enforce the pool rules, even though you had to walk by the spa registration desk to get to the pool. Strike THREE.
The staff was polite. From housekeeping to the valet. The food at the Americana Buffet was not great.
We stayed in Tunica as it is close to Memphis. The purpose of our trip was to visit Memphis. Tunica was less expensive than Memphis. Next time I will spend the $$ & stay in Memphis.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Liz j
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My St. Louis Bestie and I met up and took a little Mini-VaKay to the Goldstrike in #Tunica Mississippi July 11th -15th. I was in a Black Jack tournament, Got to spend to Win for free play and won $200 can't beat that and got complimentary tickets to see Tangani Cirque De soleil show that was awesome. Never saw two women fit into a small box. Totally awesome. I truly enjoyed my mini vakay. The customer service was excellent as always from the valet to the Check-In. Check in at 3 and it took all of 6 mins. Very pleasant. The buffet was awesome. #BuffetAmericana was great, The crab legs were always hot and the food was the best, no complaints, and surprisingly the lines were not that long. Saturday night before the show we had reservations for the #Chicagosteakhouse. I had a porterhouse steak that was so awesome, with a twice bake potatoe and A glass of Merlot, went great. My Bestie has the Ribeye with the Lobster that was super awesome as well. Don't worry I took a pisc of it for you to see.

I always request a high floor so I can look out onto the Mississippi and watch the sun rise. The room was awesome, the beds are comfortable just all around a great hotel. The #mlife is awesome, By far the Goldstrike is where I get most of all my comps. My favorite #Casino in Tunica, MS. A totally great time. I would recommend this Hotel to everyone if they are every in Tunica, MS

Room Tip: High Floors
Green Features: I love the fact that upstairs is no-smoking gaming. Awesome environment for people who don't smoke
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2014

As always I had a wonderful time. Every employee is cheerful and happy to assist in any way. There is a variety of places to eat. The casino now has a no-smoking section on the second floor that is awesome. I just love this casino and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2014
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Just recently returned from our first trip to the Gold Strike and to Tunica. The hotel staff was excellent. The room was very nice and housekeeping did an excellent job. The casino was a little smoky so they could improve on their ventilation system, but all in all, it was a great trip and we plan on returning.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple