“Nice place”

Gold Strike Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 10, 2014

This was a good stop on our way to New Orleans.
We thought the staff was so friendly and helpful.
Clean rooms. Very tight machines in casino...though...
We did not eat here...so I cannot help with that review.

Room Tip: This was a good room. Fairly easy to get in and out, rooms clean, nice beds. Easy to find. Three...
1  Thank Julie E

Reviewed May 7, 2014

I think Gold Strike and Horseshoe are the two best in Tunica. Have stayed at both and only have minor concerns with either. (Slow drain, too close to noisy pool)
Also nice that you can walk back and forth to both.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the river view.
1  Thank Patrick H
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

Our first visit to the Goldstrike was very nice. My husband and I chose it for a quick getaway. The rooms are spotless. The staff, all of them are polite, professional, friendly and helpful. We found the games t be a lot of fun. I am not a gambler at all... but I learned how to play blackjack because the lady working the table was so friendly and fun, I sat down and played.... I might be hooked now! I also learned how to play 3 card poker. The slot machines are endless at this place. They have a second floor to accommodate non smoking guests, I enjoyed my time up there as well. I did not eat at the buffet... so I cannot rate that. But if you decide to eat late, after 10pm... there is a great spot next door at the Horseshoe called 8oz Burger Bar that's open 24 hours, they serve mire than burgers and it's well worth the walk over. The value, style, cleanliness, and atmosphere of the Gold star are the best... I actually took the time to view the rooms at both the Horseshoe & The Road house nearby... PICK GOLDSTAR. My last tip is if you like Starbucks coffee, The horseshoe has one in their lobby.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Pamela P
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Awesome fun and food with great rooms for rest
The pool and hot tubs were great to unwind and restaurants had great food and service. We also had a great time with all the different types of slots. The entire experience was wonderful for my wife and I. Everything from all of the staff to the gambling facilities make for a fun and positive atmosphere to enjoy your stay.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

We have been going to Gold Strike several times a year for about 20 years. Check in/out is always easy. The staff is always very courteous and helpful. We usually eat in the Atrium..while service might be a little slow, the food is always good. We usually stay 2-3 nights and always have a great time.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We received a $39.00 per night plus a $10.00 players card offer by email. They did not honor the offers. When we arrived they tried to charge the regular rate. They did lower it but not to the original offer. They did call the reservations number for me to try and get the original rate and the lady on the phone was hateful. I wonder if anyone got the special rate or this was a gimmick. We decided to not play the slots here and played at the Horseshoe instead which turned out GREAT.
We did not eat at the Gold Strikes restaurant. The Gold Strike chose not to honor us so we chose to give them a poor rating. The room and lobby was nice.

1  Thank ozarkslover
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Whether you gamble or not, this hotel is a wonderful place to relax. I like small time gambling and this outfit is gracious enough to comp me free rooms so I keep returning. However, I return because the hotel and casino staff treat me like I am a member of the 1%. The pool staff (indoor pool so great year round) brought us out ice cold bottles of water and a cool towel after we had been sitting in the hot tub for several minutes. Perfect timing. For those who don't gamble, there is golfing. The gaming tables don't have much action during the early part of the day so the pool and hot tub were a great time until the tables opened. The casino staff were wonderful and patient in helping me learn the games I didn't know. The rooms have free wifi so a break in the action in our spacious room with a beautiful view is also relaxing. The buffet is so good that I rarely try the other restaurants but the cafe is great for a late night snack. The best part is they now have a SMOKE FREE gambling area upstairs. It is my hope more people use it so the smoke free area is moved downstairs.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends