“gold strike casino and hotel”

Gold Strike Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Very nice and clean rooms. a great value for the cost. The dinner buffet is another nice part about staying at the gold strike. I love the table games and the ability to gamble with low minimums. we usually visit during the week (m-th) its nice that its right nest to the horse shoe casino too. the staff is always accommodating.

Room Tip: front view is nice with all the lights
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Gold Strike Casino Resort

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Have stayed here several times and each time it great. The hotel has all amenities and the rooms are very comfortable. It is a value stay especially during the week.
Internet is slow but they are working on that.

My favorite 'on the road' hotel...

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 28, 2014

great trip over all the service was great the indoor pool was a little small but no one was in there so that was a plus hot tub was hot enough.great location can walk right next door to horseshoe or right next door roadhouse.3 in a row can't go wrong.but no more poker room they just closed it down.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Very disappointed to learn they closed their poker room the day before we arrived. My man went to play poker, He had to go next door. I found they had a very limited amount of video poker working during our stay. No progressives at all. I only play poker so I didn't have much choice.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view other than rooftop
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2014

This is the best casino to go to in tunica everyone is so friendly and pleasant the slot machines could be a little bit looser but over all I think gold strike is the best keep up the good work I would bring all my friends and family to the gold strike thanks you for being such a clean happy casino

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I really enjoyed this place they have like 40 floors and manage to keep your room and the place looking great. unlike the other hotel in the strip the Roadhouse which had a nasty room. Again I love the GoldStrike casino it is one of the best ones on the strip.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2014

About mid Dec. my wife and I went back up to Tunica for a four day stay to do some gambling.

I just love going up there for some reason for a few days every now and then. We have 12 casinos in the Gulf Coast area where I live and I visit them quite regular to play craps. I do this for a hobby not to make money to live on, but I do enjoy it very much.

We stayed at the Gold Strike again, and as usual it was a great hotel to stay in. We requested a high floor room away from the elevator traffic and was well satisfied where we were put. Didn't use room service any because I stayed out of the room mostly.

Played craps there and the Horseshoe Casino mostly. Did make some runs to Sam's town and Hollywood to play some also. The only Casino that I lost money in was the Fitzgerald, and that was because I got off of my game plan and got stupid. Over all Tunica is a great place for me to get away to and the Hotel accommodations were as good as ever and superior to most in the area.

Looking forward to going back in the Spring. Will probably make another sweep like we did that week over to Bossier City/ Shreveport area before we come home. This is about a 1200 mile round trip by car so we generally take 7 to 8 days. Thanks for all of the trip information you put out on TripAdvisor we use it a lot to get ideas on the area we are going to. Wallace

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business