“Your Review good or bad”

Gold Strike Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I enjoyed this visit. I had a reunion with my extended family and it was a grest place to get together. I have been here at the Gold Strike before and was sure that it was a good place to have a family get to gether and I was not dissapointed in what I found to be a great venue.

Room Tip: None! I thought that the staff did a great job. I visit many places and was not disipointed.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,643)

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed there on our way to the BBQ fest in Memphis. Hotel is excellent and the games are not to bad. Won a little. Had a small problem with the maid service but the superviser took care of it super. We had our dog with us and the security people in the parking lot made sure everything was safe. The dog stayed in the van with the side door open for air. I can't say enough about the help from the security people from giving us cones to use while we left for the day so our van would be by the shade tree to keep the dog cool. All and all a excellent stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: High floors are the best and the elevaters are fast.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Really enjoyed our stay. We will return. The hotel was clean and rooms very nice. Love having the choice of the Atrium Cafe in lieu of a buffett. Just really wish they would serve COCA-COLA!!! hate pepsi!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We have visited the Gold Strike numerous times and never been disappointed. Our room was again very clean and quiet. We used the valet staff and they are prompt and courteous (Daniel is always great ). We dined at the Atrium, no problems with food and service was excellent both mornings and evenings. Check in was a breeze, thanks Jeremy, and we used express check out. We've taken friends before as we did this time and they have returned also. I agree with another review, take your own pillow ( we did ) as the ones in the rooms are so big. If I could make one change / recommendation it would be to make the casino non-smoking. Aside from the smoke in the casino it is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Some nice views from upper rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AR-Doodad
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We checked into the Gold Strike Casino Hotel on Monday, May 13, 2013 around 5:15 PM. There is a five story parking garage on the west side of the hotel. Except for parking space on level two, which is reserved for their VIP guests, the remaining parking levels were less than one-quarter full. Check-in was handled very quickly and efficiently by a young woman named Carol. Our room number was 2529 and there were two queen-size beds in the room. The room was clean with two exceptions. First, there was a small, dime-size piece of flattened dirt or mud on one tile in the corner of the tiled entryway. I picked up the flattened, mud piece and flushed it down the commode. Thinking about it now, I only hope it was mud. Second, there were handprints on the inside glass of the lone, exterior window. These handprints became apparent around 7:00 AM, as we looked east toward a bright sunrise, on Tuesday morning, May the 14th. We noted that there was extensive ground fog in the surrounding rice, soybean and cotton fields. My only real problem with the room was this: What do I do with the upholstered, bolster pillows on the beds? There were only two chairs in the room - one desk chair with arms and one chair next to the window. I cannot throw clean pillows onto the floor; thereby, soiling the pillows for the next room occupant(s). I did the only thing I could do, I used one chair to store both bolster pillows and had to put two more bed pillows on top of the whole pile. Speaking of the bed pillows, they were firm and overstuffed. Bring your own pillow, if you prefer a soft, thin pillow. Check-out on Tuesday, May 14th was handled with aplomb by a young woman named Erin. Now, a word about the Mississippi Valley flying insect population. If your automobile/truck/SUV has a paint finish, you will want to stop at the nearest carwash during your visit to Tunica, Mississippi. The flying insects are out in great numbers. The purple martins are not up to the task of providing effective insect control.

Room Tip: The buffet renovation is scheduled for completion in 'late May' 2013. Until then, the buffe...
2  Thank Donald G
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The Gold Strike offers a good selection of slots and gaming tables. The rooms are a nice size with comfortable beds. We liked the overall atmosphere of the hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. We look forward to another stay at the Gold Strike!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We booked 2 rooms for 2 nights they were both extremely comfortable and clean. We paid for these rooms even though we had free rooms at other area casino/hotels. We will definitely return they have the most comfortable beds in town.

Room Tip: They do not have refrigerator in room but are provided upon request.