“Water bugs, dead spiders, dirty room oh my.”

Hollywood Casino Tunica Hotel
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
Reviewed February 14, 2011

Recent stay at this hotel was horrible. Bathroom had a giant dead waterbug. Dead spiders were in webs in the corners and sheets were stained. Non-smoking room smelled like smoke. Air condition did not blow cold air and appeared in poor condition. Even the vending machine was messed up, dispensing a regular drink when you pushed the button for a diet drink. Brought the problems to the attention of the person at the front desk who really did not care and said she would inform house keeping later.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 20, 2011

I have been going to the Hollywood for years. In the last few they have re-done the rooms adding pillow top mattresses in the king rooms and flat screen lg televisions. Also they have the individual coffee cup machines which we enjoy. Although a little smokey from being connected to the casino the ease of location compensates for the smoke. called for extras from housekeeping and they were at the door in 5 minutes or less! My favorite place to stay in tunica, hands, down

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank marymark059
Reviewed November 30, 2010

Great Hotel, fabulous beds and a great staff who know how to treat a customer so they want to return. I've been staying there for the last 7 years and I wouldn't think of going somewhere else.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NOGO1969
Reviewed November 17, 2010

We recently stayed at Hollywood and couldn't have asked for a more fun time. The casino hosts go out of their way for you and the staff are excellent. They are friendly and make sure everything is perfect. Did o.k. on the slots. Drink servers could have come around a little more often, but they do have drink station (non-alcoholic) on the floor. Most casino's lack in the server arena though. Rooms are always clean and beds are comfortable. If you do need anything extra (coffee, towels, etc.) Housekeeping is right there within 10 minutes. Would highly recommend this casino to anyone traveling to Tunica!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 17, 2010

Stayed at the Hollywood for three nights, the staff from the beginning to the end were top notch.

The food in all three restaurants, Buffet, Diner and Steakhouse were EXCELLENT. I really took exception to the breakfast buffet put out for guests. The choice of food was enormous, and being an early riser, found that the food was prepared to perfection. (The cook deserves a raise.) I've traveled extensively and have never found a breakfast buffet with so much to offer, done so well.

The dinner at the Fairbanks Steakhouse was also exceptional. Myself I had Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail, the NY Strip Steak Diane, grilled asparagus and a glass of White Zinfandel. Again the staff was both friendly and efficient.

I'll be back.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2010

My wife and I are both Premiere card holders and usually go over from Alabama and play every month or so. Our last trip was 28 - 30 October and we had a great time. We met our Casino host, Renee and she is just the most wonderful person and really makes you want to be at Hollywood. I just can't say enough about her and she alone, made the trip worth while and fun. After playing some Friday we went back to the room to find a cheese, cracker and melon platter, a bottle of wine and botteled water in the fridge. The slots were tight but we had fun and besides when we went over in early October I hit a couple jackpots so we have no complaints. We had a room over the Casino Floor, it was clean and had everything you needed. The Fairbanks Steakhouse is just amazing, the staff was very friendly and took good care of you. We have been very happy with our visits. If I had to identify one area that needs improvement it would be their check-in policy and check-in staff. Check-in time is 3:00PM which is great but they make everyone wait until that time and a long line forms. I travel a lot in my job and every hotel I stay at will let you check-in early if your room is ready. In addition the check-in staff does not seem like they are interested in listening to your requests and will tell you anything to get you to move along. Over all this is a wonderful place and we always enjoy our time at Hollywood and think you will too. No place is perfect but this is the closest we have found and having a Host like Renee makes it more than worth while.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2010

My husband, sometimes our friends, generally visit Tunica maybe once a month.
We get comped rooms at Hollywood, either free or under $50.00.
We discovered that the end of the hall rooms, although a long walk, are quieter and
set up a bit different than the usual rooms. It seems we don't hear the doors slamming
as much.
The rooms are fine, showers fine, I like the Neutrogena bathroom products.
We enjoy Hollywood a lot because of the staff, the gaming and the buffet.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple