Hollywood Casino Tunica Hotel
Best Western Tunica Resort(Tunica)(Great Value!)
$51
$28
  • Pool
$44
Hotels.com
All reviewsmemory foamepic buffetmovie memorabiliarv parkbreakfast buffethot tubtable gamesresort feesnack barmid weekfriday nightslot machinesrooms are nicefairbankscelebritypropscasino
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 25, 2010

After giving a previous review about staying at HOllywood Casino hotel, I have a 2nd review. I just spent 2 nights there. Everything seemed to have suddenly changed. Rooms should be ready by 4:pm, I had to wait until 6pm. No table games open except roulette and blackjack. I asked why on the first night I got there and they said dealers called in. 2nd day, no dealers, and 3rd day still no dealers. Something is going on. Are they on strike? Did they all quit or get fired? WHo knows. I requested coffee twice and it never arrived to my room. The maid didn't even empty my wastepaper basket that was by my bed.
Something must be going on here that the public doesn't know about. They are extremely short staffed in nearly every department.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 11, 2010

WE called and got reservations for 01/09/2010 for one night.When we arrived it took about one hour to ge up to our room not because the hotel was busy but just one valet to park the cars.The buffet was over priced for what they was serving and the waiter was slow and discourtiousWe ate in a ball roomdue to the remodeling of the buffet.Need to keep your quality.Several employees said there had been layoffs resulting in this.Stayed here several times but next time I come to Tunica I will stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bubbaCabotAr
Reviewed November 23, 2009

Have been staying at the Hollywood for the last 5 years. Always thought it was a cut above the other Tunica Hotels because of some small amenities that made the difference. Thye had real glass drinking glasses and real china coffee mugs. This trip we were greeted with styrafoam cups which somehows cheapens the room. I would still stay here and still recommend it but wish they had kept he real stuff. It is also one of the few casins that have free internet (think Gold Strike has it in the lobby too). It is free in the lobby and you can get a signal in some rooms. Our room on te 2nd floor had a very good signal. I agree with the reviews on the slots...they are really tight. Blackjack seemed pretty good. Two deck pitch paid 3:2 for blackjack. Dealers were friendly. Check in was fast. Comps are easy at table games. Buffett is OK...not as good as Harrahs or the Horseshoe.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2009

They were very accommodating, needed a handicapped room and I rented a wheelchair that had the legs for a much shorter person than I but within ten minutes someone was at the door and fixed the chair for me. My wife and daughter loved the pool and hot tub. the casino is covered in Hollywood memerabilia which keeps it fun. The buffet is very good as well, and if you are a new card holder it can be very cheap. Try the crab and prime rib night. The only thing was the diner had slow service the one time we ate there. The location is great you can walk over to Resorts Casino ans Sam’s town is right across the street. Only about 30-40 min. from Memphis. Would stay again!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2009

We were booked in a king, non-smoking room. The room was clean and roomy, just a little dated. No flat screen as mentioned in other reviews. There was a small refrigerator in the room and a one -cup coffeemaker. There was no problem is getting additional coffee supplies. The beds were temper-pedic and took a little getting used to and the walls were very thin. That said, the hotel section we were in was very convenient to the casino and it was great not having to walk a mile. Use your player's card and they offer a lot of free or reduced meals. The breakfast buffets were good. We were really pleased with the customer service.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple