“Just as good as before !!”

Hollywood Casino Tunica Hotel
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
Glasgow, Kentucky
“Just as good as before !!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We have been there before and it was just as nice this time. One thing I really like about this hotel is that you get free Wi-Fi. Some of the casino hotels in Tunica don't offer free Wi-Fi. It is 2013- got over it and join the future. Good location to other casinos also. The room was a great price.

Room Tip: Check all the travel web sites and make sure you check their own web site. You can get a good deal...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NancyO1950

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Of the Casino hotel in Tunica Holly surpasses all the rest. I played very little there last year, we decided to stay at Hollywood this year. Took my 2 teen daughters also. 2 side by side rooms for 4 nights Comp'ed. Three full buffet meals for 4 people comp. hotel is updated and comfortable. FREE Wi-Fi. Harrah's and Horseshoe now charge $12.95 per day per device. I put all my play at Hollywood, seems like they want my business

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Dave H
Canyon, Texas
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stayed two (separate) nights in July - both mid-week. The first room we were given was very nice, well-appointed, and clean. Slept well. On the second night, the room we were given seemed older and not as clean. The bed also seemed more broken down and less comfortable.

Dining selections were limited. There's the buffet, which we did not try, as a tour bus arrived just after we did, and the line was too long for our liking, and there's the "Celebrity Grille" - a snack bar off the casino. We ate there, as the upstairs steakhouse was closed (on that particular night too) on certain week days, apparently. The food at the grille was average fare - hamburgers and sandwiches.

The pool was OK - large and plenty of room for guests. Children allowed to swim only until 8 PM.

The casino was average - I play table games only, and there was a very limited selection of those. Gaming personnel generally seemed indifferent, and I noticed several occasions where dealers had to be reminded to pay a bet, because they weren't paying attention to the dice. I don't play machines so I cannot comment, other than there were plenty available.

What really struck us as odd was the seeming lack of common courtesy / customer service shown, in general, by the staff. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I think staff should greet customers in a welcoming manner - "Hello! Welcome to our property! Thank you for your stay!" I was at the front desk at least four times (twice upon check-in, and twice upon check-out) and only once recall receiving a greeting. The other times, it was more like "next!" None of the questions or instructions were preceded by please or sir - just directions on what I needed to do in order to complete the given process. One of the staff seemed put out when I asked to verify my second night's stay - really? Here's a suggestion - "Hello, name PLEASE, PLEASE swipe your card, PLEASE sign here, and THANK YOU," go a long way towards making customers feel appreciated.

All-in-all, it was an average stay for the $29 rate we paid.

All of this is personal opinion, based on my observations - your mileage may vary.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We came for the National Bikers Round up and ended up staying ti August 12. The grounds are beautiful. Deer roam the golf coarse its so peaceful here. Security is always around. If you get chance to come here you will habe an amazing time. Michelle at the front desk is nothing short of AMAZING! That young woman knows her stuff. So come on down to Hollywood you wont regret it.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank hushpupp
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We recently stayed at the Hollywood casino RV park in Tunica MS. The RV park was very nice. Located right next to the casino you can actually walk from your RV to a side door of the casino. The staff were very helpful and the casino was nice. Plenty of slots & several table games to choose from. During our brief stay we visited several of the local casinos, so feel free to view my other reviews on them. Sam's town is just across the street and has RV parking as well, but it looks like merely an extension of their parking lot. The RV park at Hollywood is nicely landscaped, & is next to the golf course. Security makes frequent passes through the park as well, so I never felt unsafe. You also have use of the hotel's indoor pool & spa which are very nice. There is a fitness room located by the pool as well. I would highly recommend this as a place to stay if you travel by RV. We will be returning soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Loves-to-travel1966
Normal, Illinois
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Third time staying here in the last 6 months, slight disappointment when checking in since I made my reservations well in advance this time & the room I requested wasn't available. They let me know that requested rooms aren't guaranteed. None the less stay was fine as usual, casino was fun and we will be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Graysville
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Our stays at the Hollywood Hotel have always been great. The absolute best beds (memory foam) anywhere. Always clean, good showers, nicely lit bathrooms. The check-in/out desk is usually understaffed but the rooms are well worth the wait. Only a short, about 40 minutes, drive to Memphis and you cannot get a better room for the price in the city. We have stayed many times and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Tower 2 is always good and has excellent Wi-Fi access.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends