“Roadhouse review” 1 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Jonesboro, Arkansas
“Roadhouse review”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2010

Used to be the Sheraton , now Roadhouse.

Been to a lot of hotel and motels , I am not a very picky person. All I ask for is a clean room and good service. This hotel had neither.

Room 501. Water left in tub , hair in floor , grungy faucets , bedspread had stains , chairs grungy , hair in dresser , supposed to be non smoking however there were ashtrays and ashes in nightstand. TV door cabinet broke , coffee pot lid broke , windows nasty.

Called to confirm asked for 2 bed non smoking , only had 1 bed but could put in a rollaway bed. On arrival , no rollaway. Called desk , said would bring one up. Got in later that night still no rollaway , went to front desk and they said they don`t have rollaways and never had them.

Desk service was lacking , had to wait and wait with no one in front of us.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Memphis Area
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2010

My husband and I stay at the Sheraton/Roadhouse all the time. We love the rooms as they are now, except they need new carpet. The people are always friendly, and Debbye, our casino host, is the best, although Tamika has helped us out when Debbye's not there, and she's always good, too. My son was in our room for a little while, though, with the do not disturb sign on the door, and Housekeeping tried to come in, although they had already cleaned the room earlier (there wasn't any need for them to be there, so why were they?)

The casino itself was a little of a dump before, but the workers and video poker choices were why we liked to play in there. Now, it's even more of a dump, and is way too loud. The bathrooms are the ugliest I have ever seen. Someone else had mentioned this to me while I was at the Horseshoe next door, so I checked it out upon my return. They were right. The Sheraton was the only place in Tunica where I played before, but now we are going elsewhere, too. Whereas before I put several million through the machines a year (Seven Stars), I'll just put one through the video poker machines-enough to keep the Seven Stars status, and put the rest through the machines at other local casinos.

The Roadhouse has changed the drawings to cater to people who don't play that much and aren't even there, instead of the loyal customers. I don't like everyone having only one entry in a drawing---someone playing a few cents for a few minutes getting called, and someone playing as $5 to $25 all day long not EVER getting called, is just not right. If they don't appreciate my play, I'll play somewhere that does!!!! Also, they sent larger coupons to people who have never (yes, it's true, NEVER) played in there, than many of us who do. I can understand trying to get more people to play in there, but I saw these people they sent $125 to (3 x what I got), and if they gamble more than $20 of their own money, it'll be a miracle. I feel as if I"ve been slapped in the face...they don't want those of us who have been loyal to keep being loyal. Fine.

For now, I would recommend the hotel to a friend, but if they change it to be like the casino now is, I wouldn't. The casino itself is losing alot of its loyal customers due to the reasons stated above. They're busy now, due to all of the coupons they sent out, but when it's all said and done, they are going to wish they had the loyal Seven Stars and Diamond customers back.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TunicaSevenStar
Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2009

The rooms are dirty, carpet is dirty and stained, dirty bathrooms. Looks pretty in your pictures. My stay was comp or I would have checked out first day. Has good location to walk to other casinos to play. This hotel is the worse I have ever stayed at. Check in staff great and very helpful. Valet service is no where to be found--you better park your car yourself behind the Horseshoe casino. If you are lucky enough to find valet staff don't expect any help. Definately a no frills place to stay. If you stay here better bring your clorox to clean the bathroom because the staff certainly does not clean before you arrive or after you leave. This hotel does not meet my expectations of Harrah's. I'm ready to go back to Tunica, but I will never stay at this hotel again even if it is totally free with my reward comps.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta Ga
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2009

Stayed at the "new" RoadHouse during the week of December 20-23 and found the staff to be friendly and open. Check in was quick and correct. Did not use the Valet service. The hotel entrance is confusing if you have not been before, it is located on the side between the RoadHouse and the HorseShoe.

Traveled with my Aunt and we were given a handicapped room even though one was not needed. The room was clean and very typical of the Tunica rooms at other casinos. One thing we did not like was the GLASS doors on the bathroom. You could see directly into the shower from the room and into the whole bathroom from the hall! We thought this was weird.

We had the best luck at the slots in the new Roadhouse Casino (wonder if this was to get business) and found the staff to be nice and helpful both in the hotel and the casino. I also like that you can put a sign on the door that lets housekeeping know to clean the room.

We will go back but will try the HorseShoe next time to compare. We feel that any of the 3 casino's in the group are could because you can park in one spot and gamble at three places.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2009

During our stay, We enjoyed the casino gaming, but before we checked out a staff member entered our room without permission. I asked front desk about it, did not seem concerned. I called back and left my name, phone #, and message for the Mgr. Phone call has not been returned!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Memphis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2009

The Sheraton was our favorite place to stay and gamble. The new Roadhouse casino is terrible. The staff was rude, beyond belief. The casino was dirty. Half of the slot machines were broken and I had trouble with every machine redeeming my free slot play that I recieve in the mail. The ticket redeeming stations were also broken and you had to stand in long lines to cash out. Maybe they will work out the kinks after they are open for a while. It is just really hard to give them another chance after experiencing such rude wait staff!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2009

We have stayed at all of the Harrahs properties. I don't care for the Hotels at the Harrah casino, both the Terrace and Veranda have air conditioning issues...way to hot in the rooms!!! The Horseshoe is okay, but nothing compares to the Sheraton. I LOVE the rooms, they are beautiful!! There may be some old carpet, and maybe a little dust, but everything else makes up for that. The hot tub/ whirlpool bath is wonderful. I used it after a long run, and it was so relaxing. The casino has the best dealers-especially Robert and Bryon. They are the best!!! The servers were really friendly, accurate, fast, and I mean REALLY fast. I had to tell our server to slow down, or I was going to get REAL drunk!!! The Steakhouse is delicious, and the servers are nice, and made our meal enjoyable. Even the ladies at the check-in desk kept my room key while I went for a run. You can't beat that kind of service. Going back in December and can't wait!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family