“Needs Remodeling”

Tunica Roadhouse Casino & Hotel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Have stayed here over the years, and though the public areas have been refreshed, the rooms are in desperate need of a remodel. The food in the restaurant continues to be good, and the staff is cordial.

Room Tip: High floors are quieter
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed July 23, 2014

This place is in desperate need of some "tender loving care". It really needs some updating and a very thorough cleaning of the entire resort. Food was so-so. All of the staff were friendly. Not much to do besides gamble here and at two other casinos in walking distance.

2  Thank unknowndiner
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I really like staying here !!! I had stayed here once before & they did not disappoint this time either I stayed on the 5th floor & it was SO quite. the room was like a suite, with every room having a jacuzzi tub & a very nice shower stall & a seperate commode room which includes a phone so you can conduct business while taking care of your business.
Now for the negatives : they do not have a pool & they charge $12.95/day for WIFI (only since harrahs gaming took over (it used to be free before) And If you want to eat at a buffet you have to go either next door to the Horseshoe or over to Gold strike. But considering Harrahs own the Horseshoe also Tunica Roadhouse can give you a Buffet voucher for The horseshoe..

Room Tip: I've never had a bad room, So any should be just fine
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank beachbum72324
Reviewed July 15, 2014

we stayed at the Horseshoe but the slots were so tight that we went next door to thr roadhouse and the casino was much more enjoyable and we actually won a few jackpots there.and the three card poker table was a delight.The dealers were so friendly and seemed interested in making sure we had some laughs.Next time i will get a room there

2  Thank blazin7s
Reviewed July 14, 2014

My husband and I traveled to this hotel to celebrate our 22nd wedding anniversary. I am a member of their rewards program and did not have to pay the $125 per night advertised. Thank
GOD for the lower rate. It was not even worth that amount. We have stayed in this hotel in the past and it was nice. You can clearly see that it is on a downhill spiral. Our room was 221. While walking to our room , we could see big stains throughout the hallways carpeting. Once inside I was greeted by stained and burned carpet. furniture with marks, crumbs on the dresser, cereal and paper behind the table, and wallpaper that was about to fall. We were told that their Wi-Fi charge was 12.95 for each device we had. the number of free channels on the television was limited. The large bath area , shower, and room size was the only good in this trip. Worst anniversary trip ever. .

1  Thank Petrocelli1991
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We are locals who chose to stay at Roadhouse for our 6 year Anniversary. We had never stayed there before. I was worried bc other reviews said the jacuzzi was not that big. WRONG! I'm a plus size gal and my husband and I fit very comfortably in the jacuzzi. It was AWESOME. I went just for that jacuzzi and was not let down. The bathroom was really clean and very spacious. I mean so much bigger than any bathroom I've ever had at a Hotel. Bigger than Horseshoe's. The glass shower door and glass separating the bathroom from the bedroom was classy and undeniably romantic. Plus there were mirrors around the jacuzzi. Made the room seem even bigger. The water pressure was strong in the shower and the water came out scalding hot. I hate having to wait on water to get warm. The bed was more comfy than my bed at home! Lots of pillows was a huge plus too. The carpet in the hall had some stains but for the awesomeness of the room and the great price I gladly overlooked it. We had a fridge in the room which we packed with snacks and drinks which helped alleviate our meal costs.The casino was never packed which we preferred. Plus Horseshoe lets you use their pool and gym which was cool. They are a sister casino so you can use their amenities. HUGE PLUS! We stayed for $85 a night. You can't beat that esp when you have a jacuzzi in your room and access to the pool at Horseshoe. We REALLY LOVED OUR STAY! OH...go to Goldstrike for the breakfast buffet($10.99)-and so worth it! and Horseshoe for lunch buffet ($14.99). Dont pay for the dinner buffet($24.99!!!!)...huge rip off. Dinner has the same food? (The BBQ was great.) For dinner we would hit up Subway or Wendy's or Sonic and save SO much on dinner by not paying dinner buffet prices. There was a place called smokey joes bbq(i think?)that served XL pizza for $11. The guy was really nice. Pizza was surprisingly pretty good. They are just down the street. And check out the outlet shops. Good deals! :)

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leigh F
Reviewed July 6, 2014

My husband and I went to Tunica for two days and was planning on staying at the Roadhouse. Since my rooms were comped, I thought I would try the Roadhouse. I usually stay at Horseshoe. The front desk attendants were quick and efficient. I asked for a room with a view, but they said none of their rooms have views. We were in room 120 (first floor). The bathroom is large and clean, the toilet facility is in a room by itself, and the shower is nice also. It was a nice glass bathroom, which you can see into from you bed. It's okay for couples, but I wouldn't want to be in this room with a girlfriend. She could see me shower from the bed - since it is all glass. The room was okay, but dark and dreary. No safe available. There was a hot tub in the room, which I probably would not have used. My husband wanted to use it for his sore back. I just didn't like the decor, smell of the room or location. It was old furniture, curtains looked old and when I opened the curtains, I was looking at employees walking by.

I went over to Horseshoe and asked if they had any rooms available. Only smoking was available, and since we don't smoke this could be a challenge. I tried out the room before I committed to the move, and it smelled better than the Roadhouse room.

I enjoyed my stay at Horseshoe and cannot recommend Roadhouse at all.

Room Tip: Maybe try a room on upper floors.
1  Thank rovingreporter13