“Hotel”

Tunica Roadhouse Casino & Hotel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 15, 2008

I have stayed there twice this year and enjoyed the 1st time more than the 2nd. I was very pleased the 1st time I stayed b/c it was it was very clean and had a nice feel to it. The bathroom had a choice of a stand up shower or the romantic tub in the main room.
Which everything was very clean and shined.I got the room I had requested non-smoking.The reason I mention that is bc the second time I had also requested a non-smoking room they claimed they were out even when I checked in early. So I dealt with it until I entered and saw how dirty everything was. The mirror in the bathroom didn't look like it had been cleaned or the tub. The tv screen was cleaned with what looked like pledge. Just the whole room looked barely cleaned. And I am the type of person that puts a don't bother sign for the entire stay. I can dirty it myself. They did switch me to another room with no problem, but within 10 minutes they claimed they did have non-smoking. So I don't know if they lied when I checked in. Oh well it did work out. So I would come back bc they were helpful when I did have a problem.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Write a ReviewReviews (1,172)

Reviewed July 9, 2008

We planned a 700 mile motorcycle trip to Tunica because we heard of the really nice rooms at the Sheraton and the $3.00 Blackjack tables. We are very new to gambling and thought these tables would be a fun and an inexpensive way to get our feet wet. We could have stayed at any of the surrounding hotels for at least $60.00 cheaper but heard how nice the Sheraton was. Not so much!!! Rooms were dirty and in desperate need of a renovation. Only had one $3.00 table open and it was always full..we could never get a seat. Horseshoe next door was much cleaner and also stopped us to give us a free comp for the buffet (40.00 value). Upon departure we told the desk clerk of our disappointment, but she really didn't care. We will go back but will not stay at the Sheraton. Pick the Horseshoe or Gold Coast...much nicer and cleaner....and just more into customer satisfaction....

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kittykat1958
Reviewed July 1, 2008

Decided to travel to Tunica for a short trip, of course there was no doubt that we would stay at Sheraton as we love it there. The rooms are great, clean, beds are comfortable and the staff is more than accommodating. Everyone you come in contact with at the hotel are pleasant and have a smile on their face. Harrah's should be proud of gaining such a great staff. The casino is not our favorite in Tunica (the Horseshoe is) but the hotel sure has our vote. Anyway, got there early, about 11 AM and knowing that check in is not until 4, we decided to stop by just to see if our room was ready. The nice lady at check in said it was not but that she would note we were in the area and to check back in a couple of hours. Went back at 2 and sure enough our room was ready. Our stay was comfortable and we will go back.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank realtor99
Reviewed April 8, 2008

From the moment of arrival I knew this was going to be a great stay. The check in area was a comfortable chair seated at a desk. No standing and waiting. Quick and comfortable. Then the bell staff was more than great, getting our things from the car to the room. Then the room. Well, it was fantastic. A suite with hugh jet tub bath in the middle of the room. Giant bathroom with double sinks and a stand alone shower and a separate tiolet room with a door.
The bed was like sleeping on a cloud. I didn't want to get out of bed. I will stay here again and again. Couldn't find one thing wrong with anything.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Darbaby
Reviewed March 1, 2008

The Sheraton is located next two two other casinos, the Horsehoe and Gold Strike. The buffet was not great and for breakfast buffet you had to walk next door to the Horseshoe, which wasn't a big deal. But the Sheraton is the best place to stay. Been to Vegas and this room for the price was tops. A jacquzzi in the room with large separate bathroom was outstanding. The bed was really comfortable. I wanted to take it home. The staff was incredibly friendly. If you want to gamble, Tunica is fine. Don't be mislead, neither the Sheraton or Tunica casinos rival Vegas and there is little name entertainment. But ii is a slower paced experience. It is some of Vegas with southern hospitality. I would definitely stay there again. It is so close to Memphis you can stay here and drive to the various Memphis sights and then spend the night at the Sheraton. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WallyB47
Reviewed March 1, 2008

Saw the earlier reviews and thought I'd give it a try as I go to Tunica periodically, especially Harrah's properties as I'm a Seven Stars Member. The Valet staff was fantastic, much more attentive than both the Horseshoe & Grand. Check in was smooth, no delays. The room was much as you'll see elsewhere in Tunica . . . nothing special. The room appeared moderately clean until I dropped my wallet and looked under the bed, which hadn't seen a vacuum cleaner nozzle in years. Then I started noticing other things like the thick crust of dust on every lamp shade and atop other furnishings and the lack of cleanliness in the jacuzzi tub . . . which brings me to my next point, on each of the three nights I stayed, the sound of the jacuzzi as well those in it could be heard at various hours of the overnight and morning hours! Not a pleasant experience.
As for service, do not go to the small shop by the valet doors, all three staff I interacted with there were the most unfriendly, rudest individuals I've encountered on any trip to Tunica. Room service was good, prompt and very polite. The staff at the steakhouse were very nice but service was shotty at best, my waiter was polite but virtually avoided my table and served me ice cold red wine. When I brought it to his attention, he stated that it was an ongoing problem, doesn't seem that hard to fix. If you want a great steak dinner with superb service, go to LB's over at the Grand!!!
On to the casino, very very dirty, one of the worst in Tunica. Please keep in mind, it was also one of the loosest I've experienced in the area. Guess with that, I'll take the good with the bad. Hosts were non-existant, but all Harrah's Tunica hosts suffer by comparison to other Harrah's properties.
To sum up, I would never pay for a room at the Sheraton. A comp is only if you know what you're getting into and definitely don't have high standards as I did from the prior reviews. I refuse to believe the current ranking as # 1 or #2 in the area.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled solo
2  Thank lsvillekyguy
Reviewed February 24, 2008

Where do I start? My boyfriend and I stayed here over President's Day weekend. We were in the process of moving cross-country from California to North Carolina and looking forward to stopping and staying here for a few days. We were checked in very quickly, but I can't say the staff was very pleasant...though we didn't care, we just wanted to get settled and relax. Got into the room...the bed had crumbs on it and there were remnants of streamers hanging from the ceiling...still no complaints, we were just glad to be out of the car.

Since it was the day after Valentine's we wanted to have a good steak dinner. We decided to go next door to the Horsheshoe and got right in (with COMPS!!!).

The next morning I went down for coffee and the cinnamon bun shop was out of milk??? Whatever, still no complaints. We went over the the Starbucks at the Horsheshoe, then to the Customer Service desk where the nice gentleman comped us for the Champagne Brunch (Score: Sheraton 0, Horseshoe 2)! Later, while gambling, a Horseshoe employee came up to my boyfriend, asked his identity, then handed him another comp for the buffet for two (which we used the next day).

After a little bit of gambling, we wanted a nice dinner and decided to try the on-site steakhouse, at the Sheraton. They were booked until 9:15pm. We then decided to rent a movie in our room and order room service, instead. First, the "on demand" movie service didn't work so we called maintenance and they sent up a very nice gentleman to fix it. He couldn't, so no movie for us (they had no other available rooms to move us to, so we were stuck). Room service arrived...1 1/2 hours later and didn't even deliver what we ordered! I then tried calling the "24-hour on-duty Manager" and got no answer. Called the front desk and they transferred me to a floor manager who asked "What do you want me to do?" Well, if I have to ask, then you should be fired! We stayed, only because we DID NOT want to get back in the car and keep on driving and it was Valentine's day. We ended up spending over $500 to stay at this hotel for 3 days!!! The beds were very comfortable, the rooms were nice, but the room was dirty and the service was terrible. What a mess and WHAT A RIP-OFF!!!

On our last night there, we went back to the Horseshoe to gamble and got separated from my boyfriend. One of the security guards walked around with me for 45 minutes to help me find him...is that service or what?

I would recommend to stay at the Horseshoe. The facilities are nicer, they have a Starbucks on-site, nicer restaurants, nicer staff, and are very generous with their comps.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank jmsal