“Sheraton was like heaven”

Tunica Roadhouse Casino & Hotel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chesterton, IN
“Sheraton was like heaven”
Reviewed April 8, 2008

From the moment of arrival I knew this was going to be a great stay. The check in area was a comfortable chair seated at a desk. No standing and waiting. Quick and comfortable. Then the bell staff was more than great, getting our things from the car to the room. Then the room. Well, it was fantastic. A suite with hugh jet tub bath in the middle of the room. Giant bathroom with double sinks and a stand alone shower and a separate tiolet room with a door.
The bed was like sleeping on a cloud. I didn't want to get out of bed. I will stay here again and again. Couldn't find one thing wrong with anything.

• Liked — The room was the best.
  • Disliked — Room service food could have been better.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank Darbaby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Culpeper, VA
Reviewed March 1, 2008

The Sheraton is located next two two other casinos, the Horsehoe and Gold Strike. The buffet was not great and for breakfast buffet you had to walk next door to the Horseshoe, which wasn't a big deal. But the Sheraton is the best place to stay. Been to Vegas and this room for the price was tops. A jacquzzi in the room with large separate bathroom was outstanding. The bed was really comfortable. I wanted to take it home. The staff was incredibly friendly. If you want to gamble, Tunica is fine. Don't be mislead, neither the Sheraton or Tunica casinos rival Vegas and there is little name entertainment. But ii is a slower paced experience. It is some of Vegas with southern hospitality. I would definitely stay there again. It is so close to Memphis you can stay here and drive to the various Memphis sights and then spend the night at the Sheraton. I highly recommend it.

• Liked — The value of the room
  • Disliked — Buffet
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WallyB47
Louisville, KY
Reviewed March 1, 2008

Saw the earlier reviews and thought I'd give it a try as I go to Tunica periodically, especially Harrah's properties as I'm a Seven Stars Member. The Valet staff was fantastic, much more attentive than both the Horseshoe & Grand. Check in was smooth, no delays. The room was much as you'll see elsewhere in Tunica . . . nothing special. The room appeared moderately clean until I dropped my wallet and looked under the bed, which hadn't seen a vacuum cleaner nozzle in years. Then I started noticing other things like the thick crust of dust on every lamp shade and atop other furnishings and the lack of cleanliness in the jacuzzi tub . . . which brings me to my next point, on each of the three nights I stayed, the sound of the jacuzzi as well those in it could be heard at various hours of the overnight and morning hours! Not a pleasant experience.
As for service, do not go to the small shop by the valet doors, all three staff I interacted with there were the most unfriendly, rudest individuals I've encountered on any trip to Tunica. Room service was good, prompt and very polite. The staff at the steakhouse were very nice but service was shotty at best, my waiter was polite but virtually avoided my table and served me ice cold red wine. When I brought it to his attention, he stated that it was an ongoing problem, doesn't seem that hard to fix. If you want a great steak dinner with superb service, go to LB's over at the Grand!!!
On to the casino, very very dirty, one of the worst in Tunica. Please keep in mind, it was also one of the loosest I've experienced in the area. Guess with that, I'll take the good with the bad. Hosts were non-existant, but all Harrah's Tunica hosts suffer by comparison to other Harrah's properties.
To sum up, I would never pay for a room at the Sheraton. A comp is only if you know what you're getting into and definitely don't have high standards as I did from the prior reviews. I refuse to believe the current ranking as # 1 or #2 in the area.

• Liked — The valet / gift shop staff, and the loose slots!
  • Disliked — The items found under the bed . . . yuck!
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
2 Thank lsvillekyguy
Carmel, California
Reviewed February 24, 2008

Where do I start? My boyfriend and I stayed here over President's Day weekend. We were in the process of moving cross-country from California to North Carolina and looking forward to stopping and staying here for a few days. We were checked in very quickly, but I can't say the staff was very pleasant...though we didn't care, we just wanted to get settled and relax. Got into the room...the bed had crumbs on it and there were remnants of streamers hanging from the ceiling...still no complaints, we were just glad to be out of the car.

Since it was the day after Valentine's we wanted to have a good steak dinner. We decided to go next door to the Horsheshoe and got right in (with COMPS!!!).

The next morning I went down for coffee and the cinnamon bun shop was out of milk??? Whatever, still no complaints. We went over the the Starbucks at the Horsheshoe, then to the Customer Service desk where the nice gentleman comped us for the Champagne Brunch (Score: Sheraton 0, Horseshoe 2)! Later, while gambling, a Horseshoe employee came up to my boyfriend, asked his identity, then handed him another comp for the buffet for two (which we used the next day).

After a little bit of gambling, we wanted a nice dinner and decided to try the on-site steakhouse, at the Sheraton. They were booked until 9:15pm. We then decided to rent a movie in our room and order room service, instead. First, the "on demand" movie service didn't work so we called maintenance and they sent up a very nice gentleman to fix it. He couldn't, so no movie for us (they had no other available rooms to move us to, so we were stuck). Room service arrived...1 1/2 hours later and didn't even deliver what we ordered! I then tried calling the "24-hour on-duty Manager" and got no answer. Called the front desk and they transferred me to a floor manager who asked "What do you want me to do?" Well, if I have to ask, then you should be fired! We stayed, only because we DID NOT want to get back in the car and keep on driving and it was Valentine's day. We ended up spending over $500 to stay at this hotel for 3 days!!! The beds were very comfortable, the rooms were nice, but the room was dirty and the service was terrible. What a mess and WHAT A RIP-OFF!!!

On our last night there, we went back to the Horseshoe to gamble and got separated from my boyfriend. One of the security guards walked around with me for 45 minutes to help me find him...is that service or what?

I would recommend to stay at the Horseshoe. The facilities are nicer, they have a Starbucks on-site, nicer restaurants, nicer staff, and are very generous with their comps.

• Liked — Co-located with other Casinos
  • Disliked — Customer Service
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jmsal
Moore, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 22, 2008

Checked in promptly at 4 p.m. Was surprised to be given a room on the first floor. In the past, there was never one available. The room was comped. Entered the room and wow ... ladybugs in every corner of the ceiling above the bed and jacuzzi tub.

Went back to check in was given another room on the first floor. Could not get them to come and take a look or send maintenance or housekeeping to take a look. I had the feeling they knew they were in the room and thought, "maybe she won't mind" ... well I did. I'm not afraid of them, but I don't want to co-habitate with them in a hotel room.

Next room had them on the ceiling and in the chair and on the table.

Moved to the second floor. Yep there they were.

This time, there were none, but I was sooooo uncomfortable I didn't sleep well at all.

Needless to say, comp or pay, I won't be visiting the Sheraton in Tunica again!

• Liked — N/A
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed January 2008
1 Thank TheBuick
Lincoln UK
Reviewed November 20, 2007

Whilst the Hotel is not that striking from the outside,the Room
is by far the best I have ever stayed in.Having stayed in 100s

Stayed November 2007
3 Thank 3fishlock
Orlando, FL
Reviewed November 13, 2007

OK, OK I know.. Jacuzzi in the rooms; it's totally cheeseball but really thats what puts this place over the top for us. Rooms are really spacious and the bathrooms are really nice. There are a couple spots where you can tell the Sheraton is showing a little bit of age but you never feel like you're at a Holiday Inn or something like that. Not really much to speak of in terms of view but it is also close to 2 other casinos (Gold Strike and Horseshoe, within walking distance) in a place where the casinos are really spread out. Also was a short drive (20-30 mins) to Graceland which was our initial destination (and was also really cheeseball, but again, thats the whole point). Fun, Safe, Clean and overall great place to stay and would love to return again. We even won money in the casino!

• Liked — Jacuzzi
  • Disliked — They were doing some minor construction but no biggie
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple