“Okay, so I tried them again!”

Tunica Roadhouse Casino & Hotel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 31, 2011

No ladybugs this time! The room was rather worn/tired; however it was very very clean. I am really not that hard to please but I have attached some pictures of the shower. I know Harrahs can do better than this. I am a big supporter of their other properties. I have stayed at their properties in Bossier City, Tunica (other ones), Vegas, Tahoe, Reno...this is too much. I'm beginning to think that I just need to stay away from this one.

Customer service was awesome both at the check in and in the casino. The Big Kitchen buffet has improved in a BIGGGG way! They have an excellent seafood buffet as well as what I will call just a non-specialty buffet night.

I love their casino, especially the VP. I truly believe the Roadhouse has the best VP in Tunica.

The pictures I am attaching are by no means the fault of housekeeping. The Housekeeping staff needs a big raise for making crappy as servicable as possible!!!

I would only recommend this particular property after some serious room renovations.

• Stayed: March 2011
10  Thank TheBuick
Write a ReviewReviews (1,209)

Reviewed March 19, 2011

Very Nice and romantic rooms. Large Jacuzzi Tub in room. Refrigerator, safe, coffee, iron. Our only ? was the glass bathroom, not the height of privacy, but was clean and nice.
The Casino is the place to go if you want to gamble in a quiet place, low stakes. Next door at the horse shoe or gold strike are the livelier crowds. Best Buffet and restaurants are at the Gold Strike.

6  Thank chiett
Reviewed March 18, 2011

We stayed at the Roadhouse in Tunica on our honeymoon. I would not say that this is a gambling hotel. We weren't there to gamble, so it was ok, but if you go for that you'll be disappointed. The better casinos are in the neighboring hotels.

We checked in the late evening on a cold Sunday. We were greated by a security guard at the casino entrance who told us that we needed to walk around outside because the hotel entrance was on the other side of the casino floor. Above her head was a large lighted sign that said hotel check-in with an arrow pointing. It was frustrating because the security guard was rude and didn't want us to carry about bags through the casino. Ok fine, but the casino was pretty dead and most of the slots had been taken out.

We got to the check in desk, which isn't very well marked and not what you'd expect, and the lady at the desk, ignored us for about 3 minutes while she was on the computer, facebook or the like I'm sure, then she mumbled through the check in process, never welcomed us to the hotel, or even looked up from the computer for that matter. We specifically asked for a non-smoking room, and we were clearly sent to a smoking room. I've never been in a Non-smoking room with ash trays. The room was clean and didn't smell bad, so we stayed. The room was large and luxurious.

The room was awesome. That was the best part of our stay. The price was very cheap I thought, only about $75 for two nights. I would go back for that price, but the service is horrible. The nicest people are the casino guards. Except for the first lady we met!

6  Thank LadyThriller
Reviewed March 14, 2011

I stayed on a $110 special that included a room and a $75 dining credit. My wife and I each ate prime rib and a potato at the Range Steakhouse, and she also got the Creme' Bruele, which was fantastic. We still had enough dining credit left over to eat the breakfast buffet next door at Horseshoe the next morning, with some credit left unused. All the food was fantastic.

We had a first floor room, and I was worried it might be noisy, but it was not. Our room was clean except the shower, which looked kind of nasty. We both used the jacuzzi anyway, so that was no problem for us. The jacuzzi was very clean and in excellent working order. The bed was an extremely comfortable king sized bed. I will say that the cable selections were a little lacking on the tv, but for $35 for a room, who can complain?

The gaming was decent. We both played video poker for about 2 hours, and the hostess was very quick with drink orders. We each lost our money, but we go in expecting the worst and hoping for the best! :-)

At checkout, the service was excellent as the clerk made an extra effort to ensure that our bill was correct since we were using an internet promotion. She was extremely friendly, and made the process very easy for us.

My wife and I have both agreed we are definitely coming back to Roadhouse in the future!

8  Thank ktfulmer
Reviewed March 6, 2011

We made reservation with Ceasar's Host and was given a good deal for stay. I later called back and advised the Host that there were some poor reviews on Trip Advisor and was concerned with getting "run down" accomodations and was considering cancelling. I was told rooms were upgraded and she would request one for us and thanked us for keeping the reservation. When checking in NO help offered by the two apparently lazy Bellmen, no offer of luggege carts eventhough they saw our group struggling with luggage. I later saw luggage carts during the stay in a closet at the entrance???
The lady at front desk said no remodeled rooms were available as all they were all the same. Fairly dismissive attitude. Hallway carpet very dusty and dirty. Room carpet worn and dirty. Ceiling paint drops on wallpapered walls, Some of Furniture is worn. Bathroom was nice. Walls are very thin as you could hear person in room next door coughing.
Most workers say hello but appear very apethetic. Casino staff not at all friendly. They are rude. We had trouble with the $12.95 Internet during our stay and left message for Asst Manger and never received a call back. NOT UP TO Harrah's Standard !

5  Thank warriors78
Reviewed March 5, 2011

My husband and I, along with 2 of our friends, went to Tunica last weekend. We actually stayed at a different nearby casino, but decided to play at the Roadhouse. The gaming is great for anyone who doesn't want to gamble big bucks, and the dealers were wonderful to play with, especially since we had never gambled at tables before. The workers at the Roadhouse were extremely friendly, and it was a very comfortable atmoshphere, especially for a first-timer. However, we decided to eat at The Range Steakhouse on a Saturday night. That was a BIG MISTAKE!! We sat down about 8:30/9:00. Our server was pleasant. It seemed to take a few minutes to get our drinks, especially since it was a little slow in the restaurant. We ordered our food, and about 45 minutes later our server came by and told us we were "waiting on the pork chops," (my order) and it would only be a few more minutes. He said the manager was sending out another round of drinks for the inconvenience. Another 30 minutes went by, and the server again came by and told us we were still waiting on the pork chops! I told him to go on and bring out everyone else's food. This was not fair to the rest of our party to have to wait. The manager had not come by, the server had not offered any explanation as to why there was such a hold up, and when asked, we kept being told it would "just be a few more minutes." The server brought out everyone else's food. They didn't even offer to bring me an appetizer during this hour and a half wait. After a few minutes of watching other people eating!!... I decided to take a trip to the kitchen. I was stopped by our server who called me 'Sweetie', and gave me the same story... 'just a few more minutes.' I told him i was headed into the kitchen to find out why my food wasn't cooked and in front of me. He FINALLY told me that the kitchen failed to tell him that the pork chops were not thawed out, and the manager was going to 'take care of everyone's tickets' and be out to speak with me momentarily. Momentarily turned out to be another 15 minutes. And when the manager DID come by, he came to the table making jokes about someone not having their food, and didn't even make eye contact with me. I had to ask him 4 times why no one even came to tell me what was going on and why they didn't offer to take a different order. His only explanation was that he didn't realize I would order something else and that they 'just messed up.' It was at this time the server brought me my meal... and at this point every one was done eating. He gave me a comp for $50, and I double checked to make sure he was still taking care of all of the tickets. He had this look on his face that he didn't know what I was talking about. I told him he WAS going to take care of the tickets because that was what the server TOLD me was going to happen.
I was too upset to even eat at his point, so they put the food in a to-go box. My husband and I walked back to The Gold Strike where we were staying, and when I opened up the box, they had set the pork chops on top of the mashed potatos, leaving the fried pork chops soggy. The food was NOT good... It's very over priced. Even at a 'regular' restaurant, you get more than one side item and pay WAY less. There was not a lot to choose from for entrees. I was DISGUSTED at the quality of food, and the service.
Do yourself a favor.... Go to the other casino's and buy the buffets. The Horseshoe has a wonderful buffet with many different types of foods to choose from, and there is something there for everyone. The Gold Strike has a wonderful Sunday brunch buffet. The service at both of these buffets was wonderful. I would recommend staying and eating a different casino... Horseshoe or Gold Strike, but playing at The Roadhouse. The Gold Strike and Horseshoe are all within a short walking distance.
Also, we did take a walk upstairs to the Kitchen Buffet at the Roadhouse... I didn't even want to stab the food with a long stick. YUCK YUCK YUCK.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank cowgirlalana
Reviewed February 15, 2011

My husband and I had made special reservations for valentines day. We made the arrangements 2 weeks ahead of time on line. Long story short, check in too about an hour. Despite my having my confirmation letter and email with my reservation including room rate and specifications, the clerk had no reguard to what i was trying to explain nor would she acknowledge my paper work. Noone mentioned the hotel resturant wasnt open during the week so we had to search for valentines night dinner. The room smelled, the carpet was disgusting, the tv is so old it flickers and the tile shower was well, just gross! The jacuzzi was nothing more than a deep tub with a couple jets that didnt have enought water force to even see! sorry for the spill but, I'm totally appalled at the service and will never go back. Casino?? it was terrible too!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple