“casino only review” 4 of 5 bubbles

Resorts Casino Tunica
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
“casino only review”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

Don't be scared by the remodel. As you can see by name, I play table games. Resorts casino has definitely upgraded those, at least on weekend. I had no trouble getting a blackjack table, dealer was good as well the the floor person. Comps are easy here.

The buffet is still under construction. They have an old fashioned chafing dish type buffet set up. Don't be afraid. It has just the basics, but well executed, and good servers. Your not coming here for gourmet experimentation, just good old southern cooking (with some suprises) done right.

I still can't win a plugged nickel on their slot machines. Overall, I was pleased.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

My wife and I have stayed at the Resorts Hotel and Casino several times over the past few years. In the last year, the service at this location has seriously deteriorated. This month, during a three night stay, they failed to clean our room and we had to call twice and then wait for 30 - 45 minutes until someone showed up to bring us towels and clean up the bathroom. On the casino floor, one of the slot machines took a $70.00 ticket, and when the slot attendant showed up, and dug out my ticket plus another one for $6.47, she told me that the $6.47 ticket was mine. I had to call the floor attendant, and then the casino manager to get my $70.00 reimbursed. Serious customer service issues at this location.

Room Tip: Ask for any upgrade possible, when you check in.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Momike55
Helena, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

Stayed here for two nights the weekend of May 2-4. The casino is small but has all the major games, and the casino is not crowded. Plenty of machines available and a few table games available as well. The payout is what you would expect, casinos are in business to make money. The hotel is under renovation so the food was served in a make-shift dining room. The breakfast was good, cost only $4.99. Dinner, not so good and it was not hot. Someone commented ealier that the fish was hard, they were correct. It was not edible. It is my hope that the new buffet area will come with improvements to the food. The rooms are large, clean, and come with a refrigerator. I was disappointed there was no safe in the rooms. Do not go to the Big Burger, it was horrible.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cynthia H
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at resorts tunica over this past weekend. Room was clean and the shower had great water pressure. Played craps for a good while. Casino hosts were friendly amd gave nice comps. Had a nice tome. Will go back.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ckc5222
Georgia Mountains
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

I stayed one night at Resorts in April, 2014. I had a reservation, but when I arrived 6 minutes after the posted check-in time, I was told my room was not ready. The desk clerk asked me to come back in about 30 minutes. I went in the casino and played a few slots and after 30 minutes went back to the front desk. The clerk was very friendly and had upgraded me to a 2 room suite. Customer satisfaction is what they strive for at Resorts. I couldn't have been more satisfied and only wished I could have stayed more than one night in that beautiful room

The room was large, clean and quiet. The shower/bath had a jacuzzi which was very relaxing after a day of driving. The king bed was very comfortable. The only thing I could have asked for would have been a couple more pillows on the bed. It had 3 small/medium ones.

Thanks to the front desk staff. They have always been friendly and helpful to me. I highly recommend it. Even if I had not been upgraded, the regular rooms are worth the small price.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank Tunicamom
Houlka, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

me and a girlfriend just stayed at Resorts Tunica. The room was clean as was the bathroom. The casino was awesome and we even won quite a bit. The on site café Big Burger was very good (I recommend the philly cheesesteak) We had a blast and cant wait to go back. I usually stay at the Fitz but from now on will stay at Resorts.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Cissy T
Wewoka, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Although we did not stay in the hotel, The Resorts Tunica was one of our stops while exploring all the casinos in the area. The casino is not huge, but had bunches of slots and the table games were cheaper than anywhere we went. We played roulette for a couple of hours on a Tuesday afternoon for a minimum $3 bet. After presenting our players cards, we were entered into hourly drawings for the table games only and also when we were done, were rewarded with two comp buffets good for 24 hours. We came out winners on the roulette table that day which was a plus. The employees are all smiling and friendly, and the cocktail servers were frequent even though our time there was mid-week and during the day.

We returned the following day to have an early dinner at the buffet located upstairs. Although it is not as large as some of the other buffets around, it was well stocked for our early arrival. The servers and chefs were again smiling, friendly and eager to please. They had a small but nice soup and salad bar, a taco bar, hand carved roast beef, turkey and ham, a large selection of hot veggies, multiple selections of potato and rice dishes, chicken fried steak, pork chops, yummy fried chicken and iced down boiled shrimp and oysters. The desert bar was really nice with 3 flavors of ice cream, pies, cakes, cookies, cupcakes and even sugar free selections.

From our positive experience would highly recommend the Resorts Casino to try your luck! Be sure and get a players card because they are very generous with the food comps.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple