“HOTEL SECURITY”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tunica Resorts
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
Reviewed February 20, 2011

i stayed in the hotel on feb 19th 2011 the hotel was very nice and clean the staff was very professional the only problemwith the hotel is that they need securoty because as we were coming back at 2am in the morning from a night of fun we were pulling into the parking lot and were approached by a man taping on ourin a grey hoody wanting us to role the window down i feel he was going to either rob us or try and take the car we managed to get pulled away from him and we got into the hotel but at that time i saw hom trying to gain acces to the inside of the hotel but luckaly he could not get in i just feel that if there was security there that may not have happened so if you are going to stay there just be aware of your surroundings again the staff was very nice and the hotel cleans i just didnt feel safe there.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank otisboy16

Reviewed January 20, 2011

So close to the casino, they not only take the dog, they like the dog. As always crappy pillows, but everyones are. Sparse breakfast, but business was slow, they may have more when they are busier. Clean room, great shower, even temperatures in room, good selection of TV channels. Property in excellant shape.. Would have liked to have seen a better price,, probably wasn't 8 rooms rented either night. They should have offered me a special,, might have stayed another night. Nice staff, liked the idea that the outside doors really locked, you really had to have a key.. We stayed at a Microtel years ago and it was so tiny, we had to climb across bed to move around.. This was just like a normal room,, very nice, free long distance, wifi,,and local calls.. VERY NICE PROPERTY

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Microtel Tunica

I recently spent one night at the Microtel hotel located in Tunica, Mississippi.

The primary reason that this hotel was chosen was due to its policy regarding dogs. They did not have a maximum weight requirement, whereas the other “dog friendly” hotels in the area all had a maximum weight limit of fifteen to twenty pounds. The hotel definitely falls into the budget hotel category – think of a Super 8 at a higher price point.

The front desk staff was very friendly both over the phone and in person. They had no issue with an early check in (on a Friday) when I contacted them to ask about the standard check in time. The lobby area was updated and welcoming.

We had room 105, which was considered to be a suite ($10 more than a standard room). There was one queen bed, a futon (slightly dinged up), coffee table, dining table with two chairs, a window seat, mini refrigerator, microwave and a small sink. The bathroom appeared to have been recently remodeled. The room was well lit and was very clean. It did have an odor that I could not identify. The hotel is surrounded by soybean fields (at least I think that is what the crop was). I assumed the odor was due to the surrounding farm.

There were no issues with sound until late in the night. Around 1:00 AM, the people arrived in the room directly above us. No voices could be heard but the thumping of foot steps could be heard/felt for a short time.

Wireless internet worked fine and had good speeds.

No issues with insects in the room other than one fly and one moth which I am sure we let in the room during our trips in and out.

A gas station with a Subway is located just across the street. The lobby area also sells soda and snacks. We did not try the included continental breakfast. There is very little in the area other than casinos for restaurants. I believe there was a KFC and a Sonic when you first drive in to the Tunica Resorts area it is then a 10 -15 minute drive from that point to the Microtel.

Regarding the Casinos – I overheard the desk clerk telling someone that Sam’s Town had a shuttle service which stopped at this hotel. I did not use it, so I cannot comment on the frequency of service.

Last comment – Watch your speed on the roads in the area. We noticed that the local police use the hotel as a speed trap.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Great hotel! I've stayed at many hotels and I also do marketing for a historic hotel in TN. My wife and I decided to get away for a couple of days and went to Tunica. All the Casino hotels were sold out so we found Microtel (we booked before we left).

Rooms were very clean, friendly and helpful staff when we checked in. My wife loved all the mirrors in the room too (Must be a woman thing). Beds were comfy, hotel also had sodas and candy at the front desk to buy. Also hotel was very quiet. Air worked most the time.

I did ask the hotel staff is there anything to do in Tunica, nothing but the casinos was answered. But that’s all we went for. I’d rate a higher rating if they had more shuttles to other casinos (They have one shuttle to Sam’s). But had a great time a great visit and well needed break.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2010

My husband and I took an overnight getaway for our recent anniversary. We booked this hotel at a great rate on the name your price thread.
We pulled up about 3:30 pm in hopes to get checked and get a nap before our concert later that night,at a local casino. I will say this about the location,I think its great! Im from around the area,but live away now, and it was very convienient for friends to just drop us off right there. Very clean and neat on the outside.
First impression of the lobby was that it too was spotless,and the staff very helpful and friendly. I inquired about an iron and was provided an iron and board right away.
So DH and I get to our room. It was a 2 queen smoking room. Our preference,since we smoke. But it didnt reak of smoke,in my opinion. I took a few snap shots. The first thing I noticed was how clean everything looked,felt and smelled. No dank scents or strange spots on the floor here! And I love the window seat! I think its a great way to use space otherwise not! The furnishings are very simple and minimalistic. 2 beds, 1 chair,pushed into the built in desk. No dresser,but there was a large mirror,and several drawers through out the room. And a handy closet too. Everything has its place in this small room and every bit of "out of the box" space is used. I like that.
The downfall to this hotel is thin walls and a bed that felt like sleeping on a cardboard box to me. I tried to take a nap soon after check in,but our upstairs neighbor was apparently walking an elephant in this pet friendly hotel. So no rest for the weary. However, though our room did not have a coffee pot, 24hr complimentary coffee is provided downstairs. Its SUPER hot,so be warned. The bed was awful!!! Hard,and unforgiving! I was not able to sleep much at all. My DH slept like a log,but I think most of it has to do with him being able to sleep anywhere his head lays. Im not like that,but this bed was probably the hardest Ive ever not slept on!
The stay was pleasant over all though!!! The staff, all the shifts were very freindly and helpful! Clean as a whistle,and easy to get to.
And I will also say,and was suprised to see and USE a free shuttle over to Sam's Town Casino.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2009

This hotel will fool you. It is very clean and I will say that the staff is friendly. Those are the only pros. However, as soon as we got off the elevator to go to our NONsmoking room, the smell of cigarette smoke was overpowering. The nonsmoking and smoking rooms are all in the same area, right next to each other or across the hall from one another. The hotel must not have very good ventilation, because our room smelled of stale smoke the entire time, which lead both of us to having sinus issues. Each time we went into the hallway from our room, it reeked of cigarette smoke in the worst way. The bed and pillows were extremely uncomfortable, more like sleeping on concrete. We tried to check out early, but had issues with priceline refunding our money so decided to tough it out. The breakfast was not well stocked and the room to eat in was very tiny with so many guests trying to get something to eat.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 5, 2008

This is a nice clean motel that is fairly new. The staff is friendly and the rooms are well stocked and have ample storage space. The free wireless internet works great. Good water pressure and quite a/c. The continental breakfast is good. It's much cheaper than the casino hotels which don't have free wifi or continental breakfast. It's very close to Sam's Town and Hollywood Casino. I've stayed here twice and haven't had any problems.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)