“Great stay...”
Review of Chicago Steakhouse

Chicago Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Chicago Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 63 Restaurants in Tunica
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 61
Description: Chicago Steakhouse is the premiere dining destination in Tunica Mississippi. Recipient of the prestigious DiRoNa award, one of only five restaurants in the state of Mississippi. Award of excellence wine list from wine spectator.
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great stay...”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed at the Gold Strike Casino Resort and found it to be a great place for the money. I agree with a couple of the other reviewers who complain about the amount of cigarrette smoke, however it IS a casino so we can't really complain. The staff were great and bent over backwards to assist us in anyway they could. We will most likely stay here again should we return for a vist next year!

• Visited January 2013

Swisher, Iowa, United States
“Way overpriced even for a casino”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I've been to quite a few casino fine restaurants and expect them to be over priced, as most people eating there are comped. So when we made reservations I expected a $100 meal without alcohol.

The steaks were priced around $45 and all sides were extra. I decided to order the special - filet and lobster tail with polenta. I didn't ask how much it would be but expected $60 - $70.

When the bill arrived my special was $89!! Our total bill which included 1 glass of wine was $165 for 2 people and we did not have desert or appetizers.

Ridiculously overpriced.

The food itself was excellent.

The wait staff was average. He rarely checked back with us and couldn't remember what side my husband ordered.

We went in the next night just to have coffee and desert. We sat at the bar. There was no one else at the bar, but it was filled with dirty dishes from previous customers. We sat there for 5-7 minutes and finally the host who seats you came and cleared the dishes for us. The bartender finally came and asked what we wanted. We had to ask for the bar to be wiped down.

We ordered French press and 2 deserts. It took 10 minutes to get our coffee and once again the Host came and asked what we ordered for desert and he went and got it himself. The bartender never came back.

The deserts and coffee were excellent. Over $50 for coffee and desert and NO service.

We didn't leave a tip.

Summary - Great food - but not worth the price and service.

1 Thank Carla E
Conway, Arkansas, United States
“Buffet”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Oh lord, don't go to this one, spend 1/2 and go buy a burger. I loved the casino and hotel, disliked the buffet, in fact I felt bad for the waitress

Visited January 2013
Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AVOID CHICAGO STEAKHOUSE THEY WILL ROB YOU”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We had made reservations for this restaurant for New Years eve back in November, originally I viewed their menu and prices for various steaks, etc. were in the $40 to $50 range. When we arrived on New Years ever we were handed a very small New Years eve menu, only 3 entries to choose from, we had noticed no prices were noted on the menu, however because we wanted a nice dinner for myself and wife, we thought they would at least be in the typical price range. We each had the salad that included just two slices of tomatoes with a few pieces of lettuce. I had the filet (8oz) along with a very small piece of lobster (probably 5 oz), my wife had the crab (again very small serving), along with short ribs (4 small pieces) all of which were 90% fat. I had 2 beers and my wife had 1 Makers Mark bourbon. No appetizers, or dessert. Now for the robbery, we were handed a bill for a WHOPPING $325.00. This did not include tip. Bottom line this was to say the very least a flat out robbery. I guess we made a mistake by not asking the prices, however who would have thought that each of these 3 entries (which again no veggies, potatoes or nothing) just the meat/fish. were $135.00 each. This was extremely upsetting and I would never patronize this facility ever, and I hope that this post keeps others away from this TOTAL RIP OFF facility.

1 Thank travis02
Oxford, Mississippi
“Buffet brunch was simply terrible”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I aren't very regular at Tunica but we spent the night recently and decided we wanted to have Sunday brunch. Years ago the Horseshoe used to have an expensive brunch, but that's history. So we decided on the Sunday brunch at the Gold Strike. The cost was $17.95 per person.

The service was good. The champagne being served was Andre which we didn't partake of. They did have some shrimp, oysters and cracked crab claws. I didn't have any shrimp but would guess they were good. The oysters were fair. The crab really wasn't very good. The salads were okay, but they didn't have blue cheese dressing. As for the rest of the food, yuk. It simply wan't good. I got the guy to cut me a piece of "top round" roast beef and he cut me a big piece. It was so tough and dry that I could barely cut it and literally had to struggle to chew it. I simply could not eat it.

My wife got a couple of desserts. Her cake was so dry she only took part of one bite. She ate a couple of bites of her other dessert. They were not good. Overall the quality of this buffet was lacking, particularly for the price.

We should have been tipped off when we arrived. It was 12:30 and there wasn't a line and there weren't that many people in the buffet. Clearly everyone was over at the Horseshoe or elsewhere getting a decent meal, because it's not to be found at this buffet. We won't be back.