“Buffet brunch was simply terrible”
Review of Chicago Steakhouse

Chicago Steakhouse
Ranked #7 of 65 Restaurants in Tunica
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 61
Description: Chicago Steakhouse is the premiere dining destination in Tunica Mississippi. Recipient of the prestigious DiRoNa award, one of only five restaurants in the state of Mississippi. Award of excellence wine list from wine spectator.
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I aren't very regular at Tunica but we spent the night recently and decided we wanted to have Sunday brunch. Years ago the Horseshoe used to have an expensive brunch, but that's history. So we decided on the Sunday brunch at the Gold Strike. The cost was $17.95 per person.

The service was good. The champagne being served was Andre which we didn't partake of. They did have some shrimp, oysters and cracked crab claws. I didn't have any shrimp but would guess they were good. The oysters were fair. The crab really wasn't very good. The salads were okay, but they didn't have blue cheese dressing. As for the rest of the food, yuk. It simply wan't good. I got the guy to cut me a piece of "top round" roast beef and he cut me a big piece. It was so tough and dry that I could barely cut it and literally had to struggle to chew it. I simply could not eat it.

My wife got a couple of desserts. Her cake was so dry she only took part of one bite. She ate a couple of bites of her other dessert. They were not good. Overall the quality of this buffet was lacking, particularly for the price.

We should have been tipped off when we arrived. It was 12:30 and there wasn't a line and there weren't that many people in the buffet. Clearly everyone was over at the Horseshoe or elsewhere getting a decent meal, because it's not to be found at this buffet. We won't be back.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

If you can handle the inadequat ventillation this is the place for you.....the nearby casinos seem to be able to afford the air but here you will come out smelling like an ashtray!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I recently attended a show at the Gold Strike Casino.The venue was tremendous,very good accoustics,beautiful setting and great seating options.The Gregg Allman show was certainly worth the money,however,the staff at the venue were rude and abbrassive.My wife made the mistake of making one picture which is not allowed,and you would have thought she committed a felony.She knew from the couple beside us that picture taking was frowned upon,but wanted to have a keepsake to take home.Overall,we had a great time at the show and loved the casino and the friendly staff on the casino floor.

1  Thank glynr34
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The layout is full of nice tables, the wait staff ROCKS and the food is SUPERIOR; try the Filet Mignon, nice hunk of aged beef, cooked to perfection!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

When you are tired of gambling or just want a nice dinner, Chicago is the place! The service was great and attentive, the menu full of great choices, and atmosphere wonderful. The ONLY negative I can say is that Foie Gras was on the menu, which I normally dont like to eat places that serve it. Even so, the entire experience is highly recommended!