“Tunica Buffet”

Ranked #6 of 67 Restaurants in Tunica
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Had a great meal at the buffet in the Gold Strike. Like others said, everything is self service including drinks. Food was good and fresh. Price did include beer and wine. My three year old was not charged for dinner. We all enjoyed the diverse selection of food.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Food is good. I think there could have been a few more choices to pick from for $21.99 per person. It reminds me of Old Country Buffet where you have to get everything yourself...biggest difference is the price....

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Ok, so I did this buffet Friday and Saturday night, 1/3 and 1/4 - The first night was crab leg night, the legs where of course buffett style crab legs, not the 10 a lb kind you buy at supermarket (Which is what I call "B" grade or the "A" grade stuff you get at restaurants like Red Lobster or actual 3 star and above. These legs where a good "C" grade leg, if you like crab legs, get ready for your crab coma.... it's self induced and I'm 2 days away from dinner and still woozy lol. I got about 5 plates full, they almost always have great crab up on the table so you don't have to pile up a skyscraper plate full. I did try some sushi the first night, not great stuff. Shrimp was ok though and I usually don't risk that.

Sat night was Lobster night, and I was excited to get there, even if I'd just had Gus's Famous about 6 hrs earlier. So line little longer but I had good company and we where excited to go again. We watched an elderly lady steal napkins and toilet papers out of a cabinet at the restroom across from the buffet. (Seriously stuck this stuff under a coat, into her bag etc. I wasn't even sure I was actually witnessing it until she walked out) Anyway, back to the Lobster. We got to front and paid the lady who ran the rewards station and she said "the person in front of you told us to use their second free buffet on you two, they enjoyed the convo!" so w00t!!! 1/2 price into buffet. Anyway the lobster are what are called Australian lobsters. Smaller and they are frozen after flash cooked than shipped to US. Good stuff, just different (I use them to make lobster dishes) - Well I walked up with a plate and the gentleman dishing out says "One at a time" - Well I'm a yankee who can strip a lobster with just a fork/butter knife in under 3 minutes. I told him "I'll be back in 5 minutes and 5 minutes after that" - he smirked and challenge on!!! I shoveled #1 in (Tail, claws and the knuckles) - than was back in 4 minutes and as he put #2 on plate I said "4 minutes, would have been 3 if I didn't get tripped up by the old dude who decided to stand in aisle and look around" - Well he wasn't smirking now, 5 minutes later I was back for #3 - this time he said "are you really eating them?" and I let him know I was... I than let him know it will be a while longer after this one because the lobsters hadn't actually hit belly yet lol. Over all we had a lot of fun here, the GF was excited that unlike last time we went to that buffet last year, everything this time seemed to be a much better quality. Hopefully I earned a buffet or two cause she gonna force me to go back.

As far as 3 out of 5, I give 5 to great food and buffet was good, not great or excellent, service was good though

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Huge variety, from Indian food, to Asian food, to down-home southern meat-and-three :-). Tender meats, lots of veggie selections, most stuff not too salty, PYO shrimp perfectly cooked to easily pull out of the tails (that's the test). Fresh oysters, but DIRTY... not cleaned or shucked well at all!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I have eaten here in the past, and was pleasantly surprised to find a newly remodeled dining room. It was a weekday dinner and the crowds were minimal. This buffet doesn't have the most choices of the Tunica Casino buffets, but they do have several different ethnic and regional offerings.

A particular pleasure was their oriental food bar which included an opportunity to build your own hibachi grill bowl. You select the pasta, rice and vegetable choices and tell the cook if you want chicken, beef or shrimp added to them. They will also accommodate your request for extra spicy, sweet and sour, etc. I asked for the extra spicy treatment and very pleased, some of the nicest stir fry I've ever had.

The have an omelet and pasta bar where they will prepare a fresh selection with your choice of meat and sauces, and I selected shrimp alfredo, I was terribly disappointed with this dish, the shrimp were tasteless and didn't seem very fresh. The cook did a nice job preparing the dish and put plenty of shrimp into the pasta, but the quality of the shrimp was greatly lacking.

The buffet has a nice selection of desserts, and they do have some sugar-free selections (I'm a diabetic), but the sugar-free choices are not identified. I had to ask one of the bakery assts., which desserts were sugar-free, and I found they had some nice fruit pies and even some birthday-type cakes with icing available.

There is really no service other than when they seat you, and they will come by occasionally to take away your empty dishes. You get your own drinks at a soft drink dispenser area, so this is pretty much a self-service operation.