“Good place. Not fast food”

Blue & White Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 63 Restaurants in Tunica
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Duncan, Oklahoma
“Good place. Not fast food”
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Good food, reasonable prices, nice waiters, neat place. The shrimp I had was as good as could be. So were the greens. The building is 1924 on the outside, 1954 on the inside. Chrome steel and vinyl chairs throughout. Tables of the same character. They have stopped the decor clock as best they could. I liked it. Food a long time cooking.

Visited July 2014

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Good Country Cooking”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We went for lunch and had their lunch buffet. Everything was very good and served hot. The vegetables were especially good. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Will go back when we return to Tunica.

Visited June 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Nostalgic”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I have to confess, it has been more than 35 years since I last ate at the Blue & White Restaurant, and back then, my grandparents were the owners. My brother, sisters, and I were in Tunica on Memorial Day weekend to lay Granddaddy and Mom to rest with the other family members at the cemetery in Tunica, Afterward, together with our spouses and children, we stopped in at the Blue & White for an early dinner. It was not busy when we arrived, although by the time we finished the crowd was beginning to pick up. The staff was quick to pull tables together so 12 of us could be seated. Our server was delightful and attentive, she did an amazing job keeping up with all of us! Between us, we mostly ordered catfish and fried chicken! I'm disappointed to see some of the negative reviews about the food, because no one at our table had any complaints about their meals. We started with two appetizers to share, fried green tomatoes and fried pickles. Both were yummy. I ordered the catfish, fried although it was offered grilled or blackened as well. I liked the green beans, but didn't really care for the coleslaw - it was very heavy on the vinegar and that's not my preference. My husband, brother, and sister had the fried chicken, each of them cleaned the bones! My son broke with the "Southern fried" theme and had a Rueben, which he said was delicious. We all enjoyed the yeast rolls (just like our grandmother made!).

We passed desserts - chocolate, lemon, and coconut pies, the Donut Tower, and bread pudding - around the table. I think the favorite was the chocolate pie, but the coconut was a very close second. The Donut Tower was pretty amazing to look at, and while I didn't sample it, those who did said it was delicious. The bread pudding was only so-so, I didn't taste it, but among the desserts we did share, this one pretty much got a thumbs down.

And, last, but not least, excellent coffee!

We chose to eat in the "Southern fried" theme, but the menu certainly has options that are not fried, and can be healthier choices. I know it will be a long time before we pass through Tunica again, but if we do, I know we will drop in again.

1 Thank TunicaBaby
Benton
“Good southern food.”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I stopped in here on our way back from Southaven on our Harleys on the advice of a friend. It was middle of the afternoon, but there were quite a few customers, most of which appeared to be locals. This is a typical diner complete with the nostalgic decor. Our waitress was sweet and service was great ? We both got the Blue and White patty melt with a side of fresh cut fries. It was all really tasty (and probably very unhealthy) and the portions were sufficient. I would love to go back and try the onion rings and fried green tomatoes.........and many other items. The only thing that bothered me was one of the staff members brought a couple of large floor mats/rugs out, holding them up against his apron, and placed them at the doors. I'm thinking that maybe they had just been cleaned, but nonetheless, if he is working with food in the kitchen, he shouldn't have items like that up around his chest. Hopefully he was getting off duty or maybe he changed his apron before handling food again. It's also possible that he doesn't handle food in the first place, making this concern unwarranted.

1 Thank swarren2
Houston Texas
“Down Home cooking with lots of locals”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We went for breakfast. It was obvious that a lot of locals ate here. I was shocked and surprised tat they allow smoking in the restaurant. I have not seem smoking in a restaurant in a long time, even they they had a designated smoking area. Here it was everywhere. Guess that's a small town thing now. Staff very friendly. I got coffee w/ a spoon already in it. Went to pour sugar from shaker onto my spoon, and it spoon was coated w/ grits.....YUCK! I quickly ordered a new cup of coffee. I think they brought me a different cup, but not sure. It kind of threw me off for the rest of the meal. My husband & I shared the Blue & White big breakfast. We both enjoyed it. They also offer their Blue & White T-shirts, coffee mugs, jiggers for sale (cash only). We purchased an coffee mug and jigger.