“Great lunch, sweet tea and ... smoking!”

Blue & White Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 64 Restaurants in Tunica
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet
ooky57
“Great lunch, sweet tea and ... smoking!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

If driving the Blues Highway from Memphis to New Orleans, this is one of the best places to stop and get real good southern food. Be warned -- you can smoke in this place (!) and it kind of ruins the whole otherwise cool clean look and taste if too many people are puffing.

Chicago, Illinois
“Sweet Potatoes worth the effort”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I will be honest, I was a Yankee looking for what I thought would be "typical southern home cooking". I think the Blue and White fit the bill.
The service was outstanding. We had a gal who was just learning and she did very well. Others encountered were friendly and helpful.
We both opted for the Fried Chicken Buffet. It was different than what I am used to, but very flavorful and moist. The sweet potatoes though - that alone is a reason to go back. I was surprised that they did not have what my family calls "country" (milk-based) gravy for the mashed potatoes, but we survived. Overall it was a good meal.
I agree with a few others, the place could do with some more elbow grease when cleaning. But the fact that they were painting the outside of the building indicates an effort is underway.
If you want a break from the "casino food", this is a good place to stop.

• Visited July 2013
Jonesborough, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Southern Fried Delight”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We made our third trip to the Blue & White in Tunica during a recent trip to Memphis. The old bus stop/diner/Pure Oil Station has been in business as a restaurant for quite a long time and after the first bite, it's not hard to see why. My meal included an appetizer of fried green tomatoes and the Catfish Hoagie and it was outstanding. My husband said his fried chicken was "out of this world". We also enjoyed meeting the owner who was very pleasant. Great southern fried food with a side of nostalgia served here!

Fort Worth TX
“Enjoyable, good food and staff.”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

6-24 We were glad to find a decent place with normal prices after experiencing Casino food. Staff even helped us locate store we wanted to shop at.. I had appetizer of Fried Green Tomatoes. Excellent. and grilled Catfish Hoagy. Husband had Rib plate.
May not of located if not for GPS. Floors needed a better cleaning but was very busy.

Wilmington, Delaware
“Great People Good Food”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Went for breakfast while in Tunica. It was worth the trip. Nice break from the Casinos and good food, ample portions and really nice people. The special donut was the highlight for my wife. This is good "home" cooking in a small town. Will definitely go back if we are anywhere near the area again.

• Visited June 2013

Been to Blue & White Restaurant? Share your experiences!