“Not As Good As It Sounds”

61 Grille Steakhouse
Ranked #40 of 63 Restaurants in Tunica
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Wine and Beer
Description: Steaks. Seafood. Wine Bar. Continue your winning experience with a great meal in an atmosphere of casual elegance and comfort.
Pierron
“Not As Good As It Sounds”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

We had a party of four to celebrate my sister's birthday. I had called and made a reservation since their website said it was recommend to do so. When we arrived we told the hostess we had a reservation, and she called us by name before we told her our name, because she said we were the only reservation they had for the night. The decor is very nice but very dimly light and makes it very hard to read the menu. We all had the Steak and Lobster Special for $19.99 each. They do not allow substitutions on this special at all. When they brought the food out, it look very good, but once we all started to eat it, it wasn't so good. All our steaks were so tough and hard to cut with the steak knife and hard to chew, all our lobsters were over cooked and rubbery, the green beans were almost raw. The only thing good about our experience was our waiter who was so friendly and nice. I now know when a restaurant offers a Steak and Lobster Dinner for that very low price, the food will be of very low quailty.

• Visited May 2014

Dallas, TX
“Nice Restaurant in a Dump of a Casino”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

The wife and I decided to try to the $19.99 steak and lobster special and this place didn't disappoint! The waiter was super friendly and the food was good. The atmosphere was nice as well. It's just in a terrible casino. They should blow up all but the restaurant and start over from there.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Five_Aces_Tx
Saint Louis, Missouri
“A gem hidden away at Resorts Casino”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were in Tunica celebrating our anniversary and decided to try one of the steakhouses. We saw TJ's ad for steak and lobster for $19.99 and decided to give it a try. Sometimes specials can be a letdown-not worth the price but in this case it was great. I would classify the restaurant as casual fine dining. It is decorated very nicely, upper scale but not stuffy. The dress among patrons is definitely casual so don't worry about dressing up. The service was very well done. We were seated and our waitress immediately took our drink orders and brought us a delicious and warm loaf of french bread. The special did not include a salad so I ordered ala carte and got a huge wedge of iceberg lettuce accompanied by slices of cucumber, tomato and hard boiled egg covered in blue cheese dressing and lightly sprinkled with bacon all served on a chilled dish. It was fantastic. Then came the entree. A small but tasty lobster tail displayed on the tail atop a bed of rosemary. This was accompanied by a half lemon in a cheesecloth bag tied with a ribbon. The filet was small but perfectly cooked. The vegetable was green beans that I believe were lightly stir-fried. The baked potato was too large to fit and came on it's own separate plate. I ordered mine with sour cream, husband had butter, loaded was also offered. For $19.99 we got good taste and lovely presentation.

They had a decent if not extensive wine list with reasonable prices for both glasses and bottles. Husband had beer. I ordered coffee after dinner and the waitress said that it was especially packaged for their restaurant. It tasted quite good and I loved the cup and saucer it came in.

Only two cons I can think of- the restaurant did not have a no smoking section. That is a big drawback for us non-smokers and could be a reason to skip this place. There were smokers at the other tables around us. I am not used to that anymore since restaurants at home are all non-smoking. The other thing was the fact that the restaurant apparently shares a wall with the kitchen of the buffet and there was a lot of banging and thumps coming from that direction which sort of spoiled the quiet attraction of the surroundings.

I would definitely give this restaurant my vote. I would like to go back and try some of the other items on the menu to see if everything is as good and as well presented.

• Visited June 2013