“Was good dining experience”

Village Square Buffett
Ranked #4 of 66 Restaurants in Tunica
Cuisines: American, Asian, Italian, Latin
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Located inside the Horseshoe Casino in Tunica
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My girlfriend and I arrived at 9 p.m. on a Wednesday night. There was only one group in line ahead of us, but it still took a few minutes for to be seated. There was a young lady at the cash register who wasn't serving a customer, but she waited about five minutes before moving us through the line. The regular price is $20.99, but was $18.99 each with a rewards card.

Even though we were there late --- they quit seating at 10 p.m. through the week -- the buffet stations were still well stocked and the food was hot. There was a nice mix of foods, and the vast majority of the dishes that we tried were good to excellent. All of the meat options were good, and there was a really solid mix of vegetables offered.

The dessert bar had a great mix of options, from pies to brownies, cookies to ice cream. All the standard fare, and everything we tried was good.

Our waitress was very attentive and friendly. She brought refills without being asked, and was there as we finished our main courses and was heading to the dessert bar to see if we wanted to switch what we were drinking, offering coffee and milk to go with the desserts. It was very good service with a smile.

For the money, it was solid value. I'd recommend it, and we'll be going back on our next trip.

1  Thank MICommish

Reviewed November 4, 2013

On Oct 25th, I decided to go to the Horseshoe for their legendary Village Square Buffet. Horseshoe's buffet has every seafood you can think of under the sun, but there are some flaws that I would like to note. Regarding crab legs, for a $25.99/person buffet, I expect to get my own crab legs and not be served. There are chefs that put them on your plate. I think Harrah's seafood buffet is set up in the same way. Also, there were some foods that were hot and some that were a little warm. There is so much food here (Tunica Resorts's most variety) that I don't think they can really keep track of keeping everything in order. The service however is phenomenal. My favorites stations were China Town and Rio Grande (seafood but on other days it is themed Mexican). My favorite dish from the buffet were the Casino Oysters. I would visit again...only with a coupon...But trust me, I left full and satisfied.

1  Thank SouthsTraveler777
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I don't know if it was a bad day for the employee's but most of them had an attitude.

When my husband and I arrived we stood in line and when the young lady acknowledge us she told he to stand next to the wall. After she took our drink order we went to stand in the doorway to the restaurant another lady yelled back to stay there and she would seat us. When we talked to her we might have well talked to the wall. She told us to follow her and she proceeded to seat us and another woman. She placed our silverware down and we assumed that was where we was suppose to sit. I worked with the public all my working days in rest homes, hospitals and communications in the police department so I do know how to be cordial and polite to treat people if she had a bad day she should not be there there are a lot of people in need of jobs.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I ate early on a friday night before it got busy which was a good idea. The fish selections were good the stuffed crab hard as a rock and uncracked crab-legs so- so all in all a lot of good choices and decent wait staff. great gumbo

1  Thank marymark059
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I can't say it was the food that made my wife sick all night after eating at this restaurant but the fish and shrimp were room temperature without ice under them.