“Late-night mistake.”

Range Steakhouse and Bar
Ranked #46 of 66 Restaurants in Tunica
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Having had an early buffet lunch, we were looking for a sandwich or burger to take up to our room for a late-night snack. The Range Steakhouse opposite the reception looked intriguing, so we stopped in and ordered from the "two eat for $20" special menu. We got a Blooming Onion and two of the Bacon Cheeseburgers with fries.

Service was good, wait time was reasonable, layout and atmosphere in the restaurant was nice. Unfortunately however the food was terrible.

The Onion batter had no texture and almost no flavor apart from a slight peppery and greasy aftertaste. My wife who can normally eat a blooming onion to herself, took one bite ... said "No" and moved on to her burger.

The burgers were even worse. A huge chunk of meat with no seasoning between two pieces of Texas Toast. The following day we ate at the buffet in the Roadhouse and the "Hamburger Steak" that they had on the menu looked and tasted awfully familiar. It was as though The Range Steakhouse had taken the hamburger steaks from the previous days buffet and stuck them on Texas toast and called it good. The fries were the pre-frozen waffle fries. For a Steak House .. I would have expected a little effort to have gone into the food, maybe try searing the burgers a little, how about cutting your own fries ? As $10 burgers go .. this really was the worst I had ever eaten.

Not one good thing to say about the food I'm afraid. Maybe it was because we had burgers in a steakhouse. I'm not sure what it was .. it is a shame as I do love The Roadhouse Casino and the rooms. But the food is just plain awful. I'm just glad that we didn't find out the hard way (by ordering a $30-40 steak and not being able to eat it)

Reviewed November 17, 2011

October 30, 2011 my wife and I dinned at the Range Steakhouse and located in the Roadhouse Casino and Hotel, Tunica, Mississippi. Albeit the atmosphere is rather sparse, the wait staff is very courteous and prompt. I imbibed on a Yankee Strip Steak (the South’s version of a New York Strip Steak) prepared medium rare accompanied by mashed sweet potatoes with a hint of cinnamon and nutmeg (remember, this is Mississippi and sweet potatoes are a staple here). My wife enjoyed a filet mignon prepared well done (oh yes, she enjoys it that way) along with Roadhouse fries. Our meal was complimented by delicious, fresh, piping hot bread. The portions are generous and cooked to perfection. The prices are extremely modest for the quantity and quality of food.

1  Thank RooBoo

Been to Range Steakhouse and Bar? Share your experiences!