“Enjoyable”

Tunica Queen Riverboat
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My husband and I had been to the Riverpark before but this was our first time on the boat. We did the 2:30pm cruise. They do ask for your picture to be taken which wasn't a big deal. We had it done, knowing that we wouldn't purchase the print. They were sold later on the boat for $10.00. There was no pressure to purchase at all. It was a hot day so I was glad we were amoung the first to board to choose our seats. We sat on the second level under an area that had a bit of shade. There was a breeze which made it quite pleasant. The captain was very interesting we thought. He gave good information on the way out for quite a while and then you just sat back and enoyed the breeze. The trip back was much faster than the trip out, but not unpleasant at all. It's very calm water. Your could view the Fitz and Gold Strike Casinos from the cruise. We live on a river but this was just a nice break from the casinos and we enjoyed the trip. I read a review someone wrote about a coupon for buy one get one free...wish we had thought about that and checked it out! Our trip was just a last minute impurse, however. I believe it was $15.00 per person.

9  Thank snow2day

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I have never been treated worse by anyone in my life. We bought 2 tickets and were boarding when I was physically assaulted by one of the employees. We have been on other ships and were given the option of having our picture taken and I alway decline because of photographobia. I tried that and was grabbed and spun around and told I could not board unless I had my picture taken or walked over 100 yards uphill to sign a waiver form. There were no signs posted anywhere stating such and I had to struggle back to the office with a bad hip and knee. After all that our day was ruined and the trip was very boring as you don't go very fast or far. What a waste of money. I contacted the owners to complain and not only got blown off but they disputed my claim and said it is posted you will have your picture taken. Not true! Bad, bad company. Spend your money at the casinos nearby.

6  Thank bluezlover
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My mother and I took the 1.5hr Sightseeing Cruise on the Tunica Queen Saturday, June 16th. I'd found a Buy-One-Get-One-Free coupon on Ebay that saved us $17.50. So, that was a plus right from the start!

We arrived at the Riverpark a little early so make sure we could get prime upstairs/outdoor seating for the tour. Boarding was a breeze and they even take your picture before you board (which you can purchase later in the cruise for $10.00).

The staff was great and the bartender upstairs mixed a stiff drink! The captain gave some very interesting information about the Mississippi River and the different types of vessels one encounters at the various portions of the river.

With the coupon I felt the tour was an exceptional value and a great way to spend a few hours way from the casinos.

13  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed May 29, 2012

On a recent trip to Memphis, we decided to drive to Tunica. We stopped at the visitors center to see what there was to do in the area. They directed us to the riverboats at Riverpark. Once there, we saw the airboat and decided to do that instead. It's a 30 minute ride on the Mississippi. They took us to different areas of the river and explained various things about the river. We even had a stowaway jump aboard. One of those Asian flying carps jumped in the back of the boat. I'm just glad he didn't land on me. LOL
FYI there's a good chance you will get splashed. We were warned ahead of time. We didn't mind, it was a hot day.

8  Thank ontheroadagain65
Reviewed May 28, 2012

The captain did a good job of describing the history of the river and its impact on the US. The cruise is 1 hour up the river and 30 minutes down. They have a full bar on the river boat and the drinks were good and they were reasonably priced. The port is near the Fitzgerald Casino. Our cruise left at 2:30 pm. I think they also have a dinner cruise. The cruise was a good way to get some sun and get out of the casinos. We enjoyed our cruise.

8  Thank crapsguy

Been to Tunica Queen Riverboat? Share your experiences!