“Dead crickets in bed”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tunica
Bally's Tunica Casino Hotel
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
“Dead crickets in bed”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I was ready to retire for the night and sleep in what I thought would be a warm comfortable bed. As I pulled the sheets back, I observed many dead crickets. While walking on the floor to call the hotel's desk clerk, I saw more dead crickets. The hotel clerk stated, "This hotel is in the middle of a cotton field; so you would expect to have insects. We can spray your room again.

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank spendthenight

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We had free rooms at Balleys. Upon entering our room we noticed all the drawers open and room smelled of insect spray. That was enough for us. We found rooms at another casino. I have been visitng Balley's for years and always enjoyed the casino but on the last visit we were very much upset by the type of people that visited the establishment that day. Upon trying to park in their lot my husband and I were bad- mouthed by visitors who were trying to get the same parking space. We probably will not be revisiting Balley's. Too bad but who needs the hassle.

we found other

Room Tip: Choose another hotel until improvements are met.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carol P

Travelers are raving about these Tunica hotels

Cleveland
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at Bally's 9/9/12 through 9/12/12. It was bad right from the start. They put us in the wrong room to start with and tried to make me feel that I had booked the wrong room. I booked on line I had taken my reservation with me. They finally gave me the right room. When we first entered the hall there was a funny smell in the hall. The carpets were stained with what looked like bleach spots. The room did not have an odor. We unpacked and went to their casino. We played for a while and then went to their Buffet for supper. If you want cold dried up food that was the place to be. The wait staff had more important things to do than take care of the tables they were assigned . One waitress even took the tip off of one table that belonged to another staff and put it in her pocket. We were very disappointed in the Buffet even though it was free with our cards.
We returned back to the room aroung 10p and was going to call home to discover the phone did not work. We were all the way at the back of the hotel and I have breathing problems we use our cell phone to call the front desk to report the phone. They asked if we wanted to have maintance come and fix the phone. We told them no that the next day would be fine. The table and chairs were literally cramed into the corner and there was noway you sit there. There was no room to pull it out and sit due to the refrig and tv console. So the table could only be used to put things on. The beds were not real comfortable but, sleepable. My daughter went to plug in her c-pac machine and the outlet was falling out of the wall and wires were exposed. She found another plug to use and kept the bed pulled away from the wall so as not to jiggle the plug.
We got up the next morning and went gaming. Returned back to the room aroung 9p and the room had only been halfed cleaned. My daughter's bed was not made, coffee pot had not been cleaned, trash had not been emptied and the phone had not been fixed. My daughter called to the front desk with her cell phone and they sent someone to make the bed. We then went to put some soda in the refrig to discover it was not plugged in. To plug in the refrig you had to unplug the lamp or coffee pot.
We went down to check out the next morning and we obviously was interupting a personal conversion between to staff. After standing there for a minute or two I finally spoke up and said we were checking out, they asked us how we liked our stay. So we told them. I have been to Tunica several times and have stayed at several different places. I will never stay another night at Bally's and be treated like I do not know what I am doing. If Bally's continues the way they are heading they will not get return satisified customers and soon wiil be out of business. Spend a couple more dollars and stay where they make you feel like you are their only concern.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Patricia L
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My husband and I arrived in Louisville after a 2 night stay at Bally's. We traveled with Mattingly Tours out of Bardstown, Ky......The hotel hallways smelled like a damp basement. The wallpaper on the hall walls was separating and coming loose. The carpet was stained and looked dirty in the hall and in our room. The furniture was OLD and these room could not have been updated in the past 20 years. The baseboard was missing in some areas. And the best part, we had crickets in our room, yes, one dead on in the bathroom and one that jumped out of our bed this morning. Resorts Casino owns Ballys...they told our tour operator that the rooms were like the ones at the Resorts.....and they had overbooked. Nice little scam they have going at the expense of the guests. NEVER STAY HERE>>>>> I will post pictures of the room, crickets, etc, but sorry, I just couldn't capture the smell!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbus, OH
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Internet advertised price was $24.99. However, the hotel is not connected to the casino. They do offer a shuttle service, which arrives every 10 minutes. The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. They have a nice pool as well. Our only complaint was the fire alarm that went off in the middle of the night. No one was exiting, nor was anyone in the hallway, so this obviously was a false alarm. They do not have a restaurant at the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank CoolOhio
Madison, al
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We received a coupon for a comp room ANY day or the week which is very unusual as comps are usually for Sun-Thurs only not to mention the fact that we have never stayed there before & have gambled very little there in the past. On Thursday, Aug. 2nd, I called to make a reservation for Saturday, Aug. 4th. I was told all the comp rooms were taken for that day. No problem---I made the reservation for the following Saturday, Aug. 11. After a 4 hour drive, we arrived at Bally's to be told we didn't have a reservation. The computer showed we had a reservation for the Thursday I called! No apology was given. After driving to a couple of other hotels---all were sold out---we had dinner & made the 4 hr. trip back home. Never will we ever visit another Bally's hotel or casino again. Teach your reservations people how to use a computer!!! They are one of the few hotels that you have to call to make a reservation. If I could have made the reservation online, I would have had a copy to show as proof.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank CiCi35758
Highland, Michigan
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This hotel is a disgrace to the Bally's name! The wallpaper was peeling, the halls smelled and we had ants in our room. We had booked for 4 nights and left after one, moving to the Gold Strike for the remainder. The casino isn't even connected to the hotel, you have to take a shuttle. Think twice about booking here.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple