“Great place to stay and play!”

Fitz Casino and Hotel
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
Atlanta, GA
“Great place to stay and play!”
Reviewed June 8, 2007

-My wife and I along with my brother and his wife stayed at the "Fitz" the second week in June. Wife and I had a deluxe room and my 'bro had a regular room. There is really not much difference between the two. The Deluxe room has a flat screen TV. Otherwise they are very similar.
-I found the casino table staff very friendly and accommodating. We played blackjack and the dealers were outstanding. I always wonder why people have trouble with dealers. The dealer wants you to win. It isn't their money and if you win, they win. Larger tips and it keeps the table in play. Comps are figured on how long you are at the table and what your average bet is. It behooves the dealer to keep you there. Read winning.
-I have yet to find a casino steakhouse worth the trouble. We always eat one meal at the casino's steakhouse and usually it's no better than Outback, if that. Done with casino steakhouses. The worst casino meal I ever had was at a Las Vegas casino. The cheapest thing on the Japanese restaurant menu was $85. I kid you not!
-Tunica is different in that you have to drive or take the shuttle to some of the other casinos. The Gold Strike, Horseshoe and Sheraton are close together. Sam's Town, Hollywood and Resorts are close together. The Grand is out by itself along with Bally's.
-At checkout I had to deal with the Casino host and Table Games Host. They were excellent. The minor difficulty was worked out and I was very satisfied by their professional demeanor and supurb problem solving skills.
-We plan to go back to the Fitz later this summer. You can't beat the Vegas feel anywhere but in Las Vegas. The Tunica experience is very adequate for some serious gaming, slots or tables.
-Remember, it's not how much you win or loose, it's how long you play and how much you bet.
-Good luck and enjoy the Fitz! You won't be disappointed.

-I would definitely recommend the "Fitz:"

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
6 Thank trvlbuff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Chattanooga, TN
Reviewed March 11, 2007

Fitzerald's was actually better than I expected from reading some of the reviews. I really liked this place and would definetely go back again. The only thing that really was bad at all was that one of the dealer's, Russell, was really rude. What an idiot. I had all five dollar chips and asked him to give me five ones so that I could tip the waitress, which he did. So after a few mintes I asked him to change five of my ones back into a five piece(I made some extra ones, so now I knew I had plenty to tip the waitress with). He said, "Why?" I said, I was like "I don't know," I was stunned at the question and didn't really know what to say, I was planning on using it to play with, now that I had some extra ones to tip with. Then he says, "Well I've got better things to do than change chips for you all night.;" and basically threw the chips back towards me. I just got up and walked away. Other than that, the place was pretty good.

• Liked — Gambling, free drinks
  • Disliked — Russell, the rude dealer!!!
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
5 Thank dustyj
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed March 2, 2007

I always stay at Fitzgeralds Casino, it is off to itself, but there is shuttle transportation to other casinos. They are remodeling some areas now. I stay there about twice a year. The rooms are good and reasonable. I have 98% of the time been able to get a room there. The staff is very friendly.

I am trying to get transportation from the memphis airport to the hotel, but I am not having any luck. I would like to fly in by myself instead of always driving there from Michigan.

Daisy Wilson
dmw711@aol.com

3 Thank damae
Illinois
Reviewed February 23, 2007

I absolutely love this place. We go there at least 5 times a year.. We always receive free rooms, and free buffets.. The one thing I do not like about The Fitz, is that we spend a lot of money there, and sometimes they tell us that we did not play enough to get a free buffet.. It's not the amount of money it's the time spent on one machine.. Go figure? Other then that I look forward to going to the Fitz... We are going this weekend...

• Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank Trpl7771
Scottsboro, AL
Reviewed January 14, 2007

First let me say we love Tunica. We booked rooms here because everyone else was booked (last-minute trip). The rooms were okay, but the personnel at the table games were terrible. We always play the tables and could not get anyone to take our player's card (after two hours). Because we were not given credit for playing the tables, we were charged an outrageous amount for the rooms....and we played around $1000 at the tables. When I spoke with the casino host, he was rude and I was told I should have gotten the attention of the "pit boss." I told him I started waving and yelling at the pit boss after about an hour and a half. He rudely told me would give us a casino discount, but would not "comp the rooms." I didn't ask for a comp....I only asked for a player's club discount. We received the same treatment the next night. Will never go there again. Highly recommend the Gold Strike or Grand casinos...Treated like royalty there instead of a bother.

• Liked — Comfortable bed
  • Disliked — Rude employees at table games
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay at Gold Strike or the Grand
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Karenjbb

Travelers are raving about these Tunica hotels

SOUTHSIDE
Reviewed October 16, 2006

We truly enjoyed our trip to Tunica! The rooms at the Fitz were clean and not to mention the food was excellent. We had two(2) free night stay at the Fitz, and let me tell you we really enjoyed ourselves. We will stay at the Fitz again and again. My suggestions to all of you first timers, try the Fitz you will really enjoy yourself.

• Liked — EVERYTHING WAS FANTASTIC!
  • Disliked — The fitzgerald was absolutely a marvelous place to stay, especially the pool area.
  • Tips/Secrets — n/a
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank HWY78
wisconsin
Reviewed October 1, 2006

We booked two rooms directly three weeks in advance. Because of a sleep illness and allergies, we requested non smoking rooms. The booker said this would be no problem as three hundred room were available. Upon arrival, we were told no non smoking rooms were available. We were also told that only rooms, not room types, could be booked in advance. However, if there were any cancellations, we could get non smoking. If you could not reserve a room type, how could a cancellation result in what you requested? Despite talking to three different "managers", we could get no satisfaction and were made to feel it was our fault. We stayed one night in the room we were given, found the smell unbearable, the furniture torn and the carpets stained. We've never had a worse experience in a hotel. Despite repeated attempts to rectify the situation, management has had not response. They were not only rude, but lied repeatedly to cover their incompetance. Don't stay there!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — not worth it even if free