“Jacksonville Florida friends”

Fitz Casino and Hotel
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
Reviewed October 16, 2006

We truly enjoyed our trip to Tunica! The rooms at the Fitz were clean and not to mention the food was excellent. We had two(2) free night stay at the Fitz, and let me tell you we really enjoyed ourselves. We will stay at the Fitz again and again. My suggestions to all of you first timers, try the Fitz you will really enjoy yourself.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank HWY78

Reviewed October 1, 2006

We booked two rooms directly three weeks in advance. Because of a sleep illness and allergies, we requested non smoking rooms. The booker said this would be no problem as three hundred room were available. Upon arrival, we were told no non smoking rooms were available. We were also told that only rooms, not room types, could be booked in advance. However, if there were any cancellations, we could get non smoking. If you could not reserve a room type, how could a cancellation result in what you requested? Despite talking to three different "managers", we could get no satisfaction and were made to feel it was our fault. We stayed one night in the room we were given, found the smell unbearable, the furniture torn and the carpets stained. We've never had a worse experience in a hotel. Despite repeated attempts to rectify the situation, management has had not response. They were not only rude, but lied repeatedly to cover their incompetance. Don't stay there!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
8  Thank bootsyc
Reviewed August 4, 2006

My husband & I visited Fitzgerald's Hotel & Casino on July 23rd and 24th, in Tunica Ms. We had a wonderful suite despite the fact that we made our reservations only a month before arriving. The rooms were spacious with a tv in the living room and bedroom. The bed was comfortable. We were fairly close to the elevator per our request. We've stayed there before but were not able to get a king bed a few years ago. They said they could reserve the room but not a bed size. This is the only place that has ever done this and we travel a lot. This time was nice. The casino is small and we did have to wait a while to get comps which is on the second floor of the casino. There were 4 employees behind the counter that could have helped. There were only 2 employees helping the 10 or so guests so the wait was quite some time. They were courteous when they did help you. We found the handicap parking spots few and far away. They could use more spaces and closer to the casino and hotel. We didn't win but had fun. We then went to Sam's Town, stayed 3 nights and had a wonderful time there too.

3  Thank Brunehilda
A TripAdvisor Member
Leland, MS
Reviewed June 18, 2006

Hi, I visited the Fitzgerald Hotel and Casino, Tunica, MS back in January and I tell you to walk into a hotel lobby and be consumed with the smell of cigarette smoke is a problem. It was the weekend so to change hotels was not an option. The weekends are always booked. The food was good, the room was nice but they need to install a better exhaust system. It is a turnoff to walk out of your room and be consumed with smoke.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 11, 2006

3 nights at Fitzgerald’s (Tunica, Miss) – The drive from downtown Memphis was less than 30 minutes each way and it was very smooth. It was mid week so we got a great rate ($40). Rooms were clean, staff was very friendly, the elevators were fast, buffets were cheap and delicious. The pool and hot tub area was clean and comfortable. Our room’s river view was great. It is a drive, not walk from the other casinos however. I'm glad to say that we didn't have any of the problems some other posters had with this hotel. I would highly recommend it for the price.

• Stayed: April 2006
7  Thank jeff101d
Reviewed February 22, 2006

I was staying in Tunica for one night during a road trip and wanted to stay at a casino so that I could engage in some blackjack before hitting the sack. Fitzgerald's was the cheapest casino room I could find, so I booked it. First of all, Tunica is miles away from Memphis and the drive seems to take forever, or at least more than 30 minutes (which seems like forever when you've been on the road for hours). The room was of a budget motel quality, although it was large. Everything seemed dingy and/or a bit seedy, and I hope management is looking to spruce the place up soon. However, I noticed no cleanliness issues and I did not feel unsafe. Being a budget traveler who does not expect much, the room was adequate and of reasonable value for what I paid. The front desk staff was efficient but not courteous, although I did check in after midnight. The best part of the deal was that I won enough at the blackjack table to cover the cost of the room as well as a late night stack of flapjacks. The $5 minimum, hand-dealt, double-deck blackjack was excellent. I would stay here again, but the Sam's Club casino I stayed at a couple of years ago was a much nicer location.

• Stayed: January 2006
9  Thank eljefe883
A TripAdvisor Member
Springfield MO
Reviewed February 18, 2006

We stayed two nights at Fitzgerald the last weekend in January - we had some problems around 2 am - sprinkler head broke - we were told no vacancies in hotel or anywhere else in tunica so therefore we made a 300 mile trip home. We were advised that we would be compensated and as of today Feb 18 have had no apologies or letters from them. We felt like if it had been a real emergency fire etc. that the staff did not act fast enough in getting people off the floor.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member