“EXCELLENT”

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
Hartselle, Alabama
Reviewed July 5, 2005

July 1, 2005
Me and my family just returned from a trip, had a wonderful drive down, the sites was great and the Fitzerald Casino was great, the food was the best, just ask and was given free meals. I would recommend if anyone wants to go and have a great time, its the Fitzgeralds, In Tunica, Mississippi!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Ontario, Canada
Reviewed June 25, 2005

We had booked the place on line, (How bad could it be!) We found out when we arrived. This is one run down hotel!

Staff were indifferent, the place is very dirty and the restaurants were poor. We waited 20 minutes for a table to "open up" and were finally seated at one that had been vacant the whole time.

Our room was dirty and the furniture stained with water (I hope) marks.

The casino is OK but if you want a place to stay I would go somewhere else. We had planned to stay for 5 nights and checked out at 6 am the first morning. Went over to Sam's Town and had a wonderful experience for a little more each night.

During our stay we stopped by most of the other casino hotels in Tunica. All were clean, staff friendly and great service.

The only place we saw that was substandard was Fitzgeralds.

• Stayed: May 2003
22  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 11, 2005

I stayed at twelve (12) three diamond (AAA) hotels on my vacation during the summer of 2004, and I would rate this near the bottom of those I visited. The Fitzgeralds Hotel and Casino is located right beside the Mississippi River just south of Memphis, away from the Interstate and the highway.

The large two-bed, non-smoking room I had on the fifth floor was well worn. For three adults, the Casino Rate was $75.90 with tax and included a table, two chairs, and a television in a cabinet. The bathroom was also large and included a sink and hairdryer.

We had a few problems with the room, which included the fact that the water in the sink drained very slowly, the exhaust fan did not work, and the light outside of the bathroom flickered on and off. We stayed for two nights and these were not fixed during our stay.

Our room was also at the end of a long hallway, but that was okay since it kept things very quiet. Also the view of the Mississippi River from our room was exceptionally nice.

As for the Casino, I felt it had loose slots if you moved around. Don't get carried away, if you win, take the money and run! I spent $100 out of my pocket, and managed to win $105! It probably would have been more, but I got carried away :) It is a very smoky casino, so non-smokers beware! Everything goes, cigarettes, pipes, and cigars all make for a stinky evening in your room.

Obviously, you are not staying at this casino just for your room, you are here to gamble. But if your room does matter, then I think another Tunica casino might be the best.

• Stayed: August 2004
20  Thank macmaroon
huntsville, al
Reviewed June 5, 2005

had a great time one of the only casnios that let the dealers keep their own tips one of the best casdinos in tunica!

Stayed: November 2004
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 29, 2005

Date of our stay - March 4, 5, & 6.
My husband and I had not been on vacation in 6 years. We wanted a fun place, with a few amenities, with a river view. The property is a beautiful hotel with well kept grounds, and just a short walk away from the hotel is the Tunica Queen, docked their at the river. When we arrived the front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful with answering our questions. I made an effert to talk with different staff members during our stay, and all were friendly and polite. We chose a suite, which had a beautiful view of the Mississippi River. Our suite was clean, and the bed very comfortable.
The staff worked hard to constantly keep the hotel and casino clean. The bartenders there make great drinks. The food was absolutely great! We ate at Kings Court Buffet, both breakfast and dinner, with excellent service from our servers. They also have an indoor pool, hot tube to help you relax, and a work out room, to help burn those extra calories. I work with a well known world wide hotel corporation, and must say that I was very pleased with my stay. This hotel has every thing that makes a great vacation. We will be returning, staying longer on our next vacation.

FOOTNOTE: I won a little money,...others won lots more!!

• Stayed: March 2005
14  Thank blueskies849
niagara falls, Ont. Canada
Reviewed September 2, 2004

we found the check in time to be very, very slow other than that the price was right & I hope things have not changed as drastically as they sound in some of the other letters i have read. Driving over 1000 miles, you do expect some decent service & courteous staff, which so far we have found. The restaurants leave much to be desired regarding service, quality of food & price, we always eat elsewhere. we travel with friends & they leave the booking of things to me, so hope I don't dissapoint everyone.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tuckerman, Arkansas
Reviewed August 16, 2004

We were making plans to go to Fitzgeralds in Tunica.
We had received a memo from one of the casino hosts telling us if she could help in planning out next visit to give her a call.
I called the day we were going, which also happened to be our 31st wedding anniversary and she not only got us a room but it was a suite with a connecting room for my sister that was going with my husband and myself. When we arrived that night the desk clerk also wished us a happy anniversary but informed us we had a delivery waiting. It was a beautiful fresh fruit, cheese and cracker basket and cold drinks to stock the refrigerator with.
It turned out to be one of the best anniversaries we have had and the best trip we have had to Tunica.
None of this would have happened if not for the best casino host called "TIKA" Wilburn. Tika was not only very helpful, going the extra mile to make it nice, she also presented us with a personal bag of treats, she is a dear to work with making plans and is also the sweetest person you can meet.
Thanks again Fitzgeralds and "TIKA" for a great 31st anniversary.
Linda Byd