1,059 results
All reviews snack bar mississippi river pool and hot tub get away slot machines the room was nice enjoyed my stay fitzgerald buffet fun casino comps spin promo steakhouse dealers ms
Reviewed March 14, 2015

If you want the quality of your hotel to be a part of your experience .... This place is NOT for you. If you are a non-smoker .... This place is NOT for you. If you want a flat screen TV with more than 15 fuzzy channels ..... This place is NOT for you.

Now - if you are a person who plans to arrive at 6:00 and gamble till 2:00 a.m. and you just need a place to crash for a few hours after a night a drinking and smoking and gambling ... I can see this hotel being ok for you. But TRUST ME when I tell you that if you want or expect anything more out of your room or your stay or in the way of amenities .... You need to go elsewhere.

When you walk in the front door of the lobby - you will smell stale smoke .... And that's ALL you will smell the entire time you are there .... even in a non-smoking room. It has penetrated every wall, nook, and cranny of the place.

I do not write this because I have a beef with anyone. Staff was actually fairly nice (the few I had interaction with). But I warn you - this place is just as it was when it was built 21 years ago - only with 21 years of wear & tear & smoke. Nothing has been updated since the 1994 construction - including your television.

Our room was stuffy because the air did not cool - just ran. But that may not be like that in every room.

As a side note: I notice several other reviews on here mention their rooms not being ready at time of check in. This is evidently a real and ongoing thing here. We checked in just shortly after 3:00 and our room was not ready - so as an alternate we took a double bed that was ready instead of our reserved King. When we were in the lobby at 5:30 - people were still waiting on their rooms. I personally heard one of the 3 clerks tell a lady that "Housekeeping had until, 6:00 p.m. to have every room ready so it COULDNT be later than that". Now .... It's unbelievable to me that you can have a 3:00 p.m. check-in time but not get your room until 6:00?!?!?!?!?!

We got our room as part of a package with the Carlos Mencia show .... But I WOULD NOT EVER do the same again. Sleeping there made me feel really really dirty and we left early the next morning instead of sleeping in - as we normally do.

This is basically the same kind of room experience you would get at a roadside motel like a Budget Inn or American Inn etcetera. And if that's what you want, you'll be fine. But it you're expecting more .... you've been warned.

Room tip: If you are a non-smoker, there are no good rooms.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
7  Thank Tim T
Reviewed March 10, 2015 via mobile

My 1st time staying at a casino hotel. Front desk clerk on night shift was very pleasant & welcoming. I believe her name was Latisha. Clerk name Kevis was very pleasant as well during checkout. Rooms were clean & beds were EXTREMELY comfortable but not much more to rave about. The room could use some updates but it definitely served its purpose. The best part for me because I'm not a gambler, was the price! We caught some type of 2015 winter special whereas our double bed room was only $20.15. I would return for another stay.

Date of stay: February 2015
2  Thank kd4seasons
Reviewed March 9, 2015 via mobile

This was my first time visiting the Fitz Casino and hotel, and let me tell you that I have had better experiences. When we arrived there to check in, our room wasn't even ready yet, in fact they had tons of people just waiting around in the lobby for their rooms to be available. I understood that everyone was trying to get in from the ice but I found it very unprofessional and I feel like they should have been more prepared for the crowd. And that's not even all of it. When we finally got to our room, two hours later I might add, we came to find a black dirt stain in the sheets of the bed I was sleeping in. Not only that, my uncle said that the hot tub smelled like someone had urinated in it. The food at the buffet we ate at was definitely not worth the price! And to set my irritation off, they practically throwed us out at check in time! Can pretty much guarantee we won't be staying here again! Will come to the Casino but definitely not the hotel!

1  Thank CiaraJackson10
Reviewed March 4, 2015

I was actually impressed as we drove onto the property and noticed they had exterior upgrades. Unfortunately, my spirit was crushed as we walked inside and realized that it was still the same ol same ol, and worse in some areas. Total, this February trip will be my 3rd and final stay at The Fitz. On this trip, we booked a suite. Upon arrival to the room, there was broken appliances and fixtures, custodial had left behind cleaning products, the jacuzzi tub wouldnt hold water, carpets were just awful, and the temperature wouldnt hold - it was either HOT or freezing - those were the options. So, we go down and politely explain our situation and the room, and we were given another suite one floor down and a slight discount - both were very much appreciated. Upon arrival to THAT room, there were similar problems but it was late and we just wanted to sleep and get the heck out at that point. The food at the Riverfront Buffet was HORRIBLE and the staff on the floor seemed rather rude. You get what you pay for, this is a fact. Except wit the food - we paid $40 to eat at the dinner buffet and couldnt even stomach ONE plate. It was HORRIBLE!!! There is NO way we will be staying here again.

Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Emily B
Reviewed March 4, 2015 via mobile

My husband and I visit Tunica monthly. We usually stay at Fitz or Sams Town. The comps are better at Sams, however we like the slots at Fitz better ( fitz has “coin in" machines) The rooms are always clean at the fitz and the beds are comfy. The staff are always willing to help with any concerns . Overall, its a great place to stay and play!

Date of stay: March 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
9  Thank Amy H