“Great birthday trip for me!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Fitz Casino and Hotel
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
MONTGOMERY
“Great birthday trip for me!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2008

My hubby took me to the Fitz on Nov. 8, 2008 for my birthday. We had a wonderful time. Everyone was friendly and we did not have to pay for food or the room. We enjoyed the live band and won a lot of money!!! We have already booked a room for my hubby's birthday on Valentines Day. I LOVE the FITZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — FRIENDLY SERVICE
  • Disliked — NO DISLIKES
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PUSHANDPULL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2008

We stayed three nights at Fitz on October 23,24 and 25. We all had a great time. My parents won around 1950.00 and we won 525.00 It was great. We have been coming here since 1998 and we come at least 4 times a year. Well, on Saturday evening I hit $300.00 on a machine and cashed out my ticket on my machine. I took it to the cash redemption machine and it spit out three $100.00 bills. Well, I decided I wanted to play some more before going up to my room so I took them and layed them on the counter at the casheirs cage. He through one back at me and said it was no good. I said what do you mean? He got me his supervisior and she said it was a fake $100.00 bill. I told her it came out of her change machine and she could check her cameras to see that. I also told her wh ich machines I cashed out the money on so I could prove that to. She was really nice and told me the same thing happened to her mother in Memphis at the bank. They gave her fake bills also. She told me she was sorry, but I would not get my money back. or replaced. I felt that was really unfair, as I spent my own money in their machines and I won fair and square, but yet I dont get the money for it. Word of advice. Always hold your money to the light and see that it is real. Mine looked very real, but it wasnt.

• Liked — Free food, free rooms, loose slots.
  • Disliked — Not replacing my money
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank Tunicagirl

Travelers are raving about these Tunica hotels

Georgetown, KY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2008

I am the group leader for a travel group. We stayed here because a travel company booked our trip. I would not stay here again. There was a dead bug in the corner, hair in the bathroom, the sink did not drain properly, the carpet was visibly dirty (white powdery substance--maybe ashes?), dirt in the drawers, an inch of dust on all furniture, etc. I had the manager come up and look at the room after our second night there. They did send housekeeping back up to clean and it was some better. We asked for non-smoking rooms but were put in a smoking room. They would not let us change rooms (said they were booked but I doubt it). If we had not been with a group we would have left and gone somewhere else but as it was, we were stuck.

• Disliked — Housekeeping
  • Stayed October 2008
3 Thank hoffman1
Nashville, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2008

Me and 4 of my friends stayed in room 933 September 19 & 20, 2008. We were going to Oxford for a football game. We booked a double room and got a room with a king bed and pull-out couch. Not exactly a double but it worked. So if you really need 2 beds, make sure you request this. We got a non-smoking room but you could smell smoke in the hallway and in our bathroom. I guess this goes with being in a casino hotel. The bed was comfortable and the water in the shower was hot and pressure was good for all 5 showers both days. The casino is small and easy to get around in. The tables are from $5 to $10 but we asked the pit boss to lower an empty $10 table to $5 and he did.

The front desk staff could care less about being friendly but the valet guys were very nice and talked to us even though we didn't valet the car.

This isn't a Vegas hotel but it is a nice place and a good place to do some gambling.

• Liked — Decent price and good gambling in the casino
  • Disliked — smoke smell in the room and in the hallway even though it was a smoke free room
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
Huntsville, AL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2008

Some friends and I stayed at the hotel/casino for a weekend trip recently and my review is as follows:

Positives:
- Food was above average. They have a very good seafood buffet on Sat. night (make sure play plenty of table games to get ALL of your food comp'd...also try to get your rooms comp'd as well...they were really good to us and comp'd both)
- Beds were comfortable and rooms were quiet
- Casino had plenty of variety as well as live entertainment every night. Pit bosses and dealer were great to interact with during game play.
- Casino was very generous with comp's during play

Negatives:
- Shower never left you feeling completely clean and rinsed off. I think they have an issue with hard water.
- Attendants at the check in were very short and unfriendly.
- No poker room...
- Only 2 restaurants to choose from (although both were good)
- Hotel rooms were a little outdated

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — friendliness
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank nafaught
mooreville mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Fitzgerald Hotel Wednesday July 2, 2008 and found the room to be a lovely room. The bed was to die for it was so soft. I had a free room from where we had gambled before and this is what we used, but we had to use a credit card for a deposit that would be refunded after we left. I saw on July 10 that my debit card had been debited $80.00 by the Fitgerald office and on the same day I received a letter stating they were thankful for me purchasing there linen and stated that I had purchased an $80 USED duvet. I DID NOT. There were no calls from my room and the duvet was there when we left the next morning. I have contacted Fitgeralds 6 different times trying to talk with a Sherryl Tucker, Director of Hotel Operations that had signed my letter and I kept getting another person by the name of Madelyn. She assured me on July 11, 2008 after 4 phone calls trying to reach Ms. Tucker that Ms. Tucker would call me back before she left for the weekend. I told her thank you and to be sure and check the phone calls from the room, and verify the signatures of the purchase. She was very short and almost rude. Anyway, I NEVER received a call from Sheryl Tucker so my husband called and tried to get a manager and of course we got a message machine.
I have contacted my bank and proceeded with fraud charges to the fullest extent. They are starting an immedicate investigation as should you into why this happened and why local management would not respond in a dignified timely manner.
What is so bad is that I loved your hotel and casino and was planning another trip for my birthday in August, but am now afraid I might be billed for the entire charges of the hotel and have to fight that battle. This is not a funny situation since I am disabled and my husband was only here for 2 weeks from India where he now has to work and comes home only once every 6 months. This totally screwed up what was a lovely trip.

Deborah George Jones Fitzgerald number 001382298
cell phone [--]

• Liked — it is a quaint, small getaway that apparently has management problems that should be addressed
  • Disliked — That verification was not done to verify a purchase such as checking the phone records or signature records. We left the hotel at 9 am on July 3, 2008 to come home WITHOUT A USED DUVET
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alandebjones
McMinnville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2008

Last week we spent one night at Fitzgerald's on the way to a family wedding. We had a standard room on the 5th floor, non smoking. The carpet looked worn and the sink had many scratches-don't know what could have caused this. We could see the river out our window. We only paid $49 so we got what we paid for-a place to stay for one night when we wanted to play the slots, but we would probably not stay here on our next trip to
Tunica.

The front desk staff was very unfriendly-the check in person did not smile or say welcome and we had the same person when we checked out and he did not ask how or stay was or say come back. He did not seem to enjoy his job.

• Liked — low room rate
  • Disliked — condition of room, front desk staff
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple