WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Fitz Casino and Hotel

Fitz Casino and Hotel
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
Bremerton, Washington
“Room run down and rude front desk staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

We arrived very early since we had a red eye flight. I called the hotel when we landed to see if there was an chance of checking in early, I was told we would be able to check in at noon. We arrived around 11am and checked with the front desk to see if noon was still a realistic time and we were told it was. After spending an hour in the casino we dragged out tired bodies back to the desk where we encountered the rudest front desk staff I have ever encountered. He very loudly told me check in time is between 3-5 and our room wouldn't be ready until 5pm. I reminded him the website states check in is 3pm and I expected our 2 rooms to be ready by then. Horrible experience and while I understand we were asking for an early check in there was no reason to be rude and push our check in time back as far as possible.
The rooms were dirty, run down and not worth the $130.00 a night we paid. More in line with a 1990's Motel 6 then a chain casino hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank lostone65

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

I just returned from my first trip to Tunica in over 13 years. I wasn't sure what to expect but overall was pleased with the experience. The Fitz was a fine place to stay. A little run down but it was clean and despite a large family reunion taking place, pleasantly quiet. We did have to request extra towels and wash cloths twice. It irritated me a little that I reserved a room for 4 people and only had two washcloths and 3 towels each day. Housekeeping was quick to bring us more when we called but I just don't think this is something that should ever have to be requested. We had a fun time playing in the casino here as well. The $3 blackjack was nice and the roulette table was a good time. There is a large selection of penny slot machines too that some in my party enjoyed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank RabidVacationer
Hunlock Creek, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Ok, the casino and hotel are older, but you know that ahead of time. Additionally, I cannot simply understand what people can complain about when they are paying barely anything for a stay here. If they want five stars, they should go somewhere that costs more. I just don't understand the standards that people expect when they are paying so little for a room! With that being said, we loved this place!! Had a feel of old Vegas to it! The service of ALL staff was impeccable and they handled a power outage and all the issues that accompany it with speed and efficiency. The staff were genuinely friendly and accommodating. The rooms were nice, comfortable beds and clean. Yes, the fixtures in the bathroom are old, but who cares, as noted, stay somewhere that charges more and you can have new bathroom fixtures. The included breakfast buffet was also more than decent, having the usual buffet items and including an omelette station. The only thing I was surprised of was the allowance of smoking in the restaurants, but as we came to find out, this is pretty much common still in Mississippi. They did a good job of keeping the smoke away from us though, and we didn't even notice while eating. We also split a cheesesteak at the snack bar for a snack before dinner and it was tasty, and priced much better than we are used to paying in casinos in Atlantic City and Vegas. The pool looked small, but clean, and people seemed to be enjoying it as well. Overall, we had a great stay here and would highly recommend this hotel and casino.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Stephanie G
Anniston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

We go to Tunica several times a year and we are always pleased with our stay at Fitz. Clean rooms, friendly staff, and all the slots and table games we like.
Comps are very generous. Thank You Fitzsgerald.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank GDudchock
Iuka, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

First of all, I would like to say I have stayed at the Fitz., several times. I just don't get folks complaining about hairs being in the tub. The beds are clean, nice, and comfortable. The carpet is a little old, but clean. The housekeeping crew are nice and friendly. The tvs' are a little outdated, and some of the channels doesn't pick up good, but the cleanliness of the rooms is good!! Ohh, and for the special they're running, 2 free breakfasts, well, ya can't beat that with a stick!! I can honestly say, the Fitz. is OKAY!!
The ice machines has always worked for me, also. Now, they do have drapes, that darken the room, but I like that, because if I need to take a nap in the daytime, it helps to block out the sun, or you can open the outside drapes, and there is an extra pair, behind them, with privacy, but you can still see out, and they have always been clean. It is a nice, comfortable hotel. Now for the casino, well now, I will just say, it's my favorite one. Ohh,, I also enjoy the buffet, it's not as big as some of the other buffets in some of the other casinos, but the food is good. Now, the prime rib, is awesome. I suppose the only thing, that would be my main complain, would be that they do honestly need to update the tvs' because most of them does not pick up good at all. Now the employees are all friendly, except for one lady at the Rewards desk, she was quite unpleasant, but that was about probably a year ago, when I had spoken with her, to check my points. She was just being RUDE!! I believe she was the only employee that was not friendly, maybe she just had a bad day, so to speak ;) Now, this is my honest opinion.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank maryg364
Jefferson City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

My wife and I stayed here June 19, 2014. When we checked in the hotel clerk gave us two free tickets for the breakfast buffet for the following morning. That turned out to be the best "breakfast" buffet that I have had in quite a while. We had a King bed and well maintained room on the 4th floor. I was expecting to find the rooms in decay by now due to the recession and the age of this hotel but was pleasantly surprised that it turned out to be just the opposite. The casino has slots on two levels. We mainly play slots for entertainment and do not expect to win big. We preferred the slots on the 2nd level and did okay (ie., left with more money than we came with but nothing to brag about). Our total hotel bill was $42 but actually it was less than that when you subtract off what the breakfast would have cost us. We have stayed here before and will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple