Fitz Casino and Hotel
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We go to Tunica several times a year and we are always pleased with our stay at Fitz. Clean rooms, friendly staff, and all the slots and table games we like.
Comps are very generous. Thank You Fitzsgerald.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank GDudchock

Reviewed June 28, 2014

First of all, I would like to say I have stayed at the Fitz., several times. I just don't get folks complaining about hairs being in the tub. The beds are clean, nice, and comfortable. The carpet is a little old, but clean. The housekeeping crew are nice and friendly. The tvs' are a little outdated, and some of the channels doesn't pick up good, but the cleanliness of the rooms is good!! Ohh, and for the special they're running, 2 free breakfasts, well, ya can't beat that with a stick!! I can honestly say, the Fitz. is OKAY!!
The ice machines has always worked for me, also. Now, they do have drapes, that darken the room, but I like that, because if I need to take a nap in the daytime, it helps to block out the sun, or you can open the outside drapes, and there is an extra pair, behind them, with privacy, but you can still see out, and they have always been clean. It is a nice, comfortable hotel. Now for the casino, well now, I will just say, it's my favorite one. Ohh,, I also enjoy the buffet, it's not as big as some of the other buffets in some of the other casinos, but the food is good. Now, the prime rib, is awesome. I suppose the only thing, that would be my main complain, would be that they do honestly need to update the tvs' because most of them does not pick up good at all. Now the employees are all friendly, except for one lady at the Rewards desk, she was quite unpleasant, but that was about probably a year ago, when I had spoken with her, to check my points. She was just being RUDE!! I believe she was the only employee that was not friendly, maybe she just had a bad day, so to speak ;) Now, this is my honest opinion.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank maryg364
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My wife and I stayed here June 19, 2014. When we checked in the hotel clerk gave us two free tickets for the breakfast buffet for the following morning. That turned out to be the best "breakfast" buffet that I have had in quite a while. We had a King bed and well maintained room on the 4th floor. I was expecting to find the rooms in decay by now due to the recession and the age of this hotel but was pleasantly surprised that it turned out to be just the opposite. The casino has slots on two levels. We mainly play slots for entertainment and do not expect to win big. We preferred the slots on the 2nd level and did okay (ie., left with more money than we came with but nothing to brag about). Our total hotel bill was $42 but actually it was less than that when you subtract off what the breakfast would have cost us. We have stayed here before and will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wbmajer
Reviewed June 21, 2014

For years we have been going to Fitz for fun and gaming, but our last two visits to Fitz have been unbelievable the hotel has gone downhill so much that we will not be returning after 12 years of staying and playing. Fitz is not spending any money on the hotel up keep or customer service. They take and give nothing back to their customers in comp.We think that the wrong hotel was closed in Tunica MS !!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Thom p
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I decided to do a weekend getaway and decided to try The Fitz. What a huge mistake that was!! Right before making my reservation on the casino's website, I called the hotel to verify some of the amenities, since the pictures of the rooms were dark and few. The lady who took my call obviously had no clue as to what a jacuzzi tub is, because the tub in my suite was smaller than my tub at home. Got to the hotel to check in and the hotel associate wanted to argue with me as to how I made my reservation. I thought I was the customer! The carpets in the lobby and on the floors we were on had not been cleaned and/or shampooed in quite some time. Got to the suite and it looked like my grandmother's bedroom decor wise. Outdated furniture, paintings, etc. Floors were dirty, grout was filthy, and had mold in some places. Our non smoking room wreaked of smoke. The hair dryer didn't work, the TV's were old and small and the channels were local and snowy. I left toothpaste at home and went to the front desk for some. I have checked out and still haven't gotten that toothpaste that was supposed to be delivered to my room. The Casino Buffet Was horrible, AND had an odor. The food was absolutely terrible. Sadly, I was asked about my stay and I told the hotel desk person it was terrible, they looked at me and this guy just says, "ok". With staff members behind the counter with no shoes on working. This place needs to be shut down without further torture to the guests.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
15  Thank Steven W
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We have been to Fitzgerald's a few times in the past, and always find ourselves coming back here whenever we're in Tunica. The things that always bring us back are the variety of lower priced games ($3 blackjack & craps, nickel video poker & slots), and the friendly staff. Even though we lost a little at the crap table this time around, we were not disappointed in the overall casino experience. They still have machines where you actually feed in and get paid back with real coins. The video poker machines were really paying out well on this trip.

Gold Strike needs to have their employees come observe the people working at Fitzgerald's....they are so friendly and they really make the gambling experience enjoyable for customers that are there on vacation.

The only negative we had at Fitzgerald's was the number of people that seemed to be loitering around the crap table. Their crap tables might have 12-14 people standing around it, but only 3-4 people actually playing. They need to look at finding a way to discourage people from just loitering - either play or get out of the way.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Gizmo311
Reviewed June 5, 2014

A friend and I went to Tunica and then down to the Gulf in mid may, and we tried to stop at as many casinos as we could. Fitz was one of the larger casinos and was an interesting drive to get to it. You drive down the road wondering where it's at because it's a ways off the main road, then suddelny round a corner and see what looks like the entrance to a castle! You wonder if you took a wrong turn and are heading to Disneyland! Then you see the resort! It is nice, large and the people there were friendly. We didn't stay in the hotel but we did have fun playing in the casino. It ranks as a nice casino, large with a good variety of slots. We found out that there was a $7 dinner buffet that evening, Monday May 19th, and that the next morning the breakfast buffet would be $3.99. What a deal! We went back for the dinner buffet and it was great with a good large variety of different foods. No Prime Rib or Crab Legs, but it wasn't a $25 buffet either. There was a great view of the Mississippi River at the top of the escalator heading to the buffet so I took my camera along the next morning and got some great photos of a tug pushing a load of barges up the river. You do have to get the players card to get the buffet deals, but that usually isn't a problem. We don't play enough at one casino on an out of state trip to get enough points to turn in as we like to hit all the different casinos in about 2 days, but getting a card is a small thing to get a good buffet deal in any casino. Like I said, I can't say anything about the rooms as others here have said, but the casino and buffet are well worth stopping by!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends