New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
Mississippi
“BUGS”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We had a couple nights at the Fitz last Fri & Sat. We went to see the show by the group the Manhattans. Our room had bugs. Those Chinese lady bugs that bite!! They are different from the normal pretty black & red lady bugs, these have orange on their bodies and they bite HARD. I tirned the covers over on my bed, and there was the first one!! We found 5 others after that. One bite me when I was sitting in the chair reading. I don't think Fitz will be our choice of casinos to stay at in the future. Besides, they have the tightest slot machines!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank hippie-memories

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Roland, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

The room was nice however we had a large group and couldn't even play. We go with the understanding that we will lose our money. When you play 5 different slot machines and can't even get a a cherry it seems the casino just wants you to lose your money as fast as possible. You can't even sit down long enough to order a drink. I did get on one and hit a couple of bonus rounds and they didn't even pay anything?? That takes all the fun out. All I want to do is play for a awhile. I may as well have walked in and gave them the money. Our entire group of 12 had the same luck. Then not one of us had enough on our card for a free Buffett??? Are you kidding after the kind if money we lost. Then we went to the outlet mall and their are only 2 outlet stores left. I've been playing slots for many years and the horribly tight slots have just made it no fun. I used to be able to sit and at least play for a couple of hours. That's all I ask. They control them by computer now and just tighten at will.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
8 Thank 736Lovetotravel12345
Kouts, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is the best deal in Tunica. This was now our 4th stay here in the last two years. The staff is pleasant. The beds are comfortable. The buffet is great. The breakfast buffet comes with your stay and is great. Eggs cooked to order, Belgian waffles made to order and very good pastries. Best catfish anywhere. Wish I could get catfish that good up where I live. They offer great promotions if you use their card for gambling. The only flaw I found is that they need to clean the carpeting in the bedrooms more often.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the third floor since you get a lot of traffic in the hallway since it leads...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank retiredt_d
Navarre, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Second visit to Fitz's in Tunica. The mid week special of $39 for a room plus a free breakfast buffet can't be beat. The rooms could use some updating, but are clean and quiet. The hotel staff are very pleasant and accommodating. The casino is attached so you can walk right to it. The breakfast buffet is extensive, although some of the items weren't hot.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors for a view (although obstructed) of the river. Senior buffet (50plus) is only...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank blnavarremary
Camberley, Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We got checked in for $39.99 per night with a free breakfast buffet. The rooms wer clean and the beds very comfrotable. We signed up for the key club membership and were told to return to the desk if we got 25 points on our cards to spin the wheel twice. Well we all did that and got a free evening buffet and money on our cards plus our friend won her room free for the night.l The Staff were all very friendly and spoke to us as we moved around the hotel and casino, where we did not do very well but thats the fun of using the machines. The buffets were both excellent the evening one offered a good variety of different foods and the breakfast was great food also.

Room Tip: We were on 4th floor only one floor up from Casino. Not noisy and very convenient for restaurants.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Philmo60
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Went with my sisters to get away for a weekend..Requested ajoining rooms - they gave us 2 rooms that connected, but the rooms were filthy! The carpet seemed almost "damp", the curtin liners were torn and old and stained, bathrooms had not been cleaned properly - they ended up moving us to rooms next door to each other, (NOT what was requested)! These rooms were not much better, but after traveling 700 miles, we needed to get our feet on the ground. I ended up with bug bites all over my legs. We went to the Steakhouse for dinner, the male manager there was a complete jerk...thought he was being humerous, but wasn't. 8-10 years ago, Fitzgerald's was my favorite casino in Tunica, but something has gone drastically wrong!! We did enjoy the music, a band that played Motown, and we had fun with the other guests dancing in the aisles. Other then that...next time we are staying at Gold Strike!!!

Room Tip: there are no "good rooms" at Fitz anymore
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank newtoohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Recently I stayed at this hotel and the room cleaner stole money from my purse. I left my purse in the room and went to eat breakfast, gone for only 45 mins. I return to room to find housekeeper in my room with door closed and her cart parked directly in front of my door. The problem I have with this is usually they park cart on the side of room and prop door open. Secondly, if u booked for multiple days u usually place door hanger for clean up. I reported to authority and as a result, I was told, this case was dropped because she is covered by the "innkeeper law of Mississippi". I have been staying at these hotels in Tunica for 12 years(very often) and have never ever had a thing stolen from me until now. And for authority to 1) speak to me very disrespectful and short; and 2)hang up on me and offer no remorse for the employee within their service group. I went online and read this article which covers them for stealing from the customer. This law states we should take all our valuables everywhere we go or lock them up with front desk (in a summation). As the youth of today say REALLY! Please be careful of your valuables when in a Tunica hotel because "it's ok for them to steal from us"!!!

• Stayed October 2013