Fitz Casino and Hotel
$65
QualityInn
Best Western Tunica Resort(Tunica)(Great Value!)
$54
$56
  • Pool
$49
$53
All reviewssnack barmississippi riverget awaypool and hot tubslot machinesthe room was niceenjoyed my stayfitzgeraldbuffetfuncasinocompspromospinemployeessteakhousems
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My room was a two night comp. We upgraded to a deluxe room and it was nice, clean and spacious. The Casino staff are very friendly and the penny slots are plentiful. My only complaint of this Casino is the Buffet. Both nights we went on Monday and Tuesday, the salad bar looked as if big foot marched through it. Most bowls were either empty or close to it. The soup was almost empty and crusted. The best thing about the restaurant is the Mongolian Grill, its fresh, hot and well cooked. If there is a Manager assigned up there, I never saw one. We were there almost and hour and when we left hardly nothing had been replaced at the bar. We will stay again but eat elsewhere.

Room Tip: The breakfast is the best meal for your money. Hard to screw up eggs, bacon, etc.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Room was shabby & worn with little attention to detail paid to either the upkeep or the daily cleaning. Dated furnishing that were the wrong side of comfortable, no exhaust fan in the bathroom and please spring for more than one trash can, at least put one in the bathroom. The daily cleaning was spotty and I had to call down 2 of 3 days to have them bring more soap/shampoo, yes folks, I do expect those to be re-stocked daily along with clean glasses, coffee mugs etc. etc. Silly me. They advertised an indoor pool & Jacuzzi which is one of the reasons I chose the Fitz, the pool water was fairly cold and the room the pool was housed in was absolutely cold, who wants to climb out of the pool and turn into a popsicle? The Jacuzzi had been out of order for what the staff said was "quite a while", I saw no workmen (our stay was Tuesday - Friday). Suffice it to say I'll not stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Brian B
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Just a rating for the Casino, and the restaurant was rated separately. The Casino staff were nice, helpful, and there were some nice perks for visiting on my birthday. The drink servers were nice and friendly and the guest services staff were happy to explain how things worked, where to go for certain types of machines, etc.

Parking is convenient and a canopy is available for the upper level lot so your car is blistering hot when you come out on a summer afternoon. Beautiful landscaped grounds make this a nice destination for some casino fun and great food.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Bryan L
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Room had so many things wrong with it can't list them all. Desk lamp broken, HUGE red stain on carpet, HAIR on Ice Bucket, Stains on the sheets, Spider in bathroom, Black Mold in bathroom, Bath Towels stained, Garbage in trash can when we checked in! Yes they have cheap rates but as the saying goes "You get what you pay for!"

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Blackatz
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Actually, the hotel is now called FITZ. I've stayed at the Fitz several times, and each time I have the same result; the rooms are tired; they need some updates; It was very humid outside, and inside the room; my blouse that I had put on a hanger, felt damp. I bring slippers, the carpet in rooms just seems yicky. The air conditioner goes on and off, very loudly; either too hot, or too cold. Pillows on bed- definitely need new ones. If you're fussy about pillows- fluffy, or whatever,- just bring your own. Of course, the price is great; so I come back. Staff is fantastic; they couldn't be nicer; I've only eaten at their buffet; and it's good and very good price. They have all sorts of promotions, check the web site for time you'll be there. I very much enjoy their oatmeal at breakfast; but this time, I made a mistake; the trays look the same; and I took a bowl of what I thought was oatmeal; put on the brown sugar, and a bit of cream; tasted it- yech- it was gravy. They should have some items labeled; they have delicious muffins, but again- you're really not sure of which kind. Now- for the games- I only play slots, so that's all I can comment on. I think they give you the most play for your money; more than most casinos. I didn't win, but I spent a long time playing. Lots of great machines; I also discovered their $1 slots use tokens, no paper receipts. It's a fun place, and I recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends