“Underwhelming” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
Blue Springs, Missouri
“Underwhelming”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Room was shabby & worn with little attention to detail paid to either the upkeep or the daily cleaning. Dated furnishing that were the wrong side of comfortable, no exhaust fan in the bathroom and please spring for more than one trash can, at least put one in the bathroom. The daily cleaning was spotty and I had to call down 2 of 3 days to have them bring more soap/shampoo, yes folks, I do expect those to be re-stocked daily along with clean glasses, coffee mugs etc. etc. Silly me. They advertised an indoor pool & Jacuzzi which is one of the reasons I chose the Fitz, the pool water was fairly cold and the room the pool was housed in was absolutely cold, who wants to climb out of the pool and turn into a popsicle? The Jacuzzi had been out of order for what the staff said was "quite a while", I saw no workmen (our stay was Tuesday - Friday). Suffice it to say I'll not stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Brian B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Oak Ridge, Tn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Just a rating for the Casino, and the restaurant was rated separately. The Casino staff were nice, helpful, and there were some nice perks for visiting on my birthday. The drink servers were nice and friendly and the guest services staff were happy to explain how things worked, where to go for certain types of machines, etc.

Parking is convenient and a canopy is available for the upper level lot so your car is blistering hot when you come out on a summer afternoon. Beautiful landscaped grounds make this a nice destination for some casino fun and great food.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Bryan L
Chattanooga, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Room had so many things wrong with it can't list them all. Desk lamp broken, HUGE red stain on carpet, HAIR on Ice Bucket, Stains on the sheets, Spider in bathroom, Black Mold in bathroom, Bath Towels stained, Garbage in trash can when we checked in! Yes they have cheap rates but as the saying goes "You get what you pay for!"

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Blackatz

Travelers are raving about these Tunica hotels

Acworth, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Actually, the hotel is now called FITZ. I've stayed at the Fitz several times, and each time I have the same result; the rooms are tired; they need some updates; It was very humid outside, and inside the room; my blouse that I had put on a hanger, felt damp. I bring slippers, the carpet in rooms just seems yicky. The air conditioner goes on and off, very loudly; either too hot, or too cold. Pillows on bed- definitely need new ones. If you're fussy about pillows- fluffy, or whatever,- just bring your own. Of course, the price is great; so I come back. Staff is fantastic; they couldn't be nicer; I've only eaten at their buffet; and it's good and very good price. They have all sorts of promotions, check the web site for time you'll be there. I very much enjoy their oatmeal at breakfast; but this time, I made a mistake; the trays look the same; and I took a bowl of what I thought was oatmeal; put on the brown sugar, and a bit of cream; tasted it- yech- it was gravy. They should have some items labeled; they have delicious muffins, but again- you're really not sure of which kind. Now- for the games- I only play slots, so that's all I can comment on. I think they give you the most play for your money; more than most casinos. I didn't win, but I spent a long time playing. Lots of great machines; I also discovered their $1 slots use tokens, no paper receipts. It's a fun place, and I recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was our first time staying at the Fitz....We usually stay somewhere else but decided to try another hotel this time....I don't really have any complaints except for the fact that it is pretty out dated....The room was clean but could use some new furniture....That is my only complaint....The people that work there were all awesome, and its very easy to get comp meals...We will return to play and possibly eat but more than likely we will stay at the usual hotel.....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank melissa f
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed 3 nights. It is quite a bargain during the week. Good breakfasts included. Room was very clean.Disappointed that the Mississippi River cruise was not operating. Nice casino but a little smokey.

Room Tip: Good value during the week. More expensive on weekends
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Flint, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Went to stay at Fitz for two days with their Bed and Breakfast Special. $39 per night and two breakfasts included the following morning. Breakfast was good. I had boneless fried chicken smothered in really good white gravy, bacon, blueberry scones, ham, avoided the scrambled eggs because they were not done, and some little rolled up cream cheese thing. It was good. The room was mostly clean. The furniture at Fitz really needs to be replaced. It is old and dusty but it didn't hurt our stay. The soaps and shampoo were high quality for a hotel. We wanted to take our own luggage upstairs but had to get a bellhop to take it and of course you have to tip. When going on a budget, that's an added extra that we weren't expected. We just needed a cart to take our own luggage. Our room did not have a refrigerator, which would have been nice because we could not get a drink while playing slots on the casino floor. We sat at one machine for 3 hours and no waitress came by. Me and my mother both felt very dehydrated and the sodas at the gift shop were $2.68 each. However, that was all Wednesday night and Thursday morning. Thursday night was ladies night at Fitz. They had a party for ladies plus one guest. There were free signature cocktails, made with cottoncandy vodka, appetizers like cheese, chocolate chip cookies, red pepper dip, crackers, toasted tortilla shells, sliced polish sausage, then they had a drawing and I won $50 in free play which was wonderful, then there was a slot tournament included that all people participating in the party were able to compete. It was very fun, one of the best trips to Tunica since I have been going. That would be about 15 years. However long it has been open. Despite the cons, it was a very good trip.

Room Tip: If you are traveling on a budget and don't want to spend all of your money on a buffet, go down...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family