“I can think of nothing good to say about this place.”

Fitz Casino and Hotel
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
Tennessee
“I can think of nothing good to say about this place.”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

At 2.55pm there are no rooms ready. At 3.00pm all rooms are miraculously available. Can you guess what happens at the front desk? Anyone who enjoys wasting their lives in line will love this place. Rooms are dirty with old "furniture". Last century TV with few channels. A/C very noisy and directed straight on to the bed. Mold in bathroom. Corridors dark and dingy. The final straw was to find out that the restaurant is closed weekdays and the only "restaurant" is the buffet. Can you imagine what it is like when a thousand people try to get into the buffet because there is nowhere else? We got into the car and spent most of our stay at other hotels. Had I not paid in advance via expedia, I'd have been out like a shot. Casino is very, very noisy. I am negotiating a refund.
There are too many faults to list. They could not pay me to stay there again!

Room Tip: The good rooms are in other hotels! Avoid the place.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed July 16, 2013

First, the good: We ate one dinner and two breakfasts at the Fitz buffet, and they were all very good. The service was excellent--all the servers were polite and helpful. We also had fun playing slots in the casino. The Fitz player's club has generous comps. On Wednesdays, for instance, players 50 or older get a $5 buffet. In addition, earn 10 points on a Wednesday and get a free spin on a prize wheel. My husband won a free hotel stay (which he traded for a free buffet, since we'll never stay at the Fitz again), and I got $5 in promo play.

Now, the bad. We've stayed at The Fitz a few times in the past and had beautiful rooms. This time, we showed up at 4:10 on a Wednesday to check into our room and were told it would be at least an hour before our room was ready. The lobby was full of others who were waiting for their rooms as well. We went back at around 5 and were told that the room they'd held for us wasn't ready, but they did have another room available. The room was one of the worst we've ever stayed in, and we've stayed in a LOT of hotels across the country. The carpet was worn and dingy to the point that I didn't want to be barefoot, the finish was wearing off the small entertainment center and one of the drawers was broken, the face plate had fallen off an electrical outlet, there was mold on the caulking around the bathtub, the old, spotted wallpaper was coming loose at the seams in the bathroom, lots of rusty-looking spots on the lower metal door frame in the bathroom. I wish I'd taken pictures. This room (461) was obviously original to the hotel and should never be rented again until it is totally renovated! At checkout, we weren't asked how our room was and the desk clerk didn't seem interested when we told her the room was nasty. Not a proud showing for The Fitz.

Room Tip: I don't recommend staying here. If you do, don't accept a bad room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Tunica hotels

Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Staff is RUDE charged money on my card had to call hotel and all she could say is they weren't responsible for overdraft fees even though it was their fault. Casino staff was rude. Food was ok when we had breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Lesliehugginscasey
Gallatin, Tennessee
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The hall ways are a little dark by the decor and the rooms seem small, but I felt like it was clean. The buffet was clean and priced better than any other in the area. Catfish, peal and eat shrimp, tuna salad from salad bar, breakfast was great, can not say enough about this place. Indoor pool for adults only.

Picked the bed and breakfast rate. Great value!!!

Room Tip: They all seem to be the same. I stayed in middle of hotel. I would have liked to stay at the end s...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rob B
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I have been here many times and from the first time I came to Fitzgerald's I have enjoyed myself. I signed up for the players card while here with a group and now stay most of the time for free but the max is like $20. I start playing with their money and just use what I would pay for a room in Memphis. Sometimes I win and sometimes I lose but it still cheap entertainment. They have a good buffet and a fancy steakhouse depending on what you're in the mood for.The rooms are spacious and always clean. You have to pay separately for internet and there is limited tv channels. There is also a fitness room and pool. I love staying at the castle!

• Stayed June 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed June 18, 2013

the food service is awful not enough people working in the snack bar and the buffet service set-up is crazy with long lines also the menu's in the so called fancy restruant need to be replaced and service and some of the staff is not good. Old TV's in the rooms. why? The beds were soft and a joy to sleep in, but the room was not as clean as it could be they also need to be updated.
I would come back again because I did win some money, but do hope that these things are addressed.

Room Tip: all the room seem to be very good for a good nigh sleep.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Virginia J
Ashtabula, Ohio
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We came to Tunica from Ohio and Chose the Fitz for our 5 days there. It couldn't have been better. The staff was so accommodating and the room was amazing. The beds were a dream. The buffet was next to no other. The Pool and Spa was wonderful. We used the $39.00 room/ breakfast combo deal and it was great. I don't know many places you can go and stay for 5 nights for less than $200 with food included. We will be back next vacation we have. Recommend highly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple