“Fitz Buffet Is Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fitz Casino and Hotel

Fitz Casino and Hotel
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
“Fitz Buffet Is Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

This is one of Tunica's premier casinos. The hotel is nice but the buffet blew me away! The food is always hot, fresh and such a wide variety to choose from. Their fried chicken, shrimp and mashed potatoes reminded me of great homestyle cooking. Fitz has a repeat guest for certain!

• Stayed May 2012
5 Thank DarrinLeeTCB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Horn Lake, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Like usual..I called ahead, the day before my stay to book a king, non-smoking room under the Bed and Breakfast promotion. Once on property, checked in, and went to my room , it had 2 Queen beds!! Inconvenienced...I had to go back down stairs to complain about my accommodations. The rep then said that they were out of king non-smoking rooms; she saw that I was beginning to be irritated then she offered more information. That's when she told me the hotel had 2 floors down for "Deep Cleaning." She should have told me that at the beginning instead of just giving any ol' room. The only king that was available was smoking. I went to see how smoky the room was, and it wasn't that bad; so I decided to go with the smoking room. Trying to get settled, I go for the remote to turn on the tv...no response. I had to manually turn on the tv then I called to the front desk. It took maintenance about 15 minutes to arrive. The tech was troubleshooting the original remote and brought alone a replacement. The replacement worked fine.
Again...trying to relax, I took a bath and turned the sheets back to find spots on the bottom sheet and a shoe print on the flat sheet. I've never had such a thing happen to me!!! I immediately called housekeeping to have the linens changed. It took housekeeping an half hour to come to my room. During the whole time, the housekeeping attendant was complaining about how long her day was and how her feet hurt, I'm not a therapist! The reason why I stayed at a hotel on this visit was to get away and have some me time.
The only thing that made up for all the inconveniences was the breakfast. Fitzgerald's has a beautiful breakfast!! The hostess and waitress were really nice and my glass was always full. Since I don't carry cash, I went to the ATM and I had no problem upon reentry to the Buffet to tip my waitress. I'm planning on staying again sometime in June 2012...fingers crossed!

Room Tip: Call ahead for any additional inquiries and try to arrive earlier than planned.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
6 Thank eallen116
Lexington, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

we have to travel over 150 miles and we do not get any free food offers. why have you stopped this? we still enjoy the room offers and the promos

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
16 Thank JimmyCathy J
Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

Stayed at Fitz hotel for two nights. Everyone's review is spot-on regarding this hotel, along with most in Tunica from what I read.

TripAdvisor reviews suggested that we request a room on the 9th floor (upgraded) and we did. The room was not quite ready when we arrived at 2 p.m. and altho we had requested the 9th floor, the room clerk said we could get into our rooms immediately if we got an "upgraded" 9th floor room which - with taxes - was exactly the same price as the $35.00 room we had booked previously. Huh? Rooms during the week at Fitz are $35.000 with two free breakfast buffets, and with tax that comes to around $50.00 per night. But that's the price of upgraded rooms - oh well...

There are precious few outlets in the hotel room, which makes it difficult to charge all of the items we all need to charge. I was able to get the Internet on a smart phone. Otherwise they charge $10.95 per day per device for Internet...does anyone actually pay this? I believe all of the hotels in Tunica charge for Internet daily, ridiculous. It is 2012. They need to get with the program and not gouge guests. Cell phone service is not too good for Sprint customers, so beware. Many places there was no signal, or we had to walk outside the casino. It was spotty in our room tho and I was able to use.

The room was nice, upgraded with a plasma TV, comfortable king bed, nice clean bathroom, nice towels and amenities, view of the Mississippi, everything worked, a more than acceptable room for the price except for lack of Internet.

The breakfast buffet that is complementary is excellent. Omelet station/egg, waffle station, mountains of bacon and sausage, hash browns, juice, coffee, biscuits and gravy, fruit, etc. You can't go wrong.

Had a Fitz free $7 prime rib Monday buffet for playing for a certain amount of time. Most everything on the buffet was very good except the prime rib. For some reason it was raw, not rare. The server could hardly cut it, then suggested we place it on the grill to cook to order. I don't like grilled prime rib but nothing else would work. It was difficult to eat. But - shrimp, other meats, salads, were quite good and this was definitely worth $7 if you didn't have it comped.

You DEFINITELY need a car in Tunica as there are no more shuttle buses from what we were told. Expensive gas pretty much ended shuttles. But - why not charge a higher rate? With no car you would be stuck at one casino, as they are far, far apart. I'm not sure what motor coach visitors do, to travel between Tunica casinos.

Gambling was a loss for our slot players, altho table game players did okay. I found the slots to be quite old and dated. It would be nice if the Fitz casino (along with all others in Tunica) would add beverage stations for guests. It is sometimes difficult to find a waitress to order a soft drink or search around for the bar.

Employees are very nice and courteous, as they were at all Tunica casinos visited.

Room Tip: Request 9th floor with a view of the Mississippi for upgraded rooms, plasma TV, etc.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
12 Thank Alice-and-Bob

Travelers are raving about these Tunica hotels

Rhinelander
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We sttayed during the week, due to lower hotel rates on week nights. We were unable to check
into our room at 3:00, and so we visited the casino for an hour. We tegistered at the casino
customer service, and were told to gamble for one half hour and return to the customer service.
We did that, and learned that we had earned a free dinner buffet. We checked into our room at
the hotel, changed from our traveling closthes, and returned to the casino for an absolutely
delightful buffet. We gambled after the buffet, a nd returned to our room about 10:00 p.m.

At check in to our room, we were given two tickets for a complimentary breakfast buffet. We awoke after a comfortable nights rest, and enjoyed a delicious breakfast buffet. We both enjoyed
the made to order omelets.

We did not lose much money in the casino, and we did not win much either. It was everything
we hoped our visit would be.

John and Dolores Coyle

8 Thank humblejc1
Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Our room was very much in need od new chairs and bathroom floor. The room was worn out.
I would not return.

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank legend30
Chicago, Il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

After staying at most of the hotels in Tunica, we have found that the Fitz suits us best. The rooms are nice, the staff is freindly and we even win ocassionally! New pool area and outdoor deck is nice. Only draw back...no free internet...hard to believe that they have not upgraded this for their guests. We stayed on a Tues. and Wed. and it was not crowed, plenty of slots available and a great assortment too.

2 Thank kpc08