“Bottles of little shampoo's seals were broken...”
Review of Royal Inn & Suites

Royal Inn & Suites
Royal Inn & Suites
Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
Reviewed April 2, 2007

First of all beware of the missing green shingles on the building. Also beware of the little bottles of shampoo. They seem to like to reuse them without notice. The seals were all broken. Also dont lock the bottom locks on your room door. Even if you have the key you will not be able to re-enter. Oh yea neither will they!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank T_MCP

Reviewed November 12, 2006

We have never had a worse experience in our lives. The person at the front desk couldn't be more rude, there was a hole on the bedroom's door, the hooks in the bathroom were falling down, general ugly feeling. Not even for free will stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank Jeannette F
Reviewed October 7, 2006

We stayed at the Delta Plantation from September 28 thru Oct. 1st. If you are just passing through and need a place to stay for one night this hotel would be okay. We stayed for three nights and that was too long. Our room was not the greatest. There was a hole in the ceiling, the bathroom towel rack was broken and our bed had a piece of wood extending from underneath the bed that you had to be careful not to stub your toes on it. The continental breakfast was not that great either. They had boxes of cereal but no milk.

• Stayed: September 2006
12  Thank Want2btravelling
Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 14, 2006

The stay was wonderful, and for such a great price! The complementary workout facility next door is beautiful and spacious, the linens were clean and comfortable, and the room was newly and beautifully remodeled. I highly recommend Delta Plantation for an affordable and luxurious stay!!

• Stayed: January 2006
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Austin, TX
Reviewed February 25, 2006

I went to Tunica with family (who are a picky bunch) and we all found the motel quite comfortable. It was a nice contrast of quiet when coming back exhausted from the casinos. The room seemed to have gone through extensive remodeling from new carpet to fresh paint and obviously new bedding. Bathrooms were clean, sportscenter was great, breakfast was also nice. A great stay all in all.

• Stayed: February 2006
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 19, 2006

Everything was right from the point we entered at the office. Charming girl greeted us in great looking lobby. The room was just wonderful, tasteful decor, comfortable bed, all amenities and information, very clean and great coffee. Continental breakfast was wonderful with pastries, toasts, fruits and beverages. The rooms are remodelled with some creativity; matches the best in business. The sport center is just great. It's just a short drive to casinos, and yet quiet. modestly priced, lets you gamble away the difference.

• Stayed: February 2006
9  Thank Mikeok
Anchorage, AK
Reviewed January 29, 2006

This is the most creepy, dirty place I have ever stayed. I first had to squeeze by the 3 men who were hanging out outside the office entrance and blocking the driveway with their truck. After waiting 5 minutes for the woman at the front desk to end her phone conversation, I was told that they had made my reservation for the next night. I had a confirmation in hand showing the correct date so that was cleared up immediately. I was given a room key that didn't fit the door of the room so I had to drive back to the office and get a new key. The new key didn't fit the door either. As my husband and I went back to the office the third time, the 3 men who had been standing outside the office door the whole time were now passing around a pistol. When we went back to exchange the second key, we were given another room, but it only had one bed in it- our reservations were for 4 people. At this point, my husband went back to the office and finally got a room with 2 beds in it. Our room was filthy and had the same carpet that one of the casinos had in it. The beadspreads were torn and the bathroom was dirty.
If I hadn't booked this hotel through hotels and knew of a way I could get my money back, we wouldn't have stayed there. We were exhausted from our late drive to Tunica but we stayed in the casinos as long as we could so we wouldn't have to go back to that horrible motel. I am originally from Arkansas and the good ol' boy thing doesn't usually bother me, but the pistol incident was rediculous.
I learned my lesson and will not try to save a buck. I will stay at the casinos the next time I am in Tunica and I recommend everyone else does the same.

27  Thank A TripAdvisor Member