“OK room--if you ever find it!”

Sam's Town Hotel & Gambling Hall
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
georgia
“OK room--if you ever find it!”
Reviewed April 17, 2010

Seniors prepare to walk, get lost, walk again...there were very few directional signs and those were confusing. "Grand" Buffet over-priced and over-cooked---no way to get reservations with a live person so the internet ignored my requests for accessible room in the new building(as reccomended by this forum). The desk lady looked as if I'd ask for the moon. I will return, however, to play slots which were fair and fun here--I just won't stay in the hotel..unless I decide to train for a marathon which is unlikely since I'm 70 and crippled with arthiritis.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Pell City Al.
Reviewed January 30, 2010

We have gone to other casinos but none as good as Sams . The staff really makes the difference. Everyone is so nice and helpful. Had no problem getting drinks while at the slots.Buffet was great.Rooms are large and clean.Had just as much fun at Sams in Tunica as we did at Sams in Vegas.Will not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Louisville Ky
Reviewed January 27, 2010

We stayed there cause the room was cheap and looked newly renovated. The room we got wasn't the room we saw on their web site. Turns out only part of the hotel was renovated, so we asked for one of the newer rooms. ( I highly recommend that) The room was clean and had a flat screen tv. Nothing special but it was nice for the price. Only complaints I had with the room wer it was a mile from the ice machine. You would think they would have ice machines at both ends of the halls but they don't. If your away from the elevator your away from the ice machine too. the other thing I noticed was the noise from the other rooms. Not exactly private !! You could hear the load talkers and the bathroom breaks. The poker room was nice. Dealers and patrons were all friendly but they comp a little less than some of the other casinos 2.50 an hour. If I was forced to go back to tunica I'd stay there again if it was cheap but here's the thing. It ain't Vegas.... There is gambling and that's it. Nothing to see and no escape if your losing. I didn't find any of the casino's to be lose so spend a few extra bucks and go to Vegas it's worth it.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Mississippi
Reviewed January 22, 2010

I will not be staying there any longer. If you're thirsty, you better bring your own because you'll have a hard time getting served anything on the casino floor. If you go to the bar and want any alcohol, they will question if you are gambling or not and then tell you the waitress will be around!!! NOT!!!!!
They will give you free soda, coffee and water, but not with a smile, unless you leave them a tip.
If you are thirsty at the buffet, same thing. NO service. It's like you are invisible.
I put up with this a LOT because of my free rooms, but no more!
Stay anywhere else, but not Sam's.
The pool area is dirty, no security. They run out of towels and do not replace them for hours. Screaming kids. Swearing adults. Drunks in the middle of the day being abnoxious.
Desk clerks who do not advise you where to park to get to your room.
In the older section the rooms are disgusting. Peeling, chipping paint. Rooms in the newer section are better, but harder to get.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank hippie-memories
Tennessee
Reviewed December 28, 2009

We had stayed here before, so when we went back we expected the same experience. When we got there we dropped our bags and dashed off to the casino...I didn't discover the roaches and toenails on the sink from the previous occupant until the next day. I told the front desk about it when I checked out and they didn't seem concerned... Next time we will stay at another establishment.

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank frannieoakley
niles, MI
Reviewed December 27, 2009

my husband and I stayed at Sams town in tunica, along with my parents. We stayed on the 6th floor near the elevator, never heard any noise the 4 days we were there. We stayed the 20-24th of December. Very quiet time, not alot of people. the rooms were very nice, new carpet, drapes and linens. Larger rooms the most hotels. Bed was very comfortable, but pillows not so much. Bathroom was also very large and lots of counter space. Soap and lotion and shampoo supplied. Casino was also nice. we ate at the snack shop twice. Decent food for the price, we also ate at the buffet, during the week for dinner it is 14.99 and well worth the price. Lots of choices and very clean. We noticed during the week at all of the casinos the choices are limited for food. I am sure everything is hopping on the weekends!! Overall, Sam''s was very nice and would return there.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Biloxi, MS
Reviewed December 6, 2009

My wife and I stayed here one night to see Wynonna in the area. She was awsome as usual, and the hotel was ok. It was very clean and well kept but nothing special. There was a small fight in the hallway outside our room which was quickly taken care of. I guess this added to the saloon atomosphere. The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. The arena was nice but be prepared to know your neighbor as the seats were very close together. I was fairly lucky in the casino, coming out $500 ahead. The dinner buffet was $24.99 per person, which is too high in my opinion, so we ate at Smokey Joe's cafe. It was a waste of time and money. The food was not that great, very greasy. We ate breakfast at the buffet before leaving the next morning. It was very good.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple