“Love Sam's Town”

Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
Chicago, Illinois
“Love Sam's Town”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Looking forward to my next trip to Sam's Town..I have stayed several times and have enjoyed it every time. Went in Sept. for our anniversary and they had a beautiful cake waiting in our room when we got there..Will be going in March and just can't wait for the nice little get away for some peace and quiet...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank melissa f

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Bristol, Connecticut
Reviewed February 3, 2014

After playing Mississippi stud and 3 card poker for hours on end. I noticed a pattern emerging. Try for your self. Play 100 hands of 3 card poker and 100 hands of Mississippi stud. You will notice that in both games the dealer gets 3cards. In 3 card poker the dealer will get a pair quadruple the amount of times then in Mississippi stud. Why because in mississippi stud when the dealer gets a pair it pays you. Also do some research on the shuffle master. They can set those machines up to either put out pairs or not. What they do to balance the odds is, set the mechines to put out more pairs for the dealer in 3 card then in Mississippi stud. Push both mechines further in different directions as far as pairing is concerned to balance out there gaming commission odds regulations. These mechines do not randomly shuffle cards. They are designed to meet mathematical odds its programmed for. Dont believe me try for yourself. There is no chance that the dealer will get more pairs in mississippi stud then in 3 card poker. Not sure if it favors dealer hands or not but it beyond a doubt deals more pairs per 3 cards in 3 card poker then in Mississippi stud.
But the hotel rooms are nice and at a good rate.

• Stayed February 2014
7 Thank danmergy
Midland, Michigan
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Check in is a breeze, then the walk to the elevators, had a fifth floor room which isn't bad, but she stuck us at the end of the hall, which seemed like a 1/4 mile walk and the place wasn't that busy. The carpeting is terrible, falling apart and wrinkled, kind of dangerous and I would think they would replace it. Even though it was below 30 deg. outside, they had the air conditioner blasting away and the vent was at our door, so you need a jacket when you went to your room, it was freezing! No, it wan't hot in the casino either, temp or slots. The room itself was average, it did have a nice bathroom and everything seemed clean. I don't think I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get something close to the elevators!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Tinley Park, Illinois
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Stayed here 2 nights in Early January and was pleased with the hotel. Room was very nice for the price and the beds were clean and comfortable. Found the staff to be very friendly Casino is not super largebut found slot service was fast , No long waits.The 24/7 cafe was a good place to get a snack.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Arthur Z
Red Bud, Illinois
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

The room was very clean and comfortable. The bedding was very comfy and cozy. The bathroom was large and had a great shower. Very good rates during the week. And, of course did a little gambling. We did not experience any rude staff or dirty room as others have commented on. Our stay was great and we would definitely stay again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Siwasher1993
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The staff at the hotel were rude. The place reeked of smoke. This was a terrible, terrible experience. We will never be back to Sams Town, or Tunica, MS, ever. What a mistake. We are not gamblers, but was looking for a little luxury along I-55. Tunica is NOT the place to find that, much less, at Sam's Town.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank harley2122
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at Sam's Town Hotel & Gambling Hall, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Our apologies that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We do understand your frustration with our staff, and the smoke smell. In the future, we encourage you to bring this to our attention immediately so we can rectify the situation promptly. Again, thank you for your review.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 29, 2013

My family has been coming here for quite a few years, and living 8 hours away, we make the trip a few times a year. Usually, we have a great time, which is what keeps us coming back time after time. We have dealers that we absolutely LOVE (Mary, Rubie, J Paul, Mai, and Doris, to name a few) and I tell people that's one of the reasons we like coming to Sam's Town. However, this stay was quite different. A few of my family members were playing craps, and we had Gina as a dealer. From the beginning, it was obvious she was not going to be a friendly dealer. Any time we put a bet on the table, we got an eye roll or a complaint (ex. "Really? I bet if these people had to bend over, stand up, bend over, stand up all day, they wouldn't want to do it for free. Oh, I'm sorry, I'm up to a whopping $6.00 an hour now") Once, I put down my bet, and she angrily told me to hold on, like I had done something wrong by putting money on the table. I put a bet out for the dealers, hoping that would turn her attitude around, but that went unacknowledged. 30 minutes later, when the table had slowed down, she asked a dealer at the other end of the table how he was liking his "break" since there weren't many people on that side. She then said very loudly, "Well, at least the people at your end tipped. Only (gentleman's name) and (gentleman's name) have tipped over here"(conveniently leaving out that I had, indeed, made a dealer bet). It would be different if she was laughing and giving us a hard time, but it was said with an attitude. I'm sorry, I tip much more generously to dealers who are making my time more enjoyable, and if she thinks being rude and complaining about not getting tips is going to help her odds, she's wrong. I shouldn't have to go to a table and be bullied into tipping dealers who are rude and offensive. We had a big group this time (15) and I'm sure some will not be back. There are other places to gamble with friendlier people, so why would they choose to come back here? Very disappointing.

• Stayed December 2013