“Rude Dealer”

Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
Dallas, Texas
“Rude Dealer”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

My family has been coming here for quite a few years, and living 8 hours away, we make the trip a few times a year. Usually, we have a great time, which is what keeps us coming back time after time. We have dealers that we absolutely LOVE (Mary, Rubie, J Paul, Mai, and Doris, to name a few) and I tell people that's one of the reasons we like coming to Sam's Town. However, this stay was quite different. A few of my family members were playing craps, and we had Gina as a dealer. From the beginning, it was obvious she was not going to be a friendly dealer. Any time we put a bet on the table, we got an eye roll or a complaint (ex. "Really? I bet if these people had to bend over, stand up, bend over, stand up all day, they wouldn't want to do it for free. Oh, I'm sorry, I'm up to a whopping $6.00 an hour now") Once, I put down my bet, and she angrily told me to hold on, like I had done something wrong by putting money on the table. I put a bet out for the dealers, hoping that would turn her attitude around, but that went unacknowledged. 30 minutes later, when the table had slowed down, she asked a dealer at the other end of the table how he was liking his "break" since there weren't many people on that side. She then said very loudly, "Well, at least the people at your end tipped. Only (gentleman's name) and (gentleman's name) have tipped over here"(conveniently leaving out that I had, indeed, made a dealer bet). It would be different if she was laughing and giving us a hard time, but it was said with an attitude. I'm sorry, I tip much more generously to dealers who are making my time more enjoyable, and if she thinks being rude and complaining about not getting tips is going to help her odds, she's wrong. I shouldn't have to go to a table and be bullied into tipping dealers who are rude and offensive. We had a big group this time (15) and I'm sure some will not be back. There are other places to gamble with friendlier people, so why would they choose to come back here? Very disappointing.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Zancana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We really enjoy ourselves at your Hotel/Casino. Bartender/Steve at the "live music" bar is a real "hoot" with lots of stories to tell and excellent service. Beverly (casino host) was happy to comp our stay for our entire four (4) nights. Buffet is currently under renovation, but will reopen on 12/23/13 all brand new. My wife and I play .25 video poker (mostly) and you will find full pay 9/6 JOB at the live music bar. Drink service is (of course) free to players and was excellent no matter where you were in the casino. Live music on Friday and Saturday night was just great. Live music, full-pay Jacks or better and great drinks. What else could you ask for. They also have a 24/7 café which is cheap and has good food as well as a steakhouse which we will try next time. Thanks to all for a rockin' good time!

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be updated, so I think any would be fine
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kman1954
Winona, Missouri
Reviewed November 29, 2013

The staff at this casino go out of their way to make your trip a pleasure. Nice, polite people that always seem to be in a good mood. Never having played the blackjack tables before I was fortunate enough to go to a table where Rubie was dealing. A very kind, patient person that will keep me coming back. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms nice. Thankyou for making me feel at home!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank gail a
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The room we were staying in was nice, clean and well maintained. The room was actually larger than most hotel rooms and there was a refrigerator in the room. The bathroom was also very clean. There was a nice courtyard outside and we had a small balcony we could walk out onto. On the negative side I was surprised there was no public computer to use in the hotel lobby for guests. There was limited dining options in that they offered the buffet and a fine dining option and after 9pm a small snack area was available. We walked through and looked at the dinner buffet and were not pleased with the way the food looked (dried out and not too edible for our taste). We walked across the street to the Hollywood casino and ate there. Many of the guests in our party ate at the buffett at Sam's and they reaffirmed to us we made the correct choice at the Hollywood casino.
We ate at the breakfast buffet on two mornings and we felt the food was just OK. Much of the food we ate was luke warm at best. Ironically we were at the begining of the buffet line when it opened at 7am. The restaurant staff should be able to prepare a better meal that is hot! We were surprised that the sports bar did not offer any food options whatsoever. That is very unusual for a sports bar in a casino.
We tried to get a cab to take us to another casino one evening and was told by the valet that there are no cabs or shuttle services to nearby casinos. Both the Holywood and Resorts casino are a short walk of about 5-10 minutes.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank MKC18
Old Hickory, Tennessee
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I've stayed at most of the casino hotels in Tunica, and Sam's Town is right up there with the best, if not the best of the bunch. The check in was smooth and easy; the walk to the elevators was a bit long for me and my Dad (I'm 56 and he's 85), but really can't complain about that. The rooms were clean and very nicely decorated, with a great rain shower head.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank markbrake57
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed one Wed. night with adult family, booked two rooms , one room comped with mailed- out promotion the other $40 . No problem on check-in, we were in our rooms in 5 min. Our rooms on 7th floor were clean and comfortable except one King bed seemed a little tired on edge, with a hump in the middle, but the other bed was fine. Ate at the buffet for dinner and breakfast and found it to be a little disappointing but that also was comped , so all's good, right ? Played the slots, some won... some lost... Overall we had a good experience, and if I get more comps I'll be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elevators, it can be a long walk to the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mikado5050
London, Canada
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Got a great room for $33.00 a night - discounted because we have a comp card for the casino.
The room was clean, the bed was amazing - best night sleep away from home in a very long time.
I read quite a few reviews before we left - so I was a bit concerned, my opinion......its just human nature...........people like to complain and moan.
We had a great experience, the food was good and resonably priced, played some slots and it was quiet and restful. Just what we wanted.
My advice..........if you want a 5 star hotel..........then find yourself one and pay the price.
Definitely would return.

Room Tip: Great deal for the price. Staff were extremely friendly
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple