Sam's Town Hotel & Gambling Hall
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsbed was comfortablevideo pokermid weeksamsslotsgamblingluckplayerssteakhouse
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Sam's Town Tunica offers a clean and convenient place to stay at a competitive rate for the area for fun outings with friends. Hallways can be a little loud but you're in Tunica and people are having fun so that should be expected. The dinner and breakfast buffets offer plenty of options for everyone to be happy. Would recommend making sure the coffee pot in your room works BEFORE you need it in the morning. Other than that small detail it was a nice stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank L H
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We just got back from our weekend stay ay Sam's Town.....I have no complaints except the air conditioner could have been a little better....We have never stayed here before but had free weekend nights on Labor Day weekend so thought sure why not...It was great and we will stay again I am sure...We were eating breakfast Saturday morning and I noticed some people gathered around someone across the room, so me being nosey had to find out what was going on. It was Sinbad the entertainer, letting people take his picture even taking it with them, very nice and wasn't covered with security....I would say over all this was a very enjoyable trip....

1  Thank melissa f
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Hotel is of course geared towards those who are older and want to gamble 2-3 days and stay cheaply. Definitely rooms were inexpensive and were clean (walls in hallway a little thin). We were a little dismayed to open our curtains and see a raccoon limping across the roof and then an family of 5 crawl out of the ditch and towards the garbage, but that's nature. Slots were tight but the worst parts were this: We went to eat at 840pm - the buffet was closing at 9pm and the deli was closed for cleaning. The deli then carts things across to the buffet and opens IN the buffet at 9pm with a limited menu. Limited is right. Sandwiches. no chips no fries, no nothing. We were flabbergasted by that. Then on "Senior Tuesday" when we returned from a day trip at 930pm we could not claim our promotion because it is only 7am to 9pm. We won't stay again probably.

1  Thank namickey
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We have made numerous trips to Tunica for gambling experiences and usually stay at Sam's Town because they offer a three day comp. We found, as on numerous occasions, that a lot of employees at Sam's have an "attitude". They act as though it is an inconvenience when they have to wait on you or give you information. This trip seemed worse than the others. Also, as I was sitting in a chair in our room, my husband asked if I had cut my toenails. I said "No, why?" Looking down, about 2 inches from where my feet were, I found three toenail clippings just lying on top of the carpet. That meant that in between occupants leaving the room and our checking in, the maid obviously had not vacuumed the room. Another interesting thing we found unacceptable is that the room was not equipped with an iron/ironing board. We were told we could call down to the desk and they would bring us one. To me, that would be very inconvenient. As we left, I asked to talk to the head housekeeper to let that person know of our experience with the toenails. A man came out and I unfolded my napkin where I had collected the toenails and put them on a piece of paper for him to see. He said he didn't know how this could have happened because they check the rooms and make sure the rooms are clean. He even went as far to say that it could have been a maintenance employee who came in the room in between occupants and had clipped his toenails. Are you serious? He said he would address the problem but I had the feeling as soon as we left, he would throw the toenails in the garbage and go on with his day.
We also ate at the buffet and their food has truly gone downhill. My husband is a big eater and left quite a bit on his plate as it tasted old and bland. I do believe no matter what offers we receive in the future, Sam's will NOT be the hotel we choose to stay at.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor (9th floor), nonsmoking, and only heard minimal noise in the hall (housekeepers). Since we were on the top floor, we didn't have the noise of people walking back and forth above us. That was nice.
1  Thank FoxeyLemon
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at Sam's Town Hotel & Gambling Hall, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to notify us of your experience. Your comments will be sent to our Director of Operations for immediate attention. We have very specific housekeeping guidelines that must be completed and verified each day. We will be auditing our inspections to insure our standards are being met and sincerely apologize for your room condition.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

It's a Casino, it has a hotel. This is a huge place and they have tons of rooms. We were there for almost a week and all of us were in different locations and buildings. On the plus side, they do offer smoking rooms and they do have some of the best staff I've encountered at a Casino Hotel set up. Our room, no matter how much we asked never had an air condition that work well. With a hotel that size, it should have been an easy ... "lets move you".... We were in a wing the air in the hallways was never on, blessed the poor staff who had to work on that floor. Some in our party had almost brand new rooms and freezing cold air. The hotel eateries were just fair to average and their "24 hour" buffet was actually not 24 hour. They would close between meals, so you had 3-4 hours per....Summer in MS is not the time to really be there (unless you have to)and there were mosquitos in the lobby and 1st floors. It was really bad. They do not offer internet anywhere but in the lobby and then only have a couple of plug ins and limited seating. I know they want you in the casino, but.... I think they are probably better places to stay .......

Room Tip: I would ask to be in one of their "newer" rooms or buildings....
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at Sam's Town Hotel & Gambling Hall, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for your comments and compliments on our Team Members service. Our hotel wifi project is underway and will allow better connectivity throughout the facility. In the meantime, we do have a wifi cafe next to Snacks-N-Stuff with charging stations. We will forward your comments to our Director of Hotel Operations for a maintenance review. Again, thank you for your feedback, as it helps us to improve our service.