“Clean”

GreenLeadersSilver level
TENNESSEE
“Clean”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

The Horseshoe Casino Hotel was very delightful. clean, friendly staff, Starbucks, snack kiosk.
The room was everything we needed for a couple of nights break. it was much nicer than I expected. it had a bar area where the frig was stored with coffee maker and plenty of supplies (of course I don't call that REAL coffee).
The only downsize was the walk from the elevator. we had requested close proximity and apparently my close and their close were two very different distances.
The bed was so comfortable we wanted to stay in it more than we wanted to gamble! I wanted to load it up and take it with us, it was that nice.
Nice size, modern TV. roomy bathroom, plenty of towels, very clean. will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: request a floor where there are no conferences taking place.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
8 Thank OLDTIMER51

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (609)
Satellite Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The Horseshoe is right next door to the Gold Strike in Tunica, and in fact you can walk out the side door of one and 30 feet later you're in the other. The room here was much nicer (although I opted for the upgrade), large room, large couch, THREE TV's in the room (1 in the bathroom), all LCD, large tub/shower, single-cup coffee maker, very nice. It must be the area because although the wifi was better than Gold Strike by a wide margin, it still was only barely marginally adequate to get any real work done, although like at Gold Strike and unlike most other places nationwide, there is a daily $12 or so charge to use it. (But like Las Vegas where they also charge, I think the theory is that they want you gambling in the casino, not surfing in your room!) At least I was able to read gmail without errors, where the Gold Strike wifi was flaky at best not allowing that. The food in the various restaurants is quite good; the buffet is good but not as good as their Las Vegas counterparts. The casino is a typical casino, nothing special. As opposed to the Gold Strike next door, playing two hands at the Horseshoe requires each hand to be played at twice the table minimum. Also, interesting that all the single and double deck blackjack games are limited to $25 and $100 table minimums. Open tables are surprisingly limited until about 10-11am, and equally surprisingly full in the evenings when there are so many unstaffed closed tables. The bed was comfortable although a bit stiff for my tastes.

Room Tip: a lower floor will make your wait for the elevator less.
Green Features: did not note anything promoting environmental friendliness -- new towels daily, although they did leave yesterday's soap and shampoo bottles (as well as leaving new ones) instead of wasting them.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank t1man
pittsburgh
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Traveled to Tunica for the first time on a junket out of Pittsburgh. The only down side was upon arrival on a Saturday evening - somehow our reservation had us for a non-smoking room, and we wanted a smoking room. The hotel was totally booked, but they were able to move us to a smoking room on Sunday.

The rooms were great - huge soaking bathtub, TV in the bathroom. Great king sized bed and then a nice sized sectional couch - there was a TV to view from the bed, and another to view from the couch.

The people - WOW - I've never stayed somewhere that every single employee was so very pleasant and helpful and just really great employees. There aren't enough adjectives to compliment the staff at the Horseshoe.

The only downside of the whole trip was - since we were on a junket - and did not have a car - you really are stuck at your hotel. We did use the Harrahs shuttle. Would we come back? Yes - probably - but hopefully with my own car.

And - we ate daily at the buffet - everything I ate was great! Lots of "southern" foods to try.

Green Features: Harrahs/CET does have a Code Green - where the recycle all of their trash. Saw that on an infomercial on the TV
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
8 Thank kathyak
Iowa
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights. The room and bathroom were good size. The room had a fridge and couch and chair. The bathroom also had a huge tub and a TV. The hotel was very smoky, but our room didn't smell. The spa fitness area was very nice. My son liked the steam room and sauna. The fitness area had a fridge stocked with bottles of water. Not many options to eat. We went to the place called 8 oz and it was really pricey. We ended up driving to Sonic and Waffle House for our other meals.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank xray1971
Kannapolis, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed April 1, 2014

The workers are awesome, the food is fantastic, and the drinks are reasonable... We will definitely be staying at the Horseshoe next time I stay in Tunica... We are a younger married couple and this was the only place that treated us with respect!

3 Thank Kat S
Ripley, Tennessee
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I went to a concert at Bluesville in the Horseshoe Casino in Robinsonville, MS on 14-MAR-2014. The casino is like all casinos, nothing special, but because I live outside of Memphis it is close enough to go to often. I used to be a regular customer going about once or twice a month, but hadn't been there for about a year. Used to enjoy going for the weekend and having a great meal while there. Not this time! I really can't express my disgust with the buffet. The prime rib, and mine was rare so should have been tender, could not be cut with a knife. I saw plate after plate of food being thrown away. The salad bar was a mess. Most of the items on it had water floating in them. The bread and items on the dessert bar were stale. They advertised it as a Seafood Buffet, but there was little seafood there and I'd be afraid to eat it.
I saw a woman walking with a plate that was dripping gravy on the floor and an employee came behind her with a small broom and swept it, leaving the slick spots for someone to fall on. I actually saw an employee that was restocking plates pick up a bowl, take his thumb and scratch something out of it, then put it on the stack for people to use. At that point, I pushed my plate aside and left and will never return. Evidently Mississippi isn't big on food safety or inspections. I would have filled out a comment card had any been on the table, but even though they have a lovely comment box, no cards were to be seen. People all around me were sending back plates full of food. Makes you wonder who manages the kitchen.
It is really a shame, because they used to have the best buffet in my opinion. Now all I can say is EAT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!! You have been warned.

7 Thank MaltMom2
TN
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We are both Diamond players with CET and booked a non smoking king ---when we arrived we were told the premium kings were sold out and were assigned a smoking room that was almost as far away from Horseshoe casino as you can get. It was pretty clean, but very small, dark, a tad dusty, and had that smoking room funk smell. We thought that we'd get through it ok because we knew they'd put in all these new video poker machines and we were still excited about that. Well, they did have lots of new VP machines with virtually no playable games. Poor paytables, no variety of games (couldn't find Bonus Poker on ANY multi-line game)---just bad. A TriplePlay machine I tried paid 1500 for a royal flush with 5 coins played!! The next day we walked over to Gold Strike where we are nobody (lowest tier), played 3-4 hours on some much better (while older) VP machines, asked and was comped a great non smoking room on the 28th floor. They also gave us a $100 food comp, so we retrieved our belongings from the Dungeon and never went back.

4 Thank petenjulia