2,918 results
All reviewsdiamond loungepremium roomburger bargreat experiencepoker roomslot machinescasino hostcasino floorget awaytable gamesnice roomhotel roomgold strikefunbuffetstarbucksbinions
Reviewed June 11, 2012

The room was lovely -large with a L shaped couch and easy chair and coffee table facing a large flat screen TV with a wonderful picture. A second TV faced the bed - it was very snowy. A third TV was in the bathroom - we could not get that one to turn on.
Air blew right at the bed - very annoying. The bathroom was large and clean except for mold in the shower/tub area.
WIFI was not free - and very slow.
We ate breakfast in the diner - a complete disaster.- undercooked eggs, tasteless hash browns and overcooked ham that would not slice. We definitely will not return!
The problems in the room could be easily remedied - clean up the mold, fix the TV's - turn the air vents away from the bed.

3  Thank grannymaryp
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We recently spent one night at the Horseshoe Casino and Hotel on a 24-hour get-away. After doing some research on TripAdvisor for the area, we decided the "King Premium" at the Horseshoe was our best choice. We were not disappointed. Our room was spacious, clean, comfortable, and quiet. We asked for a river view in the online booking, and we were given a room with the view. I especially appreciated the effort to keep the halls and non-casino areas from smelling like cigarette smoke. If you like to watch TV while bathing and dressing, you will enjoy having a small TV in the spacious bathroom! There were two TVs in the room, one for watching from bed and one for the sitting area which which had a comfortable sectional sofa and chair.
We ate at the Horseshoe buffet. It was OK, selections from many different styles of food -- Asian to Southern. There was not an item that I could rate exceptional, but you certainly do not have to leave hungry. Service was good. If you arrive early enough to play the slots, it does not take long to accumulate enough points to have buffet comps.
We spent our next day in Oxford, MS, walking around the square and riding through the campus of Ole Miss. A delightful day in a small Mississippi town. It was like going back in time to see so many people walking around town, shopping in town, and eating in town.

2  Thank MSSrcitizen
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed here for one night of our "here we come New Orleans" trip and had an overall nice time. We started out at the Harrah's which is "next door" and I'm very glad we were told that our reservation was at the Horseshoe (6 nights at various Harrah's and Horseshoe's-I got confused! what're ya gonna do?) because I wasn't too thrilled with the looks of the Harrah's--lobby is on the second floor (maybe they've had high water? I'm not sure and didn't ask) and just seemed kind of dirty although every employee we dealt with were all VERY nice. So got to the Horseshoe and had a King room which was comped so sometimes I think you get the "older" type rooms but ours was nice and clean. We ate at the buffet which is overpriced but when using reward points who really cares? My husband was happy because while I asked the kind of indifferent Host about where we should eat (maybe she'd had a long day but she looked at me like I was from Mars) he hit for $625 on a quarter machine. I didn't have such luck but still had fun.

1  Thank Kayjay315
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Everything was excellent, from check in to check out. The entire staff were very accomodating and helpful! I work in the hospitality industry and am very impressed with the guest service of this property. Both room and property cleanliness and upkeep were excellent as well. Everything I requested was delivered with a smile and overall upbeat attitude and I am well aware of the challenges of making this happen, especially on sold out weekends! Food was fantastic throughout our stay and I am looking forward to returning to this property as soon as I can. Please keep up the good work and share my Thanks with your staff!!!

1  Thank jojook
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Our stay was for four nights, we had a suite on the 10th floor, a very nice room. This is a nice casino with great service. Would stay again

• Stayed: May 2012