2,950 results
All reviews diamond lounge premium room burger bar great experience poker room slot machines casino host casino floor get away table games nice room hotel room gold strike fun buffet starbucks binions
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed here for one night of our "here we come New Orleans" trip and had an overall nice time. We started out at the Harrah's which is "next door" and I'm very glad we were told that our reservation was at the Horseshoe (6 nights at various Harrah's and Horseshoe's-I got confused! what're ya gonna do?) because I wasn't too thrilled with the looks of the Harrah's--lobby is on the second floor (maybe they've had high water? I'm not sure and didn't ask) and just seemed kind of dirty although every employee we dealt with were all VERY nice. So got to the Horseshoe and had a King room which was comped so sometimes I think you get the "older" type rooms but ours was nice and clean. We ate at the buffet which is overpriced but when using reward points who really cares? My husband was happy because while I asked the kind of indifferent Host about where we should eat (maybe she'd had a long day but she looked at me like I was from Mars) he hit for $625 on a quarter machine. I didn't have such luck but still had fun.

1  Thank Kayjay315
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Everything was excellent, from check in to check out. The entire staff were very accomodating and helpful! I work in the hospitality industry and am very impressed with the guest service of this property. Both room and property cleanliness and upkeep were excellent as well. Everything I requested was delivered with a smile and overall upbeat attitude and I am well aware of the challenges of making this happen, especially on sold out weekends! Food was fantastic throughout our stay and I am looking forward to returning to this property as soon as I can. Please keep up the good work and share my Thanks with your staff!!!

1  Thank jojook
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Our stay was for four nights, we had a suite on the 10th floor, a very nice room. This is a nice casino with great service. Would stay again

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Day 1:
Act 1:

So we stayed at the Horse Shoe Casino and Hotel in Tunica, MS. $200 a night for a 'deluxe' king room, non-smoking. Checked in with numerous heavy bags, was not offered a cart to put our luggage on or a bellhop to assist us. Room on third floor, air conditioner was louder than max volume on television. And in addition, it wasn't cooling the room at all.

Act 2:
So we asked to be moved to room with working/quieter air conditioner. They said they would send a maint. person up right away. So we waited for him. He arrived an hour later, while we melted in the sweltering Miss. Delta heat. He brought with him a can of WD-40, a patronizing look, and little else. Looked at air conditioner, told us it wasn't working and he couldn't fix it, advised us to move to different room. Called front desk, waited another ten minutes while same front desk person was on phone to another patron, I assume. Finally got back with me, and said she would see about moving us to another room.

Act 3:
Waited again for undetermined amount of time. Finally she came back on phone and said she could move us. Someone brought us room keys, picked up our first set of room keys, and without a word, turned on his heels and exited stage left. Once again, no bell hop, no cart to move bags, so we toted all the bags to the backside of the second floor. Second floor s in deplorable condition, tripped twice on wheelchair ramp or riser, or whatever it is. Carpet is peeled back in that area, exposing metal of some type. But on to our room, double queen this time, room was smaller, dusty, air conditioner was rattling and loud, carpet was badly stained with something pink and red, and actually torn in one area of room. View was of the air conditioning units for hotel, all lined up in a row. Lovely, thanks. In addition, the noise from the numerous banquet rooms, the banging of doors, commotion of laundry room, etc. added a very nice touch. Just what a weary traveler needs before getting up at 4 in the a.m. to compete in a charity 1/2 marathon.

Act 4:
Asked to move to a clean, quiet room in the price range we paid for, rather than the obvious downgrade, and was told there was nothing they could do, no other rooms available. Meanwhile on Hotwire and Expedia, rooms are being offered at that very hotel. Hmmmm. Was told they would check later on that night to see if anything else was available, but they never got back to us. Was 8:00 p.m. at that point, 4 hrs. of a two day vacation wasted. Again, thanks.
We ended up covering the door with towels, stuffing one under the door to block out the noise and light. Really, it was that bad.

Day 2:
Act 1:
Went to charity event at Harrah's. Well run event, actually, although the race host did push folks to stay at the hotel a bit much. We did enjoy his sense of humor, however, and the event. The grounds are well maintained, seemed like a nice property from the outside looking in.

Back to the Horseshoe Casino and Hotel, no messages on machine about room change. Contacted front desk to inquire about rooms available. Was told there might be, didn't know, hadn't checked, and had obviously been put on ignore by manager or whomever it was we had spoken to on day previous. Was then told room was available, finally, and that someone would come up and bring us room keys. Waited another hour and a half, had given up, decided to nap due to long day, extended effort at race, etc. Was interrupted by the opening of our door unexpectedly. Enter stage left: two elderly gentlemen who were surprised and dismayed that someone was sleeping in their beds. And it wasn't Goldilocks.

Act 2:
After apologies for going in the wrong room, they apparently checked their room number and discovered they had the right keys to the room they had been assigned to. Dressed at this point, and at their plea, we allowed them to come in and rest a bit. It was obvious, and they expressed as much, that they were tired from lugging their luggage all around the hotel in the absence of a bellhop, and the long walk from the parking garage. Seeing a pattern here. They wanted to stay in the room, if possible, we had no problem with that, except of course, it required cleaning.

Act 3:
Called the front desk and told them what had just happened. Manager got on phone and asked if we were in the right room. Explained the situation to him, that we were suppose to be moved but no one had brought us keys, etc. He said he would get right back to us. Minutes passed while we entertained our unexpected guests. Then a man who identified himself as a supervisor called us and asked us if we knew we had been moved to another room, pretending that we were at fault.

I am not that old, nor senile, work for an international corporation, all the marbles in place and intact, thanks. Then he apologized for what had happened, said he would find out what was going on, and said he needed my name so he could move us to another room because apparently our name was not on the room on 2nd floor. Said he was sending up keys and bellhop when I explained that we had a lot of luggage, had been ignored by hotel staff, had to tote our bags from room to room, etc. Asked us to send the two gents back to the front desk. They grumbled, but were on their way. Sorry guys.

Act 4:
An hour passed, more of our time eaten up, the keys arrived with very nice bellhop. He apologizes profusely for our plight, which we had to explain to him, helps us move our things to third floor to finally what I had paid extra to ensure we had during our trip to Tunica: a clean, quiet room with a working air conditioner. All that we wanted or asked for, finally, at 6:00 p.m. on the last day of our stay. Some $280 bucks and 36 hour later. Went to dinner with friends, wayyyy overpriced, but decent meal at the buffet. Then we slept, but only after latching the door, checking it twice and putting a chair in front of it. Just in case....

I am not sure who rights these beaming reviews, but when a $200 room on the weekends becomes a $40 room two days later, there might be a problem there...

4  Thank charli4fun
Reviewed May 4, 2012

We stayed on one of their suites and really enjoyed it. We have stayed here and at Horseshoe Bossier City, which are the same room sizes, but Tunica has updated theirs and is awesome. They have the newer flat screen TV's, one in the living area, one in the bed area and one in the bathroom. I love the large soaking tub. My only complaint here is they should have an indoor/outdoor pool that you can use all year. I love to gamble here and fell like I get great play for my money. Of course, I don't always win, but sometimes I do; at least I feel like I get play for my money.

Room Tip: Become a Caesars Total Reward Card Holder and get a lot of great deals on hotel, food and gambling.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple