“Returning To "Jack Binion" Standards”
Review of Horseshoe Tunica

Horseshoe Tunica
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
GreenLeadersSilver level
Decatur, AL
“Returning To "Jack Binion" Standards”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We travel to Tunica 6 or 8 times a year, most of the time staying at the Horseshoe. Some of my past reviews have not been so kind, truthful, but not too kind as I knew Jack Binion when he owned and operated the place. Therefore, I measured their present standards against those of Jack's. Corporate America cannot touch Jack's attention to detail and desire to give the gambler what he wants. However, my last trip showed progress towards the "gold" standard of Jack's. Check in was a breeze and we were given the view room that we reqested; our host, Mary Elizabeth Barron, left us concert tickets to Moody Blues and comps for dinner in the steakhouse. Everything was A+ for this trip and the property as well as the personnel has improved considerably.

Room Tip: Ask for a Mississippi River view room.
3 Thank Lola1177

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (643)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Check in was quick and friendly. Room was clean and large. It had 3 televisions. One was across from the bed, a second tv with at least a 42" screen was across from the sectional sitting area, and the third was in the bathroom to watch from the large tub. Large complimentary squeeze tubes of shampoo, conditioner, and lotion were provided. Roomy closet. Overall good experience.

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank Thedadeo
norman,ok
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I flew in on a harrahs charter and asked yo be upgraded to the Horseshoe from the big harrahs (the old grand) What a huge difference. This place was thriving. All the table games you could need, live entertainment every night, a vibrant feel for the whole place! I stayed in a premium king and it was downright outstanding. Housekeeping did a great job, the hotel manager Monika Fuess was one of the most friendly people who i have ever encountered at a casino and i have been a player for 30 years. My only complaint was the only place i could find video poker was at the bar, no stand alone machines like other casinos?? Minor complaint as this place ROCKS! Food venues were good, ordering cocktails from the slot machines was a blast. Everyone should try this place you won't regret it.

Room Tip: If you can afford to upgrade to a premium room you will appreciate the difference, also the higher f...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank marymark059
Southaven, Mississippi
Reviewed March 10, 2012

The only disappointing thing about our stay were the pillows. They definitely were not made for a good nights sleep. I contacted housekeeping for new pillows and finally saw the hotel manager to get them. After he called housekeeping we had the pillows within the 1/2 hour. Our stay was enjoyable. The room was great and always kept spotless. All the employees are pleasant and go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable and having a good time. The food at the buffet is excellent not to mention the wide assortment. We had a problem with the meat served but after seeing the manager in the dining room who agreed with us it was not fit to eat all was well. We will be going back in two weeks and I am sure we will once again have a great time.

Room Tip: I would recommend an end suite on an upper. We were on the 7th floor and it was extremely quiet.
1 Thank Sally M
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I have stayed at the Horseshoe many times but I have noticed over time this property is really starting to need some repairs. There were several small issues in our room but it indicated to me that if one room had 4 or 5 small issues more over the whole property is probably in need of some attention! I think I may consider other Tunica properties for my next visit.

Waynesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Overall experience was good after a bumpy start. After check in we made our way to our room. It turned out they put us on third floor very far from the only elevator. My husband had a spinal cord injury that limits his mobility. We were willing to walk (we had not requested an accessible room). When entering the room smelled very strongly of what my husband thought to be marijuana. I don't understand how housekeeping could have left it in such a state. We have never complained about a room before but we decided we couldn't stay in that room even if we had to leave the resort. After several attempts of calling the front desk we finally called room service to ask them to connect us. After returning to the front desk for the room change the clerk handed us the key the room right next door to the previous one. At this point I spoke up and asked for something closer to the elevator as my husband was obviously disabled. We were then put in a room right next to the elevator. The experience after this point was very pleasant. So don't be afraid to speak up because that is the only way to get acceptable service at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank carlabeth21
Alamo, Tennessee
Reviewed February 28, 2012

The room we got was a premium double. It was very nice. It had an oversized tub and a nice and spacious bathroom. The beds slept good, but the pillows were on the hard side. I brought mine from home, so I was prepared....my husband was not so lucky. The casino was very nice and the staff very friendly. We will definately go back there again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends