“Don't stay on a lower floor and all will be good”
Review of Horseshoe Tunica

Horseshoe Tunica
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We started in 2nd floor room and heard band from casino until3am, moved up to 11th floor and was quiet. Binions Steakhouse and Buffet both very good, with buffet particularly good for the money. Staff well meaning but often seemed a bit untrained. Casino horribly smoky but that comes with the territory. Overall, above average value and experience, just avoid the lower floors.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank atl_trav917
Write a ReviewReviews (2,587)

Reviewed February 18, 2012

For this quick trip to Memphis and over to Tunica, my husband and I decided to stay at the Horseshoe Casino Hotel. The price was GREAT since it was midweek prices. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. Lots of nice toiletries in the bathroom. One thing that totally stood out was the friendliness of the staff throughout the hotel and casino. The friends that went with us enjoyed themselves too. Check prices on more that one computer because we found three different prices with the 15% discount offered at the time. Not sure why, but glad we found a cheap rate. Will definitely go back.

Room Tip: The hotel goes on forever so if you want to not walk a lot be sure to ask for a more convenient room...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 2, 2012

This place is nicer than the Grand, and the gaming is considerably better. The help was courteous and friendly, and the hotel is quiet (at least where I was). The rooms are relatively large and well-appointed. It is nice to have 3 properties within walking distance. There is a good choice of table games, a rarity these days. I do not do buffets (and a lot of those that do shouldn't), so cannot help with the food choices. The steakhouse is too pricey to suit me. The Atrium Cafe next door at the Gold Strike is more my style. The Horseshoe is a good choice in Tunica, but the comments about having little to do except gamble are correct.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank biochemist
Reviewed February 2, 2012

We live in Massachusetts and visit the Horseshoe 3 or 4 times a year. We have had no complaints with any of our visits. Check in is quick and painless. All the employees are really friendly and go out of their way to make you feel welcomed. We always get a king room on the 12th floor--3 tv's (including 1 in the bathroom), comfortable bed and a great sitting area. Housekeeping is very good. We ate at Binions, the Burger Bar and the buffet--no waiting at all. The slots (that's all we play) are not tight--you get a lot of play time and do win some money. I had 2 hand pays in the 5 days we were there--I play the $1.00 slots. Our casino host is the best--we just email her and the trip is all set. If you want to meet good friends, have good food and have some good casino time I highly recommend the Horseshoe in Tunica.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are great--clean, spacious and not noisey.
3  Thank Masstravler_12
Reviewed January 18, 2012

My husband and I visit Tunica a few times a year. We usually stay at Hollywood but decided to branch out and try something different this time. I'll have to say we missed our free wi-fi, free morning coffee (my husband is okay with the in-room coffee, not me), room safe and newspaper at Hollywood. Since we have a very low status at Horseshoe we were given a 2nd room floor. When I asked for an upgrade to a higher floor I was told it would cost $44 extra each night -- no thanks. Our room, 2130, had a view of the closed pool. Thank goodness it was closed or we would have had people walking right outside our window. Not sure I would like that.

As soon as we checked into our room, we noticed the toilet was running and had to call maintenance (I can't believe housekeeping didn't notice it while cleaning the room and call maintenance so we wouldn't have to). We also had to have the fan replaced in our A/C unit. Fortunately the maintenance man fixed both problems quickly.

Even though the view wasn't good (but that's not really the reason I visit Tunica), the room and bathrooom were both nice and clean. The decor is nice and I liked having two chairs in the room so my husband and I each had a chair for watching TV.

The craps tables at Horseshoe were always packed so we had to go to other casinos to play. We went to the Burger Bar once -- it took forever to get an order of chicken fingers. It didn't appear there were that many people waiting for food; a lot of people working there, but nothing getting done.

3  Thank MTNGIRL56
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I been staying at the Horseshoe for the last 5 visits to Tunica Ms. They have always treated me well, good food, good hotel room. The casino isnt tight. gives you something to keep playing on and hasnt been smokey yet.

We just returned today and this is my first complaint about the Horseshoe hotel. I booked my room a week ahead for a king non smoking, when I arrived they said the only available was a double queen nonsmoking, which we accepted since they are nice rooms I was disappointed since I am a diamond player now that I didnt get a king room with a bigger bath, esp since that is what I reserved. I am not sure how that works but we arrived at 330pm so its not like we were late in arriving for our reservation. This time I got the same room as when I was a platinum player, just disappointed I didnt get what I reserved and not upgrade.

Besides that,food and room were good and the casino wasnt tight.

Room Tip: I am not sure how to get a room you booked even weeks in advance, even if you are a diamond player.
5  Thank KraZynTn
Reviewed December 29, 2011

The casino was okay, but the steakhouse was not worth the money. Food was very good and steaks were cooked as ordered. We were placed in a room by ourselves which was great, but no one informed the wait staff. My husband finally found our waitress but she was overwhelmed to have another table (she even had someone assisting her). Then room filled quickly with very interesting people. I could go on and on about how the wait staff would hand you your plates, make you hold your glass up to them to give you water, the silverware was not placed properly, she took orders on a pad like they have at Denny's etc... Minor little things I know, but when you pay $250 for dinner for 4 people you expect a little bit of class. The final straw was we were actually in a smoking section. I didn't even know they still existed! We were in a casino, but smoke while I am eating is not nice. Final word, do not go here if you expect to have fine dining.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family