2,920 results
All reviewsdiamond loungepremium roomburger bargreat experiencepoker roomslot machinescasino hostcasino floorget awaytable gamesnice roomhotel roomgold strikefunbuffetstarbucksbinions
Reviewed March 31, 2011

since day one, the poker room at the horseshoe in tunica had been some of the most fun and best place to enjoy poker that i had ever been to.

this past week i found myself there again and immediate got into a 15/30 limit holdem game.

at the table from the get go, it was obvious that i was not welcome by most of the players at the table. one in paticular just could not seem to keep his mouth shut. as he continue to attempt to make fun of me, i finally decieded to not allow him to do that.

when this happened, i was told my own behavior was not appropriate. those that know me, know this....that it takes a lot of effort to put me on tilt.

all i can tell you is that the horseshoe in tunica is no longer the room that it was. i would strong suggest staying away from there and enjoy playing next door at the gold strike.

but if you do wind up at the horseshoe, the floor and dealers are still the best, but their locals really do not want you in their game and most of them went out of their way to strong suggest that to me.

by the way, i was also promised a follow up call and or email from the room manager lisa. that never did happen. if anyone would like to know what did happen to me, please feel free to send me an email to don@drosda.com and i will be very happy to share to very unfortunate experience with you.

stay away from the poker room at the horseshoe in tunica.

Room Tip: stay away from the poker room at the horseshoe in
Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
11  Thank drsoda
Reviewed March 20, 2011

I stayed here with my teenage daughter. We were mainly interested in visiting Memphis, a couple of museums, the Civil Rights Museum and Beale Street. I booked my room from a special promotion offered on their web site. I was very impressed with the staff and the accommodations. Our room was large, bright, clean and very comfortable. I was put in a non-smoking room on the second floor and it exceeded my expectations. The Buffet was an excellent choice, my daughter especially enjoyed the dessert bar. Parking was very convenient.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Professor H
Reviewed March 15, 2011

Our first stay at a Casino property in Tunica, MS. Drove 5 hours from near Nashville, TN. Hotel was very nice, but several bad points. Hotel reservations were made with KING SIZE, Non-SMOKING room. Upon arrival, only smoking rooms available. Service desk people were very rude.

Casino was solid smoke. It's hard to believe that people that smoke are keeping these places in business. Why can't large casinos provide gambling areas for non-smokers. It's time to get in the 20th century.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 4, 2011

Our room was on the 12th floor & was considered a suite. It was much more luxurious than the room we had when we stayed there in November. Everything was clean & worked well. You are so close to the casino. Their buffet is the BEST! Every staff member we met was helpful & friendly--especially Elaine in the Total Rewards booth. We enjoyed shopping in the hotel's two gift shops. You now order drinks on the slot machines & they come quickly. We can't imagine staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Barbara F
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Service was terrible everyone had attidudes and very rude people. Rooms very dusting and dirty air didnt work very hot in room. Had to walk alot. The aces snack bar was terrible the service and food was the worse ive ever seen. I would recommend not staying here our even gambling here.

• Stayed: March 2011